Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marco Rubio (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290441)

ALBballer 02-12-2013 10:44 PM

Marco Rubio

Anyone watching his speech? Dude looks a bit inexperienced out there, anyone catch where he chugged that water down?

:oldlol:

Brujesino 02-12-2013 10:49 PM

Re: Marco Rubio

He looked so mad i thought he was gonna reach for a gun:oldlol:

Balla_Status 02-12-2013 10:49 PM

Oil came from God Rubio? You mean it doesn't come from a combination of organic material under immense pressure and temperature over time through a system of traps, reservoir rocks and source rocks?

Thanks for nothing Texas A&M.

SOTU was a joke. So was Rubio's...kinda. Because he won't follow through.

ALBballer 02-12-2013 10:51 PM

Damm that was quick

http://vine.co/v/bvEnPmub7Lr

To be fair it's a hard act to follow but he looked so nervous out there.

Derka 02-12-2013 10:54 PM

Republicans forcing an inexperienced minority candidate in front of hundreds of millions of people.

"LOOK, LOOK! See?? We have brown people! Vote for us!"

ALBballer 02-12-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derka
Republicans forcing an inexperienced minority candidate in front of hundreds of millions of people.

"LOOK, LOOK! See?? We have brown people! Vote for us!"

Rubio looks predominately European and is most likely of Spanish descent. Most of the hispanics in America are of Armenidian descent and do not relate with "White" Cubans whom they consider to be racist.

boozehound 02-12-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Oil came from God Rubio? You mean it doesn't come from a combination of organic material under immense pressure and temperature over time through a system of traps, reservoir rocks and source rocks?

Thanks for nothing Texas A&M.

SOTU was a joke. So was Rubio's...kinda. Because he won't follow through.

Did he really say that? Didnt watch either speech live, but shit like that infuriates me. The complete disregard/dismissal of science by the republican party is ridiculous.

Derka 02-12-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer
Rubio looks predominately European and is most likely of Spanish descent. Most of the hispanics in America are of Armenidian descent and do not identify with "White" Cubans and consider them racist.

You should know better than to presume that the average American voter, especially among declared Republicans, is possessed of the ability to distinguish at that level, sir.

Balla_Status 02-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
Did he really say that? Didnt watch either speech live, but shit like that infuriates me. The complete disregard/dismissal of science by the republican party is ridiculous.

"God has blessed USA with coal, natural gas and oil."

ALBballer 02-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

You know what infuriates me? When Obama states tax incentives, government loans, and other government programs has lowered tuition when anyone that has taken a basic micro-economics class can prove him wrong.

InspiredLebowski 02-12-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

You know what infuriates me? When Obama states tax incentives, government loans, and other government programs has lowered tuition when anyone that has taken a basic micro-economics class can prove him wrong.

I didn't watch either, was watching Michigan get their asses kicked. He said that? It wasn't a cookie cutter "government programs allow underprivileged go to school" line?

boozehound 02-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

"God has blessed USA with coal, natural gas and oil."

and they are well exploited, no doubt. I live in an area where all of them are in heavy extraction. they just approved the first tarsands in the US, under obama, so whats the problem? There has been massive development of natural gas across the US under obama so, again, whats the problem? That we arent raping our public lands to the extreme to do so? The BLM's stated mission is to sustain the health, diversity and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations, as well as support multiple use of public lands.

This is just a random section of the uinta basin here in utah. Each of those is a well pad. Yet we arent exploiting our public lands enough?

(not directed at hawker, just the people acting like we dont exploit our domestic energy resources).

boozehound 02-12-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

again, didnt watch it. There is no doubt that there is a ton of money to pay for tuition. There is also no doubt that tuition is skyrocketing.

Balla_Status 02-12-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

and they are well exploited, no doubt. I live in an area where all of them are in heavy extraction. they just approved the first tarsands in the US, under obama, so whats the problem? There has been massive development of natural gas across the US under obama so, again, whats the problem? That we arent raping our public lands to the extreme to do so? The BLM's stated mission is to sustain the health, diversity and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations, as well as support multiple use of public lands.

This is just a random section of the uinta basin here in utah. Each of those is a well pad. Yet we arent exploiting our public lands enough?

(not directed at hawker, just the people acting like we dont exploit our domestic energy resources).

I agree...it's just an exaggeration by the republicans. Even though I work in O&G, I can't argue against alternative energy but I believe government shouldn't be involved in determining what the solution should be.

And btw, I know you like to use that map and exaggerate the prescence of well pads but it's hardly noticeable driving around. Search Bakersfield cymric field or belridge field if you want to see really bad. And you can't use one section of uintah basin and generalize it across the entire USA.

Vernal is a shit hole though. Sorry if you live there. Or Roosevelt.

boozehound 02-12-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

I agree...it's just an exaggeration by the republicans. Even though I work in O&G, I can't argue against alternative energy but I believe government shouldn't be involved in determining what the solution should be.

And btw, I know you like to use that map and exaggerate the prescence of well pads but it's hardly noticeable driving around. Search Bakersfield cymric field or belridge field if you want to see really bad. And you can't use one section of uintah basin and generalize it across the entire USA.

Vernal is a shit hole though. Sorry if you live there. Or Roosevelt.

I am not generalizing for the entire US, simply for our public lands (mostly in the west and the majority controlled by BLM). the entire basin is pretty much like that, and its definitely noticeable driving around. I really did, just go to google maps and zoom in on a random section. Its not the end of the world (I would rather the wells than the coal plants), but its basically been a push of public lands (with their bullshit multiple use mantra) towards one use. Thankfully, I do not live there, but I think the basin is quite beautiful.