Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   No thread on JJ Abhrams doing the new Star Wars trilogy? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290487)

embersyc 02-13-2013 12:31 PM

No thread on JJ Abhrams doing the new Star Wars trilogy?

Surprise I didn't see this since it was big news yesterday when Lucasfilm confirmed Abrams would be directing at least Star Wars Episode 7.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36294

I can only imagine he got the job for successfully rebooting Star Trek.

Although no telling what direction an Abrams Star Wars movie might take.

DCL 02-13-2013 12:35 PM

Re: No thread on JJ Abhrams doing the new Star Wars trilogy?

it was discovered a while ago, not a few days ago...

there was a thread back then. if you want to see the comments, dig it up, page by page, until your hands get tired... yup, that far back ago.

ZeN 02-13-2013 12:35 PM

It was semi-confirmed a while before that.. And its been talked about in certain threads here. But true this is the first actual thread on it.

Qwyjibo 02-13-2013 12:43 PM

I don't know why but the older that I get, the less I'm interested in the whole Star Wars universe. So many aspects of it seem so silly and impractical (stormtroppers, midichlorians, AT-AT walkers, where are the women in this galaxy? etc.) Maybe I'm just nitpicking too much. The relative crappiness of the prequels and the Clone Wars garbage didn't help but even revisiting some of the old-trilogy characters I wouldn't care too much about.

Hopefully the new ones re-discover the sense of simple fun that the old trilogy had. More high quality fantasy movies are always welcome but to me, the Star Wars brand just doesn't do as much anymore.

Myth 02-16-2013 12:31 PM

http://collider.com/star-wars-episod...-ford/?_r=true

Han Solo has been approached for the new Star Wars. No deal yet, but this shows that they may not be going with recasting for youth.

Balla_Status 02-16-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
http://collider.com/star-wars-episod...-ford/?_r=true

Han Solo has been approached for the new Star Wars. No deal yet, but this shows that they may not be going with recasting for youth.

lol

I like how you identify Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

B-Low 02-16-2013 12:43 PM

If they can get the old cast back (obviously for storyline purposes and not so much for action scenes) they'd definitely be on the right track as far as the sequels go.

Myth 02-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
lol

I like how you identify Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

lol, I guess that is just who he is to me.

DonDadda59 02-16-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
If they can get the old cast back (obviously for storyline purposes and not so much for action scenes) they'd definitely be on the right track as far as the sequels go.

Nobody wants to see this tragedy play out on their big screens :(

Time has not been kind to the Skywalker twins and nobody wants to see their grandfather make the kessel run.

B-Low 02-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Rasheed1 02-16-2013 01:25 PM

Mark Hamil would do well in an Obi Wan role for the next movie... Grand master of a rebuilt Jedi order.. That would be good..

No more Han Solo (unless its animated) because Harrison Ford IS solo and ford is too old and there would be nothing interesting about an old solo...

No more Carrie Fisher, unless she plays a role similar to what Hamil would become, which would be an older sage Jedi type.

Im praying Disney doesnt ruin it.. The prequel movies werent the best, but I always loved the story line with the emperor and Anakin. Hayden what his face sucked in the movies, so we didnt get a good chance to watch Anakin turn.. I like animated series because Anakin's character is done much better, and they explore alot of things that werent covered in the movies.

DonDadda59 02-16-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low

:oldlol:

I can't be the only one who imagined her speaking with Jabba's voice in that picture.

Quote:

No more Han Solo (unless its animated) because Harrison Ford IS solo and ford is too old and there would be nothing interesting about an old solo...

I've heard rumors that if they did recast the originals, Ryan Gosling would be in the lead to play Solo.

Nick Young 02-16-2013 04:04 PM

Oh life doesnt get any better, cant believe people were against Disney getting starwars, they nailed avengers of course they'll nail this, even their flops like "John Carter" are really good movies especially for fans of the source material.

Disney will get the best person to write it, the best person to direct it and the best actors. Let's face the music, A New Hope is perfect but after that even as early as Jedi he's proven himself to be not the best people person in the world, and his dialogue has always been corny. Empire, the best film, wasn't written or directed by Lucas, it's good to have him coming up with plots and concepts and the story, but no input in any other aspects of the film.

DeuceWallaces 02-16-2013 04:44 PM

Lol at all of you acting like Carrie and Mark won't be working out like crazy before any filming takes place. I really doubt they'd show up in the first Disney SW movies looking like they do at comicon or on good morning america.

Nick Young 02-17-2013 11:30 AM

I wonder if they'll include all the shit from the books, like the Yuzan Vongs and all the skywalker kids who are still alive after New Jedi Order