Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Flossing your teeth, how often do you do it? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290601)

-p.tiddy- 02-14-2013 06:17 PM

Flossing your teeth, how often do you do it?

How often do you floss?

I recently moved so I went to a new dentist today because of closer location, and after I told her that my flossing habits are around once a week she suggested that I just try to floss twice a week instead. Her reasoning for that she said is that when she used to tell people to floss daily that many of them would get frustrated and give up altogether and never floss, but telling them to just floss twice a week they aren't nearly as frustrated and at least it gets them to floss every now and then.

maybe rufus has some input on my dentist's advice...or maybe he hates to talk about work in here which is understandable :)...is twice a week enough rufus?

wish I flossed every day, but I'm always short on time and it is such an easy step to slack on or skip...I do brush twice a day though

Timmy D for MVP 02-14-2013 06:27 PM

Re: Flossing your teeth, how often do you do it?

Not nearly enough.

That should be just about everyone's answer.

alenleomessi 02-14-2013 06:27 PM

does anyone from europe floss? :lol

tontoz 02-14-2013 06:28 PM

I have been doing it twice a week for a couple of years with good results.

I have seen what happens when someone gets gum disease. My dad had it. They had to cut away some of his gums and they got infected. Not pretty and very painful.

JEFFERSON MONEY 02-14-2013 06:29 PM

Twice a day dude, it's pretty fukking important. I'll floss and skip brushing occasionally big deal nothing chewing sugarless gum or gargling with salt water can't help.

If you don't have the time I highly recommend looking into oil pulling which can be done in a car.

ProfessorMurder 02-14-2013 06:31 PM

Depends, sometimes I go up to three times per day, sometimes not for a few weeks. Flossing is like stretching for me, I feel better when I do it but it's never imperative in my mind.

If you want to up your flossing I'd recommend you buy those floss pick things. You don't lose your grip as much, you can use them one handed, the opposite end can usually be used as a toothpick. They're all in all easier, but don't quite have full floss functionality. I'd say they're 90% as good as floss (from a health perspective). Plus you can get them about 30 to a bag at dollar stores.

ballup 02-14-2013 06:34 PM

Really? Once a week? I do it once every night.

HardwoodLegend 02-14-2013 06:41 PM

Once a day, but I only floss the areas where I noticably get food stuck. So I'm shortchanging myself.

fiddy 02-14-2013 06:41 PM

Besides brushing i've never flossed my teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgp3SEtB0I Seems like too much of an effort

Qwyjibo 02-14-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballup
Really? Once a week? I do it once every night.

Same. Every night before I brush my teeth.

I also find it extremely annoying to have stuff in between my teeth so I generally have floss handy.

IGotACoolStory 02-14-2013 07:00 PM

Once a day... It only takes a few minutes unless I'm doing it wrong.

I have a sonic care brush so I brush with that (supposed to 30 second for each quadrant), floss, quick brush over again, and mouth wash.

That's only at night tho. All other times I brush is just brushing and mouthwash afterwards.

daily 02-14-2013 07:03 PM

Twice a year the morning of my dental appointment. :lol

Twice a week unless I get something stuck between my teeth that's bugging me.

Stuckey 02-14-2013 07:04 PM

never tbh

my dad's side has bad teeth, not sure if I can avoid it by flossing

but I brush 3 times a day and rinse my mouth repeatedly with water

Scholar 02-14-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Not nearly enough.

That should be just about everyone's answer.

+1

There are times when I'm highly conscience of it and do it at least once a day for a few weeks, and then there are times when I don't even think about it and don't floss for a few weeks. It's definitely a routine I need to add into my daily life.

DaHeezy 02-14-2013 07:15 PM

Everyday all day

I love it. I like smelling that shyt after.

When I get stuff stuck in my teeth I tie the floss in a knot. Dislodges it like no other. I keep a roll in the bathroom, by my bed, and in my car.