Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just saw Die Hard 5... not good (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290608)

Riddler 02-14-2013 07:07 PM

Just saw Die Hard 5... not good

I thought it was gonna be better than part 4 judging by the trailer, but no.

It's the worst one out of the sequels.

I wouldn't say it was terrible... but it's definitely a disappointment.

Scholar 02-14-2013 07:13 PM

Re: Just saw Die Hard 5... not good

Yippey ki yay, motherfucker.

AlphaWolf24 02-14-2013 08:32 PM

I remember seeing the First one in the Movie Theater....one of the best Movie theater expierences ever....

Theater was crowded and everyone was engaged...First one needs to be seen in a Theater to get the full experience.

sucks to hear #5 is not good.....didn't really care for #4 either.

Bucket_Nakedz 02-15-2013 02:21 AM

die hard ended for me after the third. i even loved the sega saturn game

ukballer 02-15-2013 02:41 AM

All I've done is watch a couple of trailers, and I can already tell it looks pretty cheesy.

Smoke117 02-15-2013 02:42 AM

Yeah I've read it's pretty bad. Frankly I enjoyed the 4th one...it was better than the 2nd one at least. I think most people hate it because it wasn't R. My main problem was that they made John basically indestructible to outrageous levels, but it wasn't a terrible movie or anything.

Myth 02-15-2013 03:54 AM

I'm glad I checked reviews just before seeing it. I met with a group of people for dinner and some branched off to see this and others went to Dave & Busters. My original plan was Die Hard, but the reviews plus finding out it was $15 to see it versus the $10 I was used to made D&B and easy choice.

kentatm 02-15-2013 04:04 AM

the fact that it was released mid February with a modest marketing campaign should have been a red flag that even the studio thought it stunk.

Myth 02-15-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
the fact that it was released mid February with a modest marketing campaign should have been a red flag that even the studio thought it stunk.

Bruce Willis was just on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. They showed an action scene that looked really bad. Just filmed poorly.

ihoopallday 02-15-2013 11:55 AM

:eek: Haven't been to the movies for like 2 years. Was actually excited to go see this tomorrow with some friends. Is it really THAT bad?

Myth 02-15-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihoopallday
:eek: Haven't been to the movies for like 2 years. Was actually excited to go see this tomorrow with some friends. Is it really THAT bad?

Just check out Rotten Tomatoes. Surprisingly, people who seen it have given it good reviews while the critics hated it. Not sure I've seen such a discrepancy of reviews from critics to the general audience.

RoseCity07 02-15-2013 04:56 PM

The one with Carl from Family Matters is good. The one with Samuel L Jackson is good. I didn't care for the airport one. The rest have all been trash.

Do you recommend checking this one out?

bagelred 02-15-2013 04:59 PM

Die Hard is very easy to understand, as they get progressively worse from first to the fifth one. (although I haven't seen this one, but I assume it's the worst).