Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do Formula 1 racers race in streets races? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290733)

JerryWest 02-15-2013 08:28 PM

Do Formula 1 racers race in streets races?

With their skill and wealth, how come we don't see any f1 racers doing street races or drag races? :confusedshrug:

RaininThrees 02-15-2013 08:50 PM

Re: Do Formula 1 racers race in streets races?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryWest
With their skill and wealth, how come we don't see any f1 racers doing street races or drag races? :confusedshrug:

Considering the bolded, why would they?

What would be the point, exactly?

boozehound 02-15-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

first, who is your avy?

Second, why would they risk their career by breaking the law? I am sure F1 would not be very happy with a driver caught doing such

Scholar 02-15-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Maybe because they're not stupid. Why street race, potentially get busted by cops or killed, and ruin the wealth that came with the skills?

Street racing is for idiots. Save it for the track, and if you can't afford going to a track, you shouldn't be risking prison time by racing.

bdreason 02-15-2013 09:58 PM

Guys like Hamilton and Vettel are making 20+ million a year... and street races aint shit compared to F1.

That said, F1 schedule includes races that take part on actual streets, like the Circuit of Monaco and Circuit of Valencia.

miller-time 02-15-2013 10:07 PM

Someone just watched Fast and Furious...

This is like asking why Nadal or Federer don't play racketball at the local YMCA.

kNicKz 02-16-2013 02:26 AM

Making millions as a professional, better go get 500 bucks off this illegal street race

:yaohappy:

kaiteng 02-16-2013 02:45 AM

UtahJazzFan88 02-16-2013 02:47 AM

Because F1 cars are setup to run on the streets of Manhattan. :oldlol: :biggums:

bdreason 02-16-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LamarOdom
Does that include endorsement or just salaries?

Hamilton just signed a deal with Mercedes for 3 years, $100 million. I'm sure that $100 million is including incentives based on performance though. Vettel signed an extension with Red Bull a couple years ago that was rumored to be in the 3 years, $80 million range.

ukballer 02-16-2013 04:38 AM

Comparing drag races to driving around Monaco. :oldlol: I know OP is trolling, but I'll still bite seeing as I'm an F1 junkie.

Granted, there were more street circuits in the past than there are now. There was a pretty demanding one in Phoenix, for example. Think it was last used in 1991. Also ones in Adelaide, Detroit, Long Beach, and some more.

And as mentioned before, they still do 78 laps of Monaco, one of the toughest street circuits, and has been for years. And Valencia too, though can't see them staying there for much longer, track is apparently very run down.

But yeah, stick to your Fast and Furious shit. :lol

JerryWest 02-16-2013 05:19 AM

So a f1 driver never tried street racing?

ukballer 02-16-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

So a f1 driver never tried street racing?

How the **** would we know? :lol

Too busy living the life, and I don't blame them. People think street racing is cool based off films like Fast and Furious. Dunno why, but I'm not a fan of nice looking cars being disfigured with **** ugly spoilers and awful paintjobs. Hardly the height of technology either. I'll stick to the pinnacle of Motorsport thanks.

jamal99 02-16-2013 11:56 AM

Why don't NBA players play in street ball tournaments? They could own competition and earn some big $...

kNicKz 02-16-2013 03:37 PM

Why hasn't Lebron come to my local rec center? Dude is missing out on serious $$$