Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Forest Whitaker Accused Of Shoplifting, Frisked!? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290889)

BRabbiT 02-17-2013 06:38 PM

Forest Whitaker Accused Of Shoplifting, Frisked!?

Quote:

Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker’s visit to a Morningside Heights gourmet deli came with a side order of stop and frisk.

The “Bird” star was accused of shoplifting and patted down Friday around lunchtime by an overzealous employee at the Milano Market, according to Whitaker’s publicist. The encounter was confirmed by a store employee.

The humiliating episode came as Whitaker, who won the Academy Award for his 2006 portrayal of Idi Ami, was walking out.

The suspicious worker stopped Whitaker, charging that he stole something from the store shelves.

"It was around lunchtime and the store was packed," said a Milano employee who refused to give his name.

"We were like 50 people deep. The person walked in and out really quickly so our person just made a mistake. The employee apologized immediately. It was an honest mistake. I've been here 14 years and nothing like this has ever happened."

Quote:

Many stars frequent the Columbia University-area gourmet deli specializing in Italian fare. Tobey McGuire and Sarah Jessica Parker have been spotted at the upscale grocery.

Still, Whittaker's representative said the star was troubled by the incident.

This was an upsetting incident given the fact that Forest did nothing more than walk into the deli,” said his publicist, Jennifer Plante.

“What is most unfortunate about this situation is the inappropriate way store employees are treating patrons of their establishment.”

Whitaker, who lives in California, was in New York working on a project this week.

His assistant said the actor, whose credits include “The Crying Game” and “Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai,” was on the set and unavailable to discuss the incident.

According to Plante, the 51-year-old Whitaker opted not to call the cops about the allegation — in part because the worker was afraid of getting fired.

Forest asked that, in the future, the store change their behavior and treat the public in a fair and just manner,” she said.

LINK

fire that dumbass:wtf:

Myth 02-17-2013 06:42 PM

Re: Forest Whitaker Accused Of Shoplifting, Frisked!?

Cool of Whitaker to not throw a tantrum about it as many celebs would leading to the firing of the employee.

L.Kizzle 02-17-2013 06:43 PM

Hmm, I wonder why ...

L.Kizzle 02-17-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Cool of Whitaker to not throw a tantrum about it as many celebs would leading to the firing of the employee.

The employee will probably get fired anyway as it went public.

If there was no story ... probably not.

Myth 02-17-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The employee will probably get fired anyway as it went public.

If there was no story ... probably not.

True, but it still seems like Whitaker tried to be cool about it.

Myth 02-17-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Hmm, I wonder why ...

I also wouldn't trust a guy who looks like this:

BoogieWoogieMan 02-17-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Hmm, I wonder why ...

The guy isn't a fan of his movies? :confusedshrug:

Just2McFly 02-18-2013 03:26 PM

It's logical for a person to quickly peruse a store and leave when there are FIFTY people in there. He probably decided to walk around and see what they had then realized that he wasn't going to wait in line for something that he really didn't want. It happens all the time.

I always thought the suspicious people are the ones that spend an extra long time contemplating in front of a product and look around suspiciously.

This employee should have been fired on the spot.