Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dr Jerry Buss passes away (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290997)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-18-2013 12:13 PM

Dr Jerry Buss passes away

RIP THE BEST owner in pro sports history...

DKLaker 02-18-2013 12:24 PM

Re: Dr Jerry Buss passes away

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Wow......RIP, it's a sad day in LA.

All Net 02-18-2013 12:59 PM

:( :( :(

Amazing man

L.A. Jazz 02-18-2013 01:26 PM

wow, now all the anger about Brown, MDA or Howard looks small und unimportant. it's a sad day for the Buss family and Laker Nation.

DKLaker 02-18-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
wow, now all the anger about Brown, MDA or Howard looks small und unimportant. it's a sad day for the Buss family and Laker Nation.

So very true :(

dd24 02-18-2013 02:12 PM

He really was one of the best owners in all sports. It's a sad day for sure.

Da Kobester 02-18-2013 02:58 PM

Dr. Jerry Buss R.I.P. was a true Laker at heart he is the main reason for 10 of our 16 Championships 2nd only to the Celtics, it's sad to see our mastermind has passed on. Perhaps if the Lakers have it in them could now use this as a motivational wake up call to try and revitalize their season for our 17th chip in memory of their legendary owner.

andredpg 02-18-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

RIP

bladefd 02-18-2013 07:43 PM

Rest in peace. One of the best owners in any sports that put winning over everything else. He was truly a man that changed basketball and more importantly how to lead a sports team to success. Great smart man that will be missed by all Laker fans and basketball fans. RIP Dr. Jerry Buss, a basketball legend that did not play a single minute in the nba but contributed so much to its greatness.

Mgamer20o0 02-18-2013 09:27 PM

a sad day for the lakers and all of the NBA. for someone who never played in the nba he brought greatness and changed the game where very few have done. he will surely be missed.

lakerfreak 02-19-2013 11:51 AM

doctor buss was one of the best examples of if you work hard, you will succeed. after he earned his position as the Lakers CEO, he commanded so much respect in this league. He was seen as a leader by his players, employees, and was even a great friend to David Stern. To me, it is no wonder that he died on Presidents Day. it is so fitting and he deserves an honorable mention when his name is brought to our lips. Thank you Jerry. Rest in peace and bless you.

$LakerGold 02-19-2013 08:19 PM

R.I.P.

Such a bad year for the LAKER NATION.

insidehoops 02-20-2013 09:20 AM

Q: On the impact Dr. Buss had on him and if he finds it ironic the Lakers will be facing the team he most wanted to beat the most on Wednesday (Boston):
Bryant: Yeah, I do. To me, personally, he obviously believed in me since Day 1 being a 17-year-old kid to where I am now. His competitive spirit, his vision where this organization should be and how it should go beyond basketball with the global outreach that he had on his mind. We talked quite a bit about that and we talked about the old times. Hes obviously had a profound impact on me, to say the least.

Q: On Dr. Buss having an influence in him staying with the Lakers:
Bryant: Of course. I think in 2007 was really the big one. I had to make a choice and believing in him, which wasnt very hard to do once I took a step back and see everything that he accomplished. I had a chance to sit down with him and we talked about what his vision was and his vision for rebuilding this team and rebuilding this team quickly. It was easy for me because I was a Lakers fan growing up, so I saw how many championships hed been able to win and see how many times he was able to rebuild. It was a pretty easy call for me.

Q: On his talk with Dr. Buss about rebuilding the team:
Bryant: He went into a little bit of the salary cap, free agents and all this other stuff, which, his memory was pretty remarkable in terms of what he was able to remember, the space he had available, who was available and how he was going to put it all together. When somebody has that kind of detail, its pretty easy to roll with.

Q: On if hes concerned about the future of the organization:
Bryant: Its tough. Its tough to follow in those shoes. I think the important thing to do is to take the lessons hes taught and Im sure there are many and things that theyve learned from him, and try to carry it on to the future.

-- Reported by Trevor Wong of the Lakers.com Blog