Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Da'Quan Bowers arrested for attempting to bring gun on plane (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291156)

knickballer 02-19-2013 08:25 PM

Da'Quan Bowers arrested for attempting to bring gun on plane

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...ng-gun-airport

What's wrong with these idiots? Have fun in jail Mr.Bowers!

Jailblazers7 02-19-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Da'Quan Bowers arrested for attempting to bring gun on plane

ON A PLANE!? Holy shit, this is dumber than Plaxico.

knickballer 02-19-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
ON A PLANE!? Holy shit, this is dumber than Plaxico.

Did he really think he was going to actually smuggle the gun through all the security? How can people be this dumb? To think he has a college degree as well :facepalm

Jackass18 02-20-2013 01:14 AM

Couldn't he just say he didn't know/realize it was in there?

GOBB 02-20-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
Couldn't he just say he didn't know/realize it was in there?

How do you not know u have a gun in ur carry on luggage? :roll:

I don't know about gun laws and NYC outside if them being strict. I do know u can take your gun with u on a flight. Just not carry. Has to be luggage/concealed, declared and so forth.

What an idiot.

"I play for the TB Bucs Im not going to shoot my gun on the plane"

Jackass18 02-20-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
How do you not know u have a gun in ur carry on luggage? :roll:

"Itís still not clear why Bowers took the gun with him to the airport, although the Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Bowers unwittingly traveled with it to New York and discovered it in his checked bag after he arrived. His girlfriend, the paper says, surprised him with the trip and they packed in a hurry."

Apparently, he forgot it was in there, then I guess looked into his bag at the airport, saw it was in there and then alerted the people at the check-in counter that he was carrying a gun.

-p.tiddy- 02-20-2013 07:26 PM

If anyone remembers this exact same thing happened to Barry Switzer, he packed forgot that he had a gun in his bag at the airport...pre-911 so it wasn't that big of a deal

I believe Bowers that he didn't know it was there...because the alternative is him being the dumbest player in the league by far, which is saying a lot

Jailblazers7 02-20-2013 08:43 PM

I can believe that it was an accident but that still blows my mind.

MK2V1GP 02-22-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

"Itís still not clear why Bowers took the gun with him to the airport, although the Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Bowers unwittingly traveled with it to New York and discovered it in his checked bag after he arrived. His girlfriend, the paper says, surprised him with the trip and they packed in a hurry."

Apparently, he forgot it was in there, then I guess looked into his bag at the airport, saw it was in there and then alerted the people at the check-in counter that he was carrying a gun.

People are so quick to judge these days without hearing any of the details.

"Holy crap. What a moron for bring a loaded gun into an airport."

OBVIOUSLY it was a mistake and he handled the situation perfectly (aside from the forgetting about it part). I don't blame him for anything. He's a pro athlete. Most pro athletes have weapons for protection. I can understand him forgetting to unload it if he had to pack for a hurry. He didn't do a dumb thing and try to sneak it by. That would've been stupid. When he realized he had it packed, he alerted the right people...and this was BEFORE security. ALSO, his gun wasn't even loaded. His gun and clip were just in the same bag, and under NY's strict gun laws, that's "considered" loaded.

I read somewhere that this exact thing happens quite frequently in NY airports. It was an honest mistake. DQ doesn't have any history of violence. He's a freakin' guitar player in a gospel band in the offseason lol.

Hopefully he'll just do some community service. If he lands one day in jail, it'll be a joke.

GOBB 02-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

There are things in life you just don't just forget. A gun and a magazine is one of them. This doesn't exain how he forgot he had the gun there in the first place. You don't forget things like that.

MK2V1GP 04-11-2013 11:22 AM

Da'Quan Bowers gun charges reduced to disorderly conduct violation. Fined $250 with a $120 surcharge.

GOBB 04-11-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Da'Quan Bowers gun charges reduced to disorderly conduct violation. Fined $250 with a $120 surcharge.

Still a dumbass

MK2V1GP 04-17-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Still a dumbass

I guess you would know.

knickballer 04-17-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

I guess you would know.

Anyone who tries to carry a gun on a plane is a dumbass...

GOBB 04-18-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

I guess you would know.

You're defending stupidity, irresponsibility. Why? Because dude plays for a team you root for. :roll: Pathetic

You dont forget you are carrying the gun in the first place. Your defense will he didnt intend to get on the plane with it and notified the airport security during check in. My counter is what was he doing with a gun in his bag? Saying "I forgot" doesnt happen. You forget your brush, toothbrush, deodorant...not a f*cking 40 cal handgun.