Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Playstation 4!!!!!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291263)

DirtySanchez 02-20-2013 06:12 PM

Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Just announced!!!!

About to show it soon ill out up pics!!

Burgz V2 02-20-2013 06:56 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
my body is ready.

che guevara 02-20-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
We're at the point now where graphics can't get that much better. This is nothing like the leap from the PS1/N64 to the GC/PS2/Xbox, I pretty much shit my pants the first time I saw PS2 graphics, whereas now it's just a minor/moderate upgrade from the PS3. It's all about features and improving the experience now.

Done_And_Done 02-21-2013 02:52 AM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Check out the vividness of grandpa's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s9CYoIH-sQY

Done_And_Done 02-21-2013 02:54 AM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Okay this is just outright silly...
http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?featu...a_player&gl=GB

DirtySanchez 02-21-2013 04:07 AM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
I think the graphics are looking a whole lot better. But what I liked was the download time. If its real quick I'm gunna love it!!!

takai 02-21-2013 09:37 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Still not sold on it yet. I want to see what the system itself looks like as well.

Kungfro 02-25-2013 04:06 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Interesting article on the ps4 hardware.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-your-pc-isnt/

AlphaWolf24 02-25-2013 06:13 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Check out the vividness of grandpa's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s9CYoIH-sQY



those are not or ever going to be from a PS4 game.

Rose 02-25-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by takai
Still not sold on it yet. I want to see what the system itself looks like as well.

Not to sound like a douche but...Why? Have you ever looked at ANY of your consoles and went "damn, that is as aesthetically pleasing as my favorite car" Or have you ever went "Wtf Nintendo? Putting a console on a stand? why? will not buy."

:confusedshrug: I mean all it does is sit there, take disks in and puts them back out.

BuffaloBill 02-26-2013 09:12 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
Not to sound like a douche but...Why? Have you ever looked at ANY of your consoles and went "damn, that is as aesthetically pleasing as my favorite car" Or have you ever went "Wtf Nintendo? Putting a console on a stand? why? will not buy."

:confusedshrug: I mean all it does is sit there, take disks in and puts them back out.




Looks matter. The slim PS3 looks so much better sitting next to my tv than the first model did. It was so big and bulky and collected way too much dust. There's a reason the Nintendo 64 hardware came in so many different colors. If looks weren't important, people wouldn't buy those limited edition consoles either.





You can't say you aren't curious to see how the new Playstation looks.

Draz 02-26-2013 10:12 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Honestly. I just got a PS3 a few months ago and want to put it to use, haven't done much with it.. sheeit they could of put more time into the PS4.

nightprowler10 02-26-2013 11:53 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Looks matter. The slim PS3 looks so much better sitting next to my tv than the first model did. It was so big and bulky and collected way too much dust. There's a reason the Nintendo 64 hardware came in so many different colors. If looks weren't important, people wouldn't buy those limited edition consoles either.





You can't say you aren't curious to see how the new Playstation looks.

**** the slim! My fat PS3 took out my sister's car's back window and still works fine. A slim would've been destroyed.

Rose 02-27-2013 12:40 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
There's a difference between color, and looks though. Personally, I bought my Halo: Reach console, because it was silver and I needed a new one. :lol I'll give you that.

I generally care aesthetics, but almost always consoles aren't sleek looking especially in the first batch. I mean can you say the 360 or the Wii look great? Sure the Slim looks better next to your tv in comparison to it's predecessor but is it a good looking device?:confusedshrug:

Hell I have a slim ps3, and I wouldn't say it looks like nice. It just looks...like a console :confusedshrug: I've never looked at any console and went damn, that is something I definitely want to put my disk in. Computers? Phones? Cars? material possessions like that looks matter because we show them off way more than we do a console.

LJJ 02-27-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Looks matter. The slim PS3 looks so much better sitting next to my tv than the first model did. It was so big and bulky and collected way too much dust. There's a reason the Nintendo 64 hardware came in so many different colors. If looks weren't important, people wouldn't buy those limited edition consoles either.


The phrase should be: Looks and form factor matter, eventually.

It doesn't matter in the beginning. Sony and Microsoft will try to push the boundaries with their new consoles from a technical perspective as well as a budget perspective. They have to deliver a console that is the strongest combination of technical capability and price, they will definitely cut corners on design for their launch product because this decreases the costs per unit.

Yes, the console will be bulkier than you'd like it to be. The design won't be as good as you'd like it to be. That's because at this point it's not cost effective to do those things.

As the price of the technology comes down with time eventually that will give Sony an excuse to make a new version of the console that is more refined aesthetically.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy