Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report: Kobe predicts Lakers will make playoffs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291393)

YGS 02-21-2013 06:37 PM

Report: Kobe predicts Lakers will make playoffs

Kobe Bryant confident in Lakers

Quote:

Bryant said in an interview with Sports Illustrated that he is certain the struggling Lakers will make the playoffs. The 15-time All-Star also claimed he has "no fear" of any potential postseason opponent in the competitive Western Conference.

"It's not a question of if we make the playoffs. We will," Bryant told Sports Illustrated. "And when we get there, I have no fear of anyone -- Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Denver ... whoever. I have zero nervousness about that."

The Lakers (26-29) have won six of their last nine games, including Wednesday's 113-99 victory over the Boston Celtics. But despite the recent hot streak, Los Angeles trails the Houston Rockets by 3 games for the eighth spot in the conference standings.

Quote:

"We will make the playoffs," he said. "And we will compete. And part of the reason I have that confidence is the Miami game. We had control of the game. That was no fluke. We were playing very, very well. We were reading the defense, making the extra pass.

"OK, they have two great players [LeBron James and Dwyane Wade] who scored eight straight buckets and took control of the game. But we were right there. We can do it."

Xsatyr 02-21-2013 06:39 PM

Re: Report: Kobe predicts Lakers will make playoffs

"OK, they have two great players LeBron James and Dwyane Wade who scored eight straight buckets and took control of the game. But we were right there. We can do it."

I lol'd at that whole quote.

That's what he is going to say about the playoffs.

imdaman99 02-21-2013 06:42 PM

its better than him predicting that they dont make the playoffs :lol

FKAri 02-21-2013 06:42 PM

So beating OKC didn't mean anything but barely losing to Miami did? Interesting.

DuMa 02-21-2013 06:44 PM

That Kobe Bryant only meeting did wonders for the Lakers.

DirkNowitzki41 02-21-2013 06:46 PM

only 3 games below .500. im sure they can do it

Bandito 02-21-2013 06:48 PM

I lulz at Kobe's comments. But really what do you expect him to say, we are not going to make the playoffs? That would be the birth of a riot :lol.

arifgokcen 02-21-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FKAri
So beating OKC didn't mean anything but barely losing to Miami did? Interesting.

Since Miami just recently blew out OKC and miami is the champions yes miami game is more important even though they lost

YGS 02-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
That Kobe Bryant only meeting did wonders for the Lakers.

:oldlol:

rmt 02-21-2013 06:56 PM

He can be confident all he wants, but the Lakers will need help (losing) from HOU or UTA. They are 3 losses and 4 wins behind HOU and 5 losses and 5 wins behind UTA (UTA having the tiebreak) so LAL will need to win and ALSO get losses from HOU and UTA. HOU's schedule looks pretty easy - 4 games vs PHX. They only have 25-26 games left so 4.5-5 games are not so easy to make up. It may come down to the final game of the season LAL vs HOU.

Gotterdammerung 02-21-2013 06:57 PM

Almost as reliable as the following claim:

Report: ISH predicts a thread on Lakers will be created within 24 hours.
:hammerhead:

Droid101 02-21-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmt
He can be confident all he wants, but the Lakers will need help (losing) from HOU or UTA. They are 3 losses and 4 wins behind HOU and 5 losses and 5 wins behind UTA (UTA having the tiebreak) so LAL will need to win and ALSO get losses from HOU and UTA. HOU's schedule looks pretty easy - 4 games vs PHX. They only have 25-26 games left so 4.5-5 games are not so easy to make up. It may come down to the final game of the season LAL vs HOU.

Just look at the plus minus on Utah and Golden State. One of those two will fall low enough for the Lakers to pass them up.

Doranku 02-21-2013 07:02 PM

This is nice and all, but I remember when he said something similar about winning the Dallas series in '11 after going down 3-0. Then he proceeded to let his team get absolutely embarrassed by like 40. :mad:

YGS 02-21-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
Almost as reliable as the following claim:

Report: ISH predicts a thread on Lakers will be created within 24 hours.
:hammerhead:

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Nash 02-21-2013 07:16 PM

They should fear Houston though..