Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Al Harrington (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2914)

The REAL Next KNICK 06-26-2006 09:28 PM

Al Harrington

i been reading in the knicks message boards about sign and trade for al harrington, who would they get from the knicks?

hawkfan 06-26-2006 10:49 PM

Who knows?

Maybe David Lee and Maurice Taylor to bolster front court depth.

Lee is a good reserve at 3 behind Smith, while Taylor is a good reserve at 4 (with an expirer after this season).

I don't know what else the Knicks would offer that the Hawks would accept.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-26-2006 11:03 PM

i think lee, mo taylor for harrington and a 2nd round pick?

id do lee an mo for harrington straight up

traditionone 06-29-2006 10:39 PM

Laker fan here with a possible sign and trade that could help both our teams.

Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, and Sasha Vujacic/Smush Parker for Al Harrington.

You wouldn't be taking on any bad contracts or overpaid players. Also, you get a productive center with a cheap one year contract who can compliment Shelden Williams really well. Aaron McKie is a tough, veteran guard who can mentor your young swingmen. Vujacic is an improving, young point guard who can at least be a backup for you and maybe develop into something more. Smush is another point guard who is young and had a good season, but he's a backup and probably won't be anything more than that. This also sends Harrington out west.

I'm just curious to hear what you think about this possible sign and trade.

hawkfan 06-30-2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Laker fan here with a possible sign and trade that could help both our teams.

Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, and Sasha Vujacic/Smush Parker for Al Harrington.

You wouldn't be taking on any bad contracts or overpaid players. Also, you get a productive center with a cheap one year contract who can compliment Shelden Williams really well. Aaron McKie is a tough, veteran guard who can mentor your young swingmen. Vujacic is an improving, young point guard who can at least be a backup for you and maybe develop into something more. Smush is another point guard who is young and had a good season, but he's a backup and probably won't be anything more than that. This also sends Harrington out west.

I'm just curious to hear what you think about this possible sign and trade.

Chris Mihm and a trade exception, but none of the other parts.

McKie is old and can't do much.

I don't think the Lakers trade Vujacic, who had a good season last year.

Smush Parker - not much different than Ty Lue in my book.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-01-2006 01:41 PM

Francis is better then what the lakers would give up

hawkfan 07-01-2006 07:20 PM

But he eats up salary.

The Hawks should just let Harrington go and get a point guard or big in return.

The Hawks already have Josh Smith and Josh Childress at small forward, Marvin Williams and Sheldon Williams at power forward, Zaza Pachulia at center.

The Hawks need another center and a point guard.

He's not worth more than 6 years, $42 million.

traditionone 07-01-2006 10:32 PM

Steve Francis is too pricey.

If Harrington wants 8 or 9 mil, you're probably going to get multiple players back in return. One year contracts won't hurt. You could use them in another deal later on to get more talent. That kind of flexibility could come in handy.

I'm hearing the Lakers are among the frontrunners for Al and possibly the favorite to get him.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 07-02-2006 12:20 AM

doesnt harrington demand for the ball alot?

not anymore, KOBE :no:

AIR SETH 07-02-2006 12:28 AM

Rumour has it Al Harrington is going to the Lakers by means of a Sign and Trade. The deal will see Mihm, Mckie, and Cook go to Atlanta for Al Harrington.

hawkfan 07-02-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Steve Francis is too pricey.

If Harrington wants 8 or 9 mil, you're probably going to get multiple players back in return. One year contracts won't hurt. You could use them in another deal later on to get more talent. That kind of flexibility could come in handy.

I'm hearing the Lakers are among the frontrunners for Al and possibly the favorite to get him.

Maybe a trade exception and a number one pick would be ok. Unless they can't get anyone else, Mihm would be ok (but I think there are a few better options on the free agent market for a reserve center).

The Hawks already have Smith, Childress, Jones, M. Williams, S. Williams at the forwards (plus JJ can play some small forward).

Harrington is a good player, but if he gets a long term deal that can hinder the development of other young players.

But the Hawks might want to keep him to win now. Who knows.

frankthetank966 07-02-2006 11:14 AM

I read that we might trade Harrington for Ben Wallce straight up. This was in the AJC

SecondFiddle 07-02-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankthetank966
I read that we might trade Harrington for Ben Wallce straight up. This was in the AJC

The Hawks will most likely let Harrington work without anything to show for his time in Atlanta but that 13-69 season followed by the 26-56 season. The Al Harrington era really sucked.