Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spurs will be in the finals (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291442)

Heavincent 02-22-2013 01:35 AM

Spurs will be in the finals
 
- arguably the best PG
- arguably the best big man
- best coach
- great bench
- great team D
- good shooters all over the floor
- amazing ball movement and team play

They're probably the only team I can see beating Miami.

jimmy77x 02-22-2013 01:36 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
- the best PG
- arguably the best big man
- best coach
- great bench
- great team D
- good shooters all over the floor
- amazing ball movement and team play

They're probably the only team I can see beating Miami.


fixed

imdaman99 02-22-2013 01:37 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
yeah if they can somehow avoid okc :cheers:

Celtic_Pride 02-22-2013 01:39 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
If healthy, for sure

Harden was the difference last year. He was terrific against Spurs

BlueandGold 02-22-2013 01:39 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
Was just going to post a new thread, instead I'll mention in this one that Duncan is averaging ~ 17/10/2.5 on 3 blocks a game on 29 minutes a game.. pretty amazing considering he's 37 this year.

Heavincent 02-22-2013 01:41 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
yeah if they can somehow avoid okc :cheers:


The guy who killed the Spurs in the WCF isn't there anymore.

Eric Cartman 02-22-2013 01:42 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
If i had a nickel ...............

sportsfan76 02-22-2013 01:58 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
I don't think we should crown the Spurs after they gave up a 2-0 lead in the WCF and lose 4 in a row

"The worst postseason collapse for the spurs since Tim duncan joined the team




So just chill on that Finals mess

SCdac 02-22-2013 01:58 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
What you have to factor in is minutes in the regular season vs. minutes in the playoffs. Come the playoffs, Lebron averages upward of 44-45 mpg in some series and Durant gets up to 43 mpg. Nobody on the Spurs can sustain a superstar level of play for that long. And even if it is Parker who can, teams can pack the paint a bit more in the playoffs and adjust to him, the X-factor(s) will be Duncan, Ginobili, and the inside presence of Splitter. I could see it happening, in a Pistons 03-05 kind of way, particularly because Duncan looks in his best shape in years, but it's tough to imagine any team toppling the Heat.

blacknapalm 02-22-2013 03:20 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
i thought the same thing last season. still think OKC is a bad matchup for them esp if they can force TOs and get a ton of fast break points again. i do like spurs over clips though

oh the horror 02-22-2013 03:22 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
People keep riding that wave of OKC from last season. Folks....OKC isn't the same squad without Harden. Period.

talkingconch 02-22-2013 03:48 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
cant say anything yet, said the same thing the last 2 years

All Net 02-22-2013 04:08 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oh the horror
People keep riding that wave of OKC from last season. Folks....OKC isn't the same squad without Harden. Period.

Maybe but they would still have the best two players in the series..Spurs are a great team but after the last 3 years they were great in the regular season too.

TMT 02-22-2013 04:13 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
Definitely an overreaction thread. For the Spurs to win the championship or even get to the Finals it would have to be a situation where everything is clicking and all goes right for them, sort of like the '11 Mavs.

BTW All Net, in a Spurs vs. Thunder series I'd say they'd have the best player on the floor (notice the noun in singular) but to say Russell Westbrook has been better this year is severely underrating Parker. If anything they are on the same level at this point.

All Net 02-22-2013 04:18 AM

Re: Spurs will be in the finals
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMT
Definitely an overreaction thread. For the Spurs to win the championship or even get to the Finals it would have to be a situation where everything is clicking and all goes right for them, sort of like the '11 Mavs.

BTW All Net, in a Spurs vs. Thunder series I'd say they'd have the best player on the floor (notice the noun in singular) but to say Russell Westbrook has been better this year is severely underrating Parker. If anything they are on the same level at this point.


Yeah point taken, Parker has been great this year..he's gotten better with age and as stupid as Westbrook can be at times he is still a great player when he is focused but yeah that hasn't always been the case. I think it's Thunder or Spurs in the finals this year..will be close but have to make OKC the favourites given how dominate Durant was last year and can be now but Spurs in the finals will be a surprise to nobody.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy