Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   San Antonio Spurs are the 2013 NBA Champions GUARANTEED (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291575)

gengiskhan 02-23-2013 07:29 PM

San Antonio Spurs are the 2013 NBA Champions GUARANTEED

I'm making a really BOLD prediction here.

My reasons:

-SAS is really well oiled machine from front office to the coaching staff to the Starting five.

2013 NBA MVP will be given to LBJ despite SAS having the best record. As Parker will be runner up, SAS will be motivated big time to go after FMVP as Duncan is on his last leg. Sorta like, "Lets equal LAL's 5 rings in modern times by winning our 5th ring."

SAS road is less challenging as it'll give them plenty of rest. LAL are out of the way & weak this yr. LAC will be manhandled come post-season. OKC are the only challenge but Westbrook & Harden-less OKC will make sure SAS close them out in 6. GSW will be avoided as they may lock in 3rd seat.

MIA vs SAS in NBA Finals.

I also GUARANTEE SAS will close out MIA 4-2 if not 4-3 as they will have "home court" throughout.

Why such statements.

I just feel MIA are goofing around too much. LBJ & wade are having unbelievably easy time beating teams in the East. too much "smiling", "giggling" not good as MIA wont be enough battle tested like last year. IND, only team that will give them trouble. CHI is still weak without Rose. NYK will win 1 game at most.

SAS will expose MIA in NBA finals as Parker will win FMVP & LBJ season MVP.

blablabla 02-23-2013 07:32 PM

Re: San Antonio Spurs are the 2013 NBA Champions GUARANTEED

cool cool cool

alleykat 02-23-2013 07:33 PM

hey bruh keep a consistent font, bolding doesn't help anything. It's almost a tl:dr post when you do that.

as for the original op post - maybe.....

STATUTORY 02-23-2013 07:39 PM

I like how the OP makes a bold prediction in bold print. very clever

SpecialQue 02-23-2013 07:50 PM

No one gives a shit about your lame predictions.

LilEddyCurry 02-23-2013 07:52 PM

Miami has a better record against the west than the east.

NumberSix 02-23-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
No one gives a shit about your lame predictions.

:applause:

SCdac 02-23-2013 07:58 PM

Spurs gonna **** shit up genghis khan style

If they won another championship I would literally run through the streets screaming with joy (standard procedure)

Sheed 02-23-2013 08:47 PM

My bold predictions:
- Parker tears his ACL, out for season
- Ginobili's balding gets out of control, suffers mid-life crisis
- Duncan retires before playoffs, spends more time managing his custom car shop
- Popovich's head explodes

schism206 02-23-2013 09:13 PM

It's the same thing every year, they look like the team to beat in the regular season, grab the best or 2nd best record, then get tossed by a younger more athletic team.

willds09 02-23-2013 09:17 PM

Naw, tha new York knicks, and melo will win his first finals MVP:applause:

Blingster 02-23-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schism206
It's the same thing every year, they look like the team to beat in the regular season, grab the best or 2nd best record, then get tossed by a younger more athletic team.

Unfortunately, I agree. Last year was a prime example. Memphis outlasted an aging team. As much as I would like to see the West win this year, I don't think the Spurs will be the team to make there. I also hope that OKC doesn't make it to the Finals again (if Miami makes it) the Thunder just can't beat Miami.. Lebron got into Durants head..

Euroleague 02-23-2013 09:18 PM

Well, they have better depth now. Really though, Duncan is old, Manu is washed up and other than Parker, no one is that great of a player. Even Parker is just a scorer and can't involve anyone but himself.

They would have to play good defense at some point to win a title. The Spurs can't play defense anymore. I don't see them beating a team like the Heat, if they got that far.

b1imtf 02-23-2013 09:20 PM

Re: San Antonio Spurs are the 2013 NBA Champions GUARANTEED"

"Guaranteed" "Bold prediction"

rmt 02-24-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
Well, they have better depth now. Really though, Duncan is old, Manu is washed up and other than Parker, no one is that great of a player. Even Parker is just a scorer and can't involve anyone but himself.

They would have to play good defense at some point to win a title. The Spurs can't play defense anymore. I don't see them beating a team like the Heat, if they got that far.

Spurs are 3rd in Defensive Rating and 4th in Defensive Efficiency. Duncan is #5 in defensive rebounds/game and #3 in blocks/game (2.7 blks in 29.4 mins). Now your last statement I agree with.