Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Start Voting Now: Will D12 Still Be a Laker Next Season? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291839)

Scholar 02-26-2013 03:59 PM

Start Voting Now: Will D12 Still Be a Laker Next Season?

Here's the poll to cast your votes:

Click me!

I'll try to bump this by the beginning of next season to see how many ISHiots got it right.

cotdt 02-26-2013 04:02 PM

Re: Start Voting Now: Will D12 Still Be a Laker Next Season?

Yes he will, but I'm indifferent about it, because Dwight is simply not that good. At best he will equal what Pau Gasol was in his prime, with better defense but a weaker offensive game.

The fact that Dwight bought a mansion in LA and talks about needing 3-4 years to build a championship team in LA, you already know he intends to stay. He doesn't comment about it because he wants to keep his options open.

RoundMoundOfReb 02-26-2013 04:03 PM

Yes he will.

Levity 02-26-2013 04:05 PM

yep

Is He Ill 02-26-2013 04:05 PM

Yes, where else is he going to go? I don't know whether or not it's a good thing for the Lakers. I just can't see him going to Houston or Atlanta.

cotdt 02-26-2013 04:09 PM

If he goes to Houston, I'm not sure that the Rockets would improve.

Gotterdammerung 02-26-2013 04:11 PM

My father thinks Howard is a lazy player and the Lakers should get rid of him. :oldlol:

I explained to him the quandary the Lakers found themselves in, that they traded Bynum for him and plan to build around him once Kobe retires, but he cares not. :hammerhead:

I think the lakers will re-sign him and trade Pau for some stretch 4. Best scenario is Josh Smith. Worst scenario? A guard who can neither defend nor rebound. :D

RoundMoundOfReb 02-26-2013 04:11 PM

OT but how funny does this pic look now?

AirTupac 02-26-2013 04:12 PM

It's pretty obvious he's staying. He needs the off season to rest and get stronger. He will be a better player next season guaranteed with his conditioning back to normal and his back healthier. The impact he makes this season when he's feeling good is tremendous; at the same time, when he's not feeling it a certain night, the entire team suffers because he's such a huge player for us. As you saw against Boston / Portland, he was much more fluid in his movement, this is what was expected of Dwight every game this season but as we all know, he rushed back into the season and he hasn't been close to 100% yet and thus why the Lakers have been scrubs most of the season.

Gasol is most likely going to be moved this season seeing as he's a huge expiring contract and the luxury tax will be huge if he stays with us. Won't be surprised if he's traded and then Artest is amnestied in the off season.

r15mohd 02-26-2013 04:47 PM

Is Dallas still an option...they have the cash to sign a couple good pieces to surround Dwight with, much better than I think LAL can do really.

Think Cuban can pull it off?

Derka 02-26-2013 05:02 PM

Yes. There's literally nowhere else to go and he's with a franchise that can and will spend out the ass to surround him with title pieces.

Another free agent superstar isn't happening though...the Super Team era dies with the Knicks and Heat.

tikay0 02-26-2013 05:03 PM

Yes. He'll be 100% by next year, and he'll be out to prove the critics wrong. Plus, the Lakers ORG. will surely send him any amount of beautiful women that Dwight wants at his beckoning call.

Harison 02-26-2013 05:08 PM

Yes.

flipogb 02-26-2013 05:20 PM

I think so, but im looking forward to getting rid of Pau Gasol more

gengiskhan 02-26-2013 05:21 PM

NO

D-12 looks more & more like a ROCKET now. Kobe in desperation to make it to post-season has become a 30 PPG scorer & primary option. D-12 is degraded to 2nd option.

D-12 will walk on Hakeem's advice & become a ROCKET as it is clear now, whichever team will get D-12 in West Conf will make it to NBA Finals couple of years in a row over OKC.

OKC are showing inside weakness. SAS like LAL are getting old & this is their LAST DANCE. MAVS are just lost since they let DPOY Chandler & Kidd walk away.

ROCKETS are future MULTIPLE NBA FINALIST in the making that will give MIA a tough competition with peak prime D-12.