Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lebron Matchup's (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291851)

Pointguard 02-26-2013 06:02 PM

Lebron Matchup's

Lebron is at a very unique position in the history of the game.

He can go to every position and outplay a great majority of every position player at their position. 100% of the wing players - that's his natural position. Maybe 98% of PG's. PF's and Centers? I don't know.

Who gives him the most problems at their position? What position he has the most problems with? Who makes up the mysterious 2% or whatever it might be.

Mr. Jabbar 02-26-2013 06:27 PM

Re: Lebron Matchup's

RoundMoundOfReb 02-26-2013 06:37 PM

Playing Lebron at PG might not maximize his abilities but even 90% Lebron is better than Chris Paul. Same with PF.

Segatti 02-26-2013 06:40 PM

He could be the best in all five positions IMO

Jameerthefear 02-26-2013 07:03 PM

Lebron can't play center or guard them either. I hate this myth Lebron stans have put out. The most he can do to guard a center is to deny the ball.

kNicKz 02-26-2013 07:16 PM

fort knox :roll:

TheMarkMadsen 02-26-2013 07:20 PM

If Lebron wanted to he could dominate all 5 positions, easily. 70% of Lebron playing Center >>>> the likes Marc Gasol, Gasol can't even do cool acrobatics like Lebron. Lebron could play Pf and average 30 & 14 a game easily. He shys away from grabbing to many boards so that he doesn't upset his pat staddigng teammates in Bosh & Wade. But he easily could have if he wanted to.

In 2011 he fooled his team by allowing them to think that Jason Kidd, Marion and Terry could get the best of him, this was Lebron's way of showing his team that they can't win if he doesn't want them to win, and I believe this was in response to Wade selfishly trying to out perform Lebron in that series.

Really though Lebron can guard 1-3 very well and can play in the post for a possession or two against average bigman and have success.

But he ain't guarding the Dirks, Duncan's, Bynums on a regular basis and having success.

Bandito 02-26-2013 07:26 PM

Didn't I say LeStans are as annoying and unknowledgeable about basketball as Kobe fans? Did I call it or did I call it?

scm5 02-26-2013 07:31 PM

Lebron can play 1-4 as well as anyone in the NBA.... but 5?!

That is a huge stretch, and the only reason why it's even being entertained is because we're currently in an era where the Center position is by far, the weakest position in the league. It's even being predicted that the Center position might be replaced by just running another forward.

Pointguard 02-26-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandito
Didn't I say LeStans are as annoying and unknowledgeable about basketball as Kobe fans? Did I call it or did I call it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Lebron can't play center or guard them either. I hate this myth Lebron stans have put out. The most he can do to guard a center is to deny the ball.

Come on guys Segatti understood the question.
RoundmoundOfRebound understood the question.

I Said OUTPLAY. Jameer, the center on your team, would absolutely get destroyed by Lebron. It would be a joke of monumental proportions. He might have trouble guarding Vucevic but Vucevic has no chance of outplaying him. Now your old center he could be one of the nine if he was healthy.

Bandito, don't try to call people unknowledgable (that's an oxymoron) when you have reading issues. And obviously, vocabulary issues.

tmacattack33 02-26-2013 07:50 PM

First of all, Lebron could officially play at center, and then proceed to do whatever the F he wanted to on offense...there is no rule that says a center can't work out on the perimeter.

So, to make this conversation meaninfgul, let's assume when we put Lebron at a certain position, we are going to force him to play like what is expected of that position.

And if we do that, Lebron would be:

PG: Number one or second best behind CP3

SG: Number one

SF: Number one

PF: Behind Aldridge and Kevin Love

C: Behind M. Gasol, Tim Duncan, Garnett, and a healthy Bynum and healthy Dwight

Pointguard 02-26-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scm5
Lebron can play 1-4 as well as anyone in the NBA.... but 5?!

That is a huge stretch, and the only reason why it's even being entertained is because we're currently in an era where the Center position is by far, the weakest position in the league. It's even being predicted that the Center position might be replaced by just running another forward.

Yeah that's part of the equation. He can easily outplay guys that don't have any strong suites. If the center has no post game there is no way to offset Lebron's speed and quickness on the other end. The player who out plays him has to have some offensive game cause Lebron's going to be a handfull at the other end. Younger Duncan would just go to the post all day. He would play off of Lebron on the other end but Lebron is hitting his jumpers as of late.

Pointguard 02-26-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33
First of all, Lebron could officially play at center, and then proceed to do whatever the F he wanted to on offense...there is no rule that says a center can't work out on the perimeter.

So, to make this conversation meaninfgul, let's assume when we put Lebron at a certain position, we are going to force him to play like what is expected of that position.

Yes, thanks tmacattack33 that's what "outplay them at their position means."

Good list.

I had Aldridge because he's more versatile than people give him credit for. He can run too. If Lebron gets on his horse it's really going to eliminate centers from the discussion. So if the current team has fast guards just put that into the equation.

TheMarkMadsen 02-26-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33

So Lebron would be a top 3 PF & a top 5 center?

:roll:

You really think he's going to protect the paint on defense??

Money 23 02-26-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandito

Yes.

Everyone remembers 84 year old, 6'2 ... white ass, non-athletic Jason Kidd locking dude up in the NBA Finals.

Or Shawn Marion putting him in the spin cycle, dropping a floater and then calling him a BITCH on national television, with no vengeance response.

:facepalm