Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Iverson in the record books............. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2919)

TheReturnofCed 06-26-2006 10:23 PM

Iverson in the record books.............

By the end of this season Iverson should be about 23rd alltime on the Total points list, and about 18th on the alltime total steals list.

Pretty amazing for the little guy that could.

It's ging to be sad to see him decline.

I doubt he ever drops below Elgin Baylor for ppg average, but he wo't beat out Jordan and Chamberlain.

TheReturnofCed 06-27-2006 01:11 AM

So nobody finds this very interesting, esp. seeing Iverson is only going into his 11th season?

I think the guy will stick around until he completley breaks down. HE should b around for 16-17 seasons IMO. He will still have heaps of skills that a team can use.

hateraid 06-27-2006 01:30 AM

See where your going with this, but it would make more of an impact once it's all said and done. It does put in perspective how much work it is to be able to accomplish those feats. I bet some people on this board are thinking "only 23rd?' not realizing what company AI has.

Y2Gezee 06-27-2006 01:31 AM

I think Iverson has 3 more years of around this calibre (maybe had his best year last year). He may not score as much, but he'll still be superstar levels for 3-4 more years. When his contract is up he'll still be able to help out a team.

shadow 06-27-2006 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think Iverson has 3 more years of around this calibre (maybe had his best year last year). He may not score as much, but he'll still be superstar levels for 3-4 more years. When his contract is up he'll still be able to help out a team.

Once he's done, I hope he doesn't resort to riding someone's coattails to a title. That would be just very un-AI like

Y2Gezee 06-27-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow
Once he's done, I hope he doesn't resort to riding someone's coattails to a title. That would be just very un-AI like

The way his career is going I don't think he'll have a choice but to. It doesn't seem he's going to join a contending team. He's still got 3 years on his contract. I think he'll be able to go to a team and be sorta like what GP was on the Lakers (probably a bit better). Ya know 15 -17ppg and about 5 assists. He probably can do that for a couple of years after his current contract.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that riding someone's coattails. But he' not gonna be able to lead a team to a title from the looks of things.

IGGYIVERSON 06-27-2006 07:11 AM

they say Iverson is going to "fall off" everyyear. we've been hearing it since even before his MVP season in 2001.

he had the best stats of his career this past season so im not expecting his game to drop very much.

det2orl 06-27-2006 09:29 AM

AI is absolutely amazing. For a guy his size to be completely unstoppable. IMO he's the 2nd best 6 ft or under in history (right behind Zeke)

Unregistered 06-27-2006 12:45 PM

3rd all time in PPG
3rd all time in playoff PPG

and yet he's not really considered a top 5 or top 10 player around here....

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-27-2006 03:19 PM

gg

Exactly :applause:

Should be acknowledged for his accomplishments much more than ruining the "philly franchize."

Allen Iverson.

6'0" the First pick of the 1996 draft. Reebok endorser. Known for playing through pain. The true epitome of the warrior in the NBA. An intelligent man combined with insane physical/mental toughness. A product of the great Big producing Georgetown. A friend of Shaq. What else?

Chamberlain 06-27-2006 03:25 PM

Iverson is definetlay an all time great. The reason people say he'll have a fall off year is because his style of play and because he's aging and keeps getin beat up, but he doesn't let it bother him. He just gets right back up and does the same thing every season.

The Answer 07-05-2006 12:14 AM

I really hope AI holds up for another couple of seasons

douglaspuckett12 07-05-2006 07:50 AM

It does get old hearing how he will drop off. Fact is he has lost a tremendous amount of speed, however he is still one of the quickest in the NBA. Creativity does a alot for you.

SixerFan03 07-05-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
3rd all time in PPG
3rd all time in playoff PPG

and yet he's not really considered a top 5 or top 10 player around here....

Actually he's 2nd all time in Playoff PPG behind only Jordan.