Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ex-NBA Star Parties With North Korean Leader As The Country’s People Suffer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292062)

Hotlantadude81 02-28-2013 05:59 PM

Ex-NBA Star Parties With North Korean Leader As The Country’s People Suffer

http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...n-kim-jong-un/

Quote:

“You have a friend for life,” former NBA star Dennis Rodman told Kim Jong-un, the leader of the Stalinist and reclusive North Korea, capping a strange trip that managed to completely gloss over the plight of the North Korean people.
Rodman spent the last several days in North Korea along with a crew from VICE and three members of the Harlem Globetrotters to film an episode of a forthcoming HBO series and take part in what VICE dubbed “basketball diplomacy.” While Rodman has been known for pulling crazy stunts during and after his time on the basketball court, a visit to the most reclusive country on Earth was unexpected. The trip had more than a tinge of the ludicrous from the beginning, with Rodman tweeting out his arrival to confusion from the masses:

http://news.yahoo.com/dennis-rodman-...gc_scnv=1&ll=3

kaiteng 02-28-2013 06:10 PM

Re: Ex-NBA Star Parties With North Korean Leader As The Country’s People Suffer

Quote:

Ex-NBA Star Parties With North Korean Leader As The Country’s People Suffer
That is more because people are too weak and dumb enough not to do anything for their own good.

gigantes 02-28-2013 06:17 PM

sure helps the sorting process when lunatics gather around a common magnet.

BrooklynZoo 02-28-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiteng
That is more because people are too weak and dumb enough not to do anything for their own good.

how so? i dont know a ton about whats going on there but they were jailing people who didnt mourn kim jong-il and those who faked..

MMM 02-28-2013 08:59 PM

am i supposed to believe that anyone really cares about suffering people???

gigantes 02-28-2013 09:08 PM

suffering beings must help themselves... a life lesson from the paleozoic that is sometimes good not to forget.

GreatGreg 02-28-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
am i supposed to believe that anyone really cares about suffering people???

No. What do you expect anyone to do about it?

MMM 02-28-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
suffering beings must help themselves... a life lesson from the paleozoic that is sometimes good not to forget.

Except that suffering beings that try to help them selves get labeled terrorists, war lords, etc.

MMM 02-28-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGreg
No. What do you expect anyone to do about it?

I expect people to stop lying to them selves and trying to rationalize their despicable behavior. And I say that knowing that i am part of the 99% that is the problem.

kaiteng 02-28-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
I expect people to stop lying to them selves and trying to rationalize their despicable behavior. And I say that knowing that i am part of the 99% that is the problem.

Yeah. If people accept the system, then shut up.

gigantes 02-28-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
Except that suffering beings that try to help them selves get labeled terrorists, war lords, etc.

except that 99.9% of that behavior is not really helping themselves. or you might say that it IS, except in a very unskillful, childish manner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM

beautifully said, and repped.

Myth 02-28-2013 11:33 PM

Why the vague title? Sometimes people are vague to draw people in, but Rodman's name would work better than being vague. :confusedshrug:

creepingdeath 02-28-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiteng

Oh the hubris of the Western man.

Nanners 02-28-2013 11:57 PM

I can understand Rodman doing this for attention and "relations" or whatever...

that said, no way I could look a guy in the eye and say that we are "friends for life" when I know that he runs concentration camps for the ancestors of people who opposed his grandaddy

rezznor 03-01-2013 08:30 PM