Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Discussen: North Korea in the media (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292210)

dirkdiggler41 03-02-2013 09:50 AM

Discussen: North Korea in the media

Everything I heard about North Korea is bad. I never heard one good thing about the country. When my brother told me about Dennis Rodman was going to North Korea I just laughed. North Korea would never let such a eccentric man like Dennis Rodman into the country. The man is very tall, full of tattoes and you never know what he is going to say or do. People would not believe their eyes if they saw him. Have they ever seen a white or black person?

Anyway, that is a huge step by North Korea. Somehow the media is able to turn into something negative using the title "Ex-NBA Star Parties With North Korean Leader As The Country’s People Suffer". It just makes me question the whole image North Korea got. Dont get me, wrong, I dont believe its a great place, but I just want to know the real story behind North Korea. Not some escape artist or Fox News reporter.

It just makes me wonder how media in the middle-east portraying the USA after all that they have done.

LJJ 03-02-2013 10:26 AM

Re: Discussen: North Korea in the media

These are drawings from a North Korean gulag escapee:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1624748.html

Any North Korean suspected of "disloyalty" is sent to one of these North Korean gulags and punished for three generations (meaning the complete direct family of a suspect, his children and his grandchildren). The closest historical comparison we have for these camps is Auschwitz.

We can't imagine the suffering of the North Korean populace. Entire generations have gone missing.

dirkdiggler41 03-02-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
These are drawings from a North Korean gulag escapee:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1624748.html

Any North Korean suspected of "disloyalty" is sent to one of these North Korean gulags and punished for three generations (meaning the complete direct family of a suspect, his children and his grandchildren). The closest historical comparison we have for these camps is Auschwitz.

We can't imagine the suffering of the North Korean populace. Entire generations have gone missing.

Yes. I understand that. Im not saying it is not happening.
It just seems very weird to me that you can compare it to Auschwitz and nobody is doing anything. Dont do the war=oil routine.

Its just a weird situation and makes me wonder how the rest of the world view USA. USA seems to be a open country, but poor countries that has been fighting USA must write so much sh!t about the country.
Just like I know so little about muslims. Its so easy to think of them as bad people. I dont know them, I just hear bad things. Must be bad then.

kaiteng 03-02-2013 10:44 AM

All others know is that North Korea still have plentiful of natural resource. The rest is just throwing craps at them and smashing them with a bat at the right time. Kim and other North Korean elite geezers families can only do best by playing all-out defense.

DCL 03-02-2013 10:45 AM

north korea is not a serious threat.

everything you read in the media is mostly sensationalized crap.

north korea's leader will NEVER attack the USA. but he will flex his tiny mucscles and talk crap all day long to fool his own people into thinking he's a strong leader so he'll stay in power for the rest of his life. that's the scam of our generation, and sadly, for the generation of the north korean people.

kaiteng 03-02-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
north korea is not a serious threat.

everything you read in the media is mostly sensationalized crap.

north korea's leader will NEVER attack the USA. but he will flex his tiny mucscles and talk crap all day long to fool his own people into thinking he's a strong leader so he'll stay in power for the rest of his life. that's the scam of our generation, and sadly, for the generation of the north korean people.

Yep, just like every other small-fry dictators in the history of the Earth.

DCL 03-02-2013 10:51 AM

and it's sad how all the media plays up to the power of North Korea. we should really just be treating them as a joke, not as a major military opponent like the soviets were during the cold war (the soviet power were real as sh!t; they HAD the crazy advanced weapons), but the media is always sensationalizing crap. and it's funny, in the past, the american media always played down the soviet power to not scare the american public. but now it's the opposite. you have this ultra weak ass north korea, and the media is always painting them as some sort of relevant threat to us. LOL

fact: north korea is at least 50 years behind the modern world in space technology. sending a rocket to space was US or Soviet news in the 1960s. north korea also trails in weapons by a ratio of like 1000:1. they are not a threat. they are weak asses. the same with iran. iran is a weak ass. those fools have to photoshop their make-believe weapons or jets.

but you know who's all powerful and shit and can cause major destruction? israel. (don't ban me, jeff but you know what's up. lol) but israel is on the US side, so it don't matter.

israel also loves to play it down like they are the oppressed even though they are the strongest and hardest muthafuggas in that region.the ones with real powerful weapons hide them. the ones with crap pretend they're the sh!t. north korea is the latter. and the media is, as usual, a load of shit.

knickballer 03-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
and it's sad how all the media plays up to the power of North Korea. we should really just be treating them as a joke, not as a major military opponent like the soviets were during the cold war (the soviet power were real as sh!t; they HAD the crazy advanced weapons), but the media is always sensationalizing crap. and it's funny, in the past, the american media always played down the soviet power to not scare the american public. but now it's the opposite. you have this ultra weak ass north korea, and the media is always painting them as some sort of relevant threat to us. LOL

fact: north korea is at least 50 years behind the modern world in space technology. sending a rocket to space was US or Soviet news in the 1960s. north korea also trails in weapons by a ratio of like 1000:1. they are not a threat. they are weak asses. the same with iran. iran is a weak ass. those fools have to photoshop their make-believe weapons or jets.

but you know who's all powerful and shit and can cause major destruction? israel. (don't ban me, jeff but you know what's up. lol) but israel is on the US side, so it don't matter.

israel also loves to play it down like they are the oppressed even though they are the strongest and hardest muthafuggas in that region.the ones with real powerful weapons hide them. the ones with crap pretend they're the sh!t. north korea is the latter. and the media is, as usual, a load of shit.

Good post and I agree with what you said.

The media is pushing for an agenda(Fear) to convince people that there are serious threats. The biggest the media pushes is terrorism which is completely an irrational fear.. More people die getting struck from lighting then from a terrorist attack but if you'll watch CNN you'll think we are on the brink of a terrorist attack at any moment. What happens next? Government infringes on personal liberty, sticks their nose into foreign soil all in the name of protecting us from freedom while pursing their own personal greed.

It's the same with NK and everyone with a pulse knows NK is no threat. The government loves NK and they pretty much created it.

LJJ 03-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
Yes. I understand that. Im not saying it is not happening.
It just seems very weird to me that you can compare it to Auschwitz and nobody is doing anything. Dont do the war=oil routine.

Nobody is doing anything about it for exactly the same reason nobody did anything about Auschwitz.

You think anyone gave a shit about Auschwitz? The Nazis were stopped because they took on opponents out of their league, not because they committed atrocities on their own population.

Liberating North Korea comes at a price no one is willing to pay, it's that simple. Not to mention China/Russia/USA still haven't learned to play nice with each other.

fiddy 03-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
Everything I heard about North Korea is bad. I never heard one good thing about the country. When my brother told me about Dennis Rodman was going to North Korea I just laughed. North Korea would never let such a eccentric man like Dennis Rodman into the country. The man is very tall, full of tattoes and you never know what he is going to say or do. People would not believe their eyes if they saw him. Have they ever seen a white or black person?

Anyway, that is a huge step by North Korea. Somehow the media is able to turn into something negative using the title "Ex-NBA Star Parties With North Korean Leader As The Country’s People Suffer". It just makes me question the whole image North Korea got. Dont get me, wrong, I dont believe its a great place, but I just want to know the real story behind North Korea. Not some escape artist or Fox News reporter.

It just makes me wonder how media in the middle-east portraying the USA after all that they have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv57s_8TB-M

There you go. A documentary by pro-russian television. Interesting to watch nonetheless

Stuckey 03-02-2013 12:51 PM

ripthekik 03-02-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuckey

imagine if rodman suddenly choked him to death there and then.
he could be a man that changed history and be forever remembered in the history books

Derka 03-02-2013 02:27 PM

It's easy to say North Korea isn't a threat while we're all safely ensconced here on our side of the Pacific. It's comical when they bluster about bringing fiery destruction down on our imperialist heads.

Such is not the reality of life when you live in South Korea, Japan or Taiwan or any number of Western allies in the region. A kingdom of unpredictable lunatics with nuclear warheads, an enormous army and no moral compass to speak is not something to just be laughed at. You have to be worried and you have to take them seriously.

kaiteng 03-02-2013 02:36 PM

kaiteng 03-02-2013 02:37 PM