Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Toronto is now North America's 4th largest city. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292604)

maybeshewill13 03-06-2013 06:09 AM

Toronto is now North America's 4th largest city.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../20631541.html

MMM 03-06-2013 07:03 AM

Re: Toronto is now North America's 4th largest city.

the growth in the city is ridiculous but what is more ridiculous how long it takes for anything to be implemented in terms of public transit or revitalizing the water front. The cities infrastructure is not going to be able to hold up if they don't start moving now, especially with all the condos that are popping up all over the place.

n00bie 03-06-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
the growth in the city is ridiculous but what is more ridiculous how long it takes for anything to be implemented in terms of public transit or revitalizing the water front. The cities infrastructure is not going to be able to hold up if they don't start moving now, especially with all the condos that are popping up all over the place.

Our subways are ridiculous. I don't see how they can't expand it. How is it possible that we only have 2 lines?!?! :roll:

n00bie 03-06-2013 07:56 AM

BRabbiT 03-06-2013 08:03 AM

^^^ :roll:

that's so inadequate:wtf:

n00bie 03-06-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRabbiT
^^^ :roll:

that's so inadequate:wtf:

Our transit system is a JOKE. That why we have one of the worst traffic in all of north america.

kwajo 03-06-2013 09:35 AM

At least it's simple? ;)

Zan Tabak 03-06-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00bie
Our subways are ridiculous. I don't see how they can't expand it. How is it possible that we only have 2 lines?!?! :roll:

They should run it out to Mississauga. The commute from Sauga to Toronto is ridiculous.

BRabbiT 03-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00bie
Our transit system is a JOKE. That why we have one of the worst traffic in all of north america.

it's still an amazing city. there's a lot of great things about living here.

rufuspaul 03-06-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
At least it's simple? ;)

:oldlol:

DeuceWallaces 03-06-2013 12:12 PM

Wow, that metro map is sad. That's terrible for tourism and almost makes me not want to bother with a visit as it's been a decade since I've gone, and we were throwing it around after the new NHL divisions were announced last week.

It's so nice as a tourist in places like DC, NY, and London because you can get around easily without renting a car, riding the bus, or paying for a taxi.

kNIOKAS 03-06-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Wow, that metro map is sad. That's terrible for tourism and almost makes me not want to bother with a visit as it's been a decade since I've gone, and we were throwing it around after the new NHL divisions were announced last week.

It's so nice as a tourist in places like DC, NY, and London because you can get around easily without renting a car, riding the bus, or paying for a taxi.

Underground's fairly expensive in London...

Toronto's two lines jacked the thread :roll:

DeuceWallaces 03-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNIOKAS

I didn't find any more or less expensive than the others I listed.

BRabbiT 03-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNIOKAS

:lol

imdaman99 03-06-2013 02:42 PM

hows the weather in toronto compared to NYC? is it similar? what if I am not a hockey fan, would I be able to survive?

and i wanna see mexico city's subway system :oldlol: