Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Could Cavs Fans Reaction Make a Difference to LBJ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292638)

sixer6ad 03-06-2013 04:25 PM

Could Cavs Fans Reaction Make a Difference to LBJ?

We're one week away from his first appearance in C-Town this year. The first game in '10 was the most brutal sporting event I ever attended. It was ugly. 2nd game that year was better, but of course we won going away.

Last year softer and softer...the screams less.

Just wondering about next week's game and mostly this: With this free-agency thing looming in 14, if Cavs fans gave him a standing ovations for 2 minutes, could something like this influence him? Could he have a moment during that time when he would look around and contemplate?

Don't confuse this question with a "he's never coming back to your shi-hole city" answer. Just wondering if fan reaction could make a difference in a player's decision?

ThatsGame 03-06-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Could Cavs Fans Reaction Make a Difference to LBJ?

They aren't classy enough to do something like that.

Doranku 03-06-2013 04:31 PM

That might be the most pathetic thing I would have ever witnessed when it comes to sports.

Dude chewed your franchise up and spit you out in front of the entire nation on ESPN. And now, after burning his jerseys and booing him at every chance you get, you want these same fans to beg for him to come back during a game where he is playing against you guys.

Wow.

9erempiree 03-06-2013 04:31 PM

I'm not really sure. After watching Ronaldo's homecoming at Old Trafford, fans may have influence over players but I don't think Cav fans are as passionate as MUFC fans.

With that said and seeing how Lebron's presents himself to us, I don't think he would care.

A little emotional but he left for a reason and the debacle that came with leaving, why would he do it again?

I think he's better off staying in Miami and bringing them rings. He would be closer to last end of his prime going to Cleveland and I don't know why he would go there. Kyrie?

RedBlackAttack 03-06-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doranku
That might be the most pathetic thing I would have ever witnessed when it comes to sports.

Dude chewed your franchise up and spit you out in front of the entire nation on ESPN. And now, after burning his jerseys and booing him at every chance you get, you want these same fans to beg for him to come back during a game where he is playing against you guys.

Wow.

Absolutely pathetic. On a level never seen in sports.

I have hope that most Cleveland fans are like me and want nothing to do with the guy... But even if you want him back, this is beyond pathetic.

(will not happen, btw)

RoundMoundOfReb 03-06-2013 04:33 PM

I actually don't think he'll get booed this time. And i do think he's going back in 2014. But no he won't get cheered for...

Mr. Incredible 03-06-2013 04:35 PM

He isn't going back to Cleveland. If anything, he wants to destroy them.

RedBlackAttack 03-06-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
He isn't going back to Cleveland. If anything, he wants to destroy them.

The feeling is mutual, then.

InfiniteBaskets 03-06-2013 04:49 PM

People in sports are quick to forget. I remember in the 2010-11 season every single arena would boo LeBron every single time he touched the ball.

Now you hear people wowing over his plays and the season he's having. You have non Heat fans arguing in his favor about how he deserves MVP. With younger Cavs fans that grew up in the Kyrie era, I would think they would love for LeBron to come over.

Two years ago, fans were making satire videos of LeBron commercials. Now the majority of Cleveland fans are open to the idea of welcoming LeBron back.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ibility_1.html

LBJ 23 03-06-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The feeling is mutual, then.

I don't know about that. Your feeling is not the same as Cleveland fans as a whole.

I remember seeing Cavs fans swinging a poster with the inscription ''Lebron please come back in 2014'' or something along these lines in the last game between Miami and Cavs.

2010splash 03-06-2013 05:04 PM

It will not make a difference. Many people who continue to cling on to this fantasy that LeBron will return to Cleveland forget the vitriolic and utterly hate-filled comments Dan Gilbert made once LeBron picked Miami. Seriously, go back and read those comments. Then read it again. Never in sports history has an owner berated a player like that. That's who owns the team that LeBron supposedly may return to. Not to mention that literally a year later Gilbert still held a grudge against LeBron (posted that "no shortcuts" tweet after the Finals loss to Dallas).

This is all ignoring the obvious gap there is in talent and opportunity to win championships in Miami (dynasty in the making) vs Cleveland (perennial cellar dwellers).

RedBlackAttack 03-06-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJ 23
I don't know about that. Your feeling is not the same as Cleveland fans as a whole.

I remember seeing Cavs fans swinging a poster with the inscription ''Lebron please come back in 2014'' or something along these lines in the last game between Miami and Cavs.

Obviously no one fan speaks for an entire base. I don't think it is necessary for me to write a disclaimer making a statement as such every time I post on a topic related to Cleveland. I'd like to think that is assumed.

I can only speak for myself.

RedBlackAttack 03-06-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010splash
It will not make a difference. Many people who continue to cling on to this fantasy that LeBron will return to Cleveland forget the vitriolic and utterly hate-filled comments Dan Gilbert made once LeBron picked Miami. Seriously, go back and read those comments. Then read it again. Never in sports history has an owner berated a player like that. That's who owns the team that LeBron supposedly may return to. Not to mention that literally a year later Gilbert still held a grudge against LeBron (posted that "no shortcuts" tweet after the Finals loss to Dallas).

My fingers are crossed that this is the case.

2010splash 03-06-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
My fingers are crossed that this is the case.

:wtf:

You would rather watch a team win 20-25 games than be favorites to win the title every year? I feel sorry for you pal.

RedBlackAttack 03-06-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010splash
:wtf:

You would rather watch a team win 20-25 games than be favorites to win the title every year? I feel sorry for you pal.

I've quite enjoyed this season, actually. Lots of young talent to get excited about.

I don't need my hometown franchise to be the best in the league or have the best player to have great interest. Apparently, you do.