Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Sim City (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292715)

miller-time 03-06-2013 11:52 PM

Sim City

Anyone got it yet? I want to get it but I've heard they are having plenty of server problems and there is no offline mode.

Qwyjibo 03-07-2013 12:37 AM

Re: Sim City

I'd love to play it but I won't pay money for a game that forces me to be online to play single-player.

Shame because I loved the Sim City series up to #4. And also loved Diablo 1 and 2 when it comes to this kind of protection.

El Kabong 03-07-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd love to play it but I won't pay money for a game that forces me to be online to play single-player.

Shame because I loved the Sim City series up to #4. And also loved Diablo 1 and 2 when it comes to this kind of protection.

I don't think there's even a single player mode, I heard every game is multiplayer.

bdreason 03-07-2013 03:40 AM

I'm playing it. Don't have a problem with DRM... but I've always had a good connection, and am used to playing online games.

You can play a private region, or public region. In the private region others need a PW to join, and/or you can just play by yourself.

kaiteng 03-07-2013 08:00 PM

I'm an old SimCity fan. But after I saw this, I'm very unlikely to buy this.

kaiteng 03-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiteng

I'm an old SimCity fan. But after I saw this, I'm very unlikely to buy this.

IT. IS. EVEN. WORSE!! :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

kaiteng 03-07-2013 08:37 PM

Our favourite NFL punter has he say!

https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/st...735553/photo/1

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Qwyjibo 03-07-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Kabong
I don't think there's even a single player mode, I heard every game is multiplayer.

So there is no "sandbox" mode where you just build and do your own stuff? There is no reason why such a mode should require a constant connection.

I hope people ignoring these types of games when there are great alternatives. With Torchlight 2, I have zero desire to spend money on Diablo 3. Anno 2070 is a great alternative city-builder/sim.

kaiteng 03-14-2013 01:00 PM

This version of SimCity will continue to be a complete disaster if the game still require constant Internet connection to be playable.

SimCity 4, FTW!

CelticBaller 03-14-2013 03:35 PM

thank god

fvck ea

kaiteng 03-19-2013 05:17 PM

So EA said 1.1 million copies of SimiCity 2013 have been sold.

Well, that might include a million of dissatisfied but can't do shit customers in there too. :oldlol:

eriX 03-19-2013 09:37 PM

the game looked exciting until i know of the fact you can only build in tiny restricted area they give you... but apparently a modder has found ways to build outside of the area and play offline so thats some hope?

embersyc 03-22-2013 06:38 AM

The game is actually decent. It really only had server problems for a couple days after launch, basically like any online game. The areas are a tad small I'll admit. I would like to see bigger areas. Also if you do want to play with other people it's hard to find a public game that isn't already full or already abandoned.

EA gave people a free game to people to make up for the server issues, I took Need For Speed: Most Wanted, but some other big EA games were in the list as well.

It's definitely by far the most detailed sim city yet, and has a lot of potential down the road if they keep updating it. Mining, trading, etc adds some interesting money making options to the game as well.

jaydacris 04-23-2013 02:33 AM

game got a huuggggeeeee patch update today