Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stephen Curry Has the Second Highest 3PT% Ever (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292771)

RRR3 03-07-2013 06:35 PM

Stephen Curry Has the Second Highest 3PT% Ever

For his career so far. First is Steve Kerr.
Obviously, it could drop as his career goes on, but it's insane how great he's shooting at his volume (over 7 threes a game on 45% this year!!!). Has anyone ever shot this well this far into their career?
I really should watch the Warriors more, I have rarely seen Curry play.

Droid101 03-07-2013 06:37 PM

Re: Stephen Curry Has the Second Highest 3PT% Ever

Quick release, high release, insane accuracy. Hard to block because he gets the shot off before anyone can react.

9512 03-07-2013 06:39 PM

Curry has really blossomed this year.

I am not sure but maybe .ray Allen is pretty close Curry's 7 threes a game. Especially during his Seattle years.

9512 03-07-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid101
Quick release, high release, insane accuracy. Hard to block because he gets the shot off before anyone can react.

His mechanics are model mechanics and players who wish to have a lasting career should emulate his form. (Perfect for old man game)

He doesn't seem to have that much legs into it. At least not at regular speed.

STATUTORY 03-07-2013 06:49 PM

as long as his ankles stay in tact this kid's gonna be a menace for years

Glide2keva 03-07-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid101

Just like his dad.

tmacattack33 03-07-2013 06:57 PM

Wow

And Steve Kerr's was inflated due to the shortened three point line for a few years (which perfectly lined up with his "prime" too).

coin24 03-07-2013 07:02 PM

Insanely good shooter:bowdown:
Hopefully bogut can stay healthy for more than 2 games and gsw can be competitive in the first round..

The Genius 03-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glide2keva
Just like his dad.

I remember Dell was once referred to as the man with unlimited range. Watching him play I almost believed it. For Steph to be better is amazing.

Droid101 03-07-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Wow

And Steve Kerr's was inflated due to the shortened three point line for a few years (which perfectly lined up with his "prime" too).

Bingo.

SacJB Shady 03-07-2013 07:17 PM

Nash says the kid will break all his career records one day. Nash thinks highly of the kid. But he showboats too much for us. Sometimes he will celebrate in the middle of the game just because we took a one point lead.

tmacattack33 03-07-2013 07:18 PM

In checking stephen curry's yahoo sports page for one of the first time i see he was born in Akron?

Wow, so they have two of the best nba players in the league born in that one city. And it's not even that big of a city.

Richesly 03-07-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33
In checking stephen curry's yahoo sports page for one of the first time i see he was born in Akron?

Wow, so they have two of the best nba players in the league born in that one city. And it's not even that big of a city.

Curry isn't even top 5, wtf?

RRR3 03-07-2013 07:35 PM

Also from AKRON:

Hall of famers Gus Nate Thurmond and Gus Johnson. LeBron will obviously make the HOF, too. If Curry makes it one day, Akron will have 4 NBA HOF'ers.

tmacattack33 03-07-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richesly
Curry isn't even top 5, wtf?

He doesn't have to be.

It's still crazy.

Akron only has a population of 200,000 (New York has 8 million, LA has 4 mil, Chicago has 3 mil, etc).

Yet Akron was the birthplace of the best player in the world and the 30th best player (S. Curry...at worst) in the world. That's crazy.