Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   nba has to stop with these up and under foul calls (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292794)

Knicksfever2010 03-07-2013 10:42 PM

nba has to stop with these up and under foul calls

such a ***** move.

plowking 03-07-2013 10:56 PM

Re: nba has to stop with these up and under foul calls

Durant is a little bitch. I'm not sure he'd shoot his 50% or close to it if he got called like everyone else. I've actually had the chance to watch a lot of Thunder games this season. Him and Kevin Martin on the same team is just overload.

Biggest c*nts in the league. Some of the ugliest basketball to grace the NBA.

BrickingStar 03-07-2013 10:57 PM

RIP move is so deadly

Clifton 03-07-2013 11:03 PM

Defenders need to stop giving players that call. You don't play defense with your hands; you play defense with your feet. Their shitty technique deserves to be persecuted. I have no idea why they won't stop.

willds09 03-07-2013 11:04 PM

David sterns fault too

9erempiree 03-07-2013 11:04 PM

I thought they don't call the "rip move" anymore.

It caused Kenyon to foul out.:facepalm

INDI 03-07-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifton
Defenders need to stop giving players that call. You don't play defense with your hands; you play defense with your feet. Their shitty technique deserves to be persecuted. I have no idea why they won't stop.

Because Durant is too long and has a quick release. If people were to guard him regular he would drain mid range shots they are layups

plowking 03-07-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clifton

You're taught ball-denial position as a youngster. Keep your hand in front of the ball and make it hard for the offensive player to pass it. You can't help it if you're doing that and the offensive player just throws his whole arm at you. You could literally do that every time up the court.

Jyap9675 03-07-2013 11:09 PM

Knicks were over the foul limit, which is why Durant got to the line. I agree, I don't like the ruling too.

ErhnamDjinn 03-07-2013 11:21 PM

i agree its gay, but its a legal move the NBA should review because it ruins close games like this, damn durant your a offensive machine why do stff like this

Euroleague 03-07-2013 11:24 PM

The reffing in the NBA is such a freaking joke.

andremiller07 03-07-2013 11:28 PM

That move is even gayer than Ibaka hitting nuts

tmacattack33 03-07-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowking
You're taught ball-denial position as a youngster. Keep your hand in front of the ball and make it hard for the offensive player to pass it. You can't help it if you're doing that and the offensive player just throws his whole arm at you. You could literally do that every time up the court.

No. Proper defensive position is not a foul.

They would not call a foul if you had your hands where they should be and the offensive player swings his arm in your hand/arm.

Fudge 03-07-2013 11:41 PM

:roll:

InfiniteBaskets 03-07-2013 11:41 PM

I agree with PlowKing. When you're young in addition to moving your feet you're taught to keep your hands active. If you're forcing a player into the baseline or a specific direction, then your body is supposed to be slanted towards the offensive player with one hand closer to him - that's supposed to help you contest a shot quicker in case he pulls up.

All throughout high school and college you would NEVER get a rip through call. In fact guys play waaaay more physical at the lower levels. It even shows in international competition when team USA is reffed under FIBA rules against guys who are used to playing in the Euroleague or where have you.

It's a shame that in the US we allow all the physical play in the world up to the college level. But we start letting guys travel and draw weak fouls for the sake of artificially inflating stats of ball dominant superstars. But hey, it generates the NBA $$$ and at the end of the day it's a business.