Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What do you think happens after death? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293079)

shady6121 03-11-2013 02:55 AM

What do you think happens after death?

Do you think nothing happens and it's just an eternity of nothing? Do you think there's something after death?

MadeFromDust 03-11-2013 03:09 AM

Re: What do you think happens after death?

The judgement.

NuggetsFan 03-11-2013 03:36 AM

Nothing. You die, you're brain stops working therefore you can't think or even realize that you've been buried and placed in a coffin in the ground.

Patrick Chewing 03-11-2013 03:48 AM

Heaven or Hell

miller-time 03-11-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shady6121
Do you think nothing happens and it's just an eternity of nothing? Do you think there's something after death?

Nothing. Pretty much like existence before we were born. I don't really know why people are so worried about it to be honest.

Is He Ill 03-11-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Nothing. You die, you're brain stops working therefore you can't think or even realize that you've been buried and placed in a coffin in the ground.

I also think this. That being said, a part of me wishes for reincarnation.

-p.tiddy- 03-11-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miller-time
Nothing. Pretty much like existence before we were born. I don't really know why people are so worried about it to be honest.

You can't understand why someone would prefer to exist rather than not exist?

:/

anyway...this is what happens:

-A sense/awareness of being dead.[22][24]

-A sense of peace, well-being and painlessness. Positive emotions. A sense of removal from the world.[22][24][25]

-An out-of-body experience. A perception of one's body from an outside position. Sometimes observing doctors and nurses performing medical resuscitation efforts.[22][24][25][26]

-A "tunnel experience". A sense of moving up, or through, a passageway or staircase.[22][24][26]

-A rapid movement toward and/or sudden immersion in a powerful light. Communication with the light.[24][25]

-An intense feeling of unconditional love.[25]

-Encountering "Beings of Light", "Beings dressed in white", or similar. Also, the possibility of being reunited with deceased loved ones.[22][25][26]

-Receiving a life review.[22][24][25]

-Receiving a "life preview" in the cases of George Ritchie and Betty Eadie, which Ring calls an NDE "Flash Forward".[27]

-Receiving knowledge about one's life and the nature of the universe.[25]

-A decision by oneself or others to return to one's body, often accompanied by a reluctance to return.[22][25][26]

-Approaching a border.[24]

-The notice of unpleasant sound or noise (claimed by R. Moody).[9]

-Connection to the cultural beliefs held by the individual, which seem to dictate the phenomena experienced in the NDE and the later interpretation thereof (Holden, Janice Miner. Handbook of Near-Death Experiences. Library of Congress Cataloging in Publishing Data, 2009.).

-Hearing music. According to a study conducted by Dr. Joel Funk, Psychology professor at Plymouth State College in New Hampshire, close to fifty percent of people who have had a NDE remember hearing music.[28]

-Telepathic conversations with beings of light or angels, deceased relatives and pets, or religious figures such as Jesus Christ for example in pleasant near death experiences (NDE's), or with demons or fallen angels in distressing Nde's.[29]

-p.tiddy- 03-11-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Is He Ill
I also think this. That being said, a part of me wishes for reincarnation.

over not existing at all?

obviously lol

I would choose a tortured life over never existing again...even tortured people have moments of happiness

If you are someone that is okay with never existing again, as though this life right now on Earth is all you have and all you will ever know...and when it's over that's -it-...then I can only imagine that you are a very depressed person...because if life makes you happy then you would never want it to cease.

Faptastrophe 03-11-2013 02:05 PM

Life & consciousness are essentially defined by brain activity. If you have no brain activity, you're dead. After that, it's decomposition.

SilkkTheShocker 03-11-2013 02:07 PM

You go to Heaven or Hell. Any other answer is wrong.

-p.tiddy- 03-11-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Life & consciousness are essentially defined by brain activity. If you have no brain activity, you're dead. After that, it's decomposition.

NDEs have been proven to happen without brain waves

you're consciousness is NOT connected to your physical body

Science can't explain why we are conscious

The Macho Man 03-11-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
over not existing at all?

obviously lol

I would choose a tortured life over never existing again...even tortured people have moments of happiness

If you are someone that is okay with never existing again, as though this life right now on Earth is all you have and all you will ever know...and when it's over that's -it-...then I can only imagine that you are a very depressed person...because if life makes you happy then you would never want it to cease.

It's not really about what people want, it's what they think happens. Sure reincarnation would be cool but I don't think it happens. I think it's nothing, and that's fine. I've not existed before, it was okay.

Budadiiii 03-11-2013 02:12 PM

The brain goes, we go.

Just like it was before you were born. Do you remember anything before you were born? Exactly. Just like that. For eternity.

Better than burning in hell for eternity, I'll tell you that.

I definitely want to live forever, but I know that's just my human instincts, I'm content with death. We actually got really lucky being born human, it's a fun ass ride.

-p.tiddy- 03-11-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man
It's not really about what people want, it's what they think happens. Sure reincarnation would be cool but I don't think it happens. I think it's nothing, and that's fine. I've not existed before, it was okay.

I believe you have always existed...

Faptastrophe 03-11-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
NDEs have been proven to happen without brain waves

you're consciousness is NOT connected to your physical body

Science can't explain why we are conscious

When you go to sleep each night, there are large portions of time during which you are not dreaming; therefore, essentially you are as unconscious of your existence as if you were dead. I anticipate that death will be exactly like that.