Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rudy Gay in Charlotte? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2937)

dwillreg 06-27-2006 02:14 AM

Rudy Gay in Charlotte?

I think Gay is the best player in the draft I just don't know if we need him. I think Roy is the better fit at 2 guard but I think Gay is the best player. On draft day I don't really care if I hear Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay's name called third overall I just don't want to hear Tyrus Thomas or LaMarcus Aldridge or JJ Redick's name called.

Timmeh 06-27-2006 11:00 AM

I don't think Charlotte will go Gay, it will probably be Roy or Morrison more than likely

dwillreg 06-27-2006 11:55 AM

Gay was the only player at the Bobcat's final workout though.

traditionone 06-27-2006 08:40 PM

It appears Rudy Gay is their top choice. Michael Jordan probably likes him a lot and that is important.

It's also strange to read that Toronto may be considering Rudy Gay. Do they know Charlotte wants him and floated this rumor to entice Charlotte to trade the 3rd pick and BK for their number 1?

dwillreg 06-27-2006 11:37 PM

I think Rudy Gay would be a great pick, but is not worth trading up for. I would also like Randy Foye on the Bobcats. He could be an absolute stud and get him in the gym and have him work on his already good 3 ball he would be a nice player.

Timmeh 06-27-2006 11:48 PM

right now I wouldn't mind getting Roy, Foye, Gay or Morrison, all have great potential

dwillreg 06-28-2006 12:56 AM

Those have to be the 4 they are considering now.

gibbo3000 06-28-2006 06:05 AM

i thinkn that they should go for morrison, because gay probably isnt going to be good straight away, he would be a develpoment prospect, but the bobcats are a new team and they need someone who can score desperatly.
If they were to get morrison i think he would go straght in and score 20+ points a game on charlottes roster, because they have no other scorers. I hink that if they get morrison then they will be in the playoffs next season.

Timmeh 06-28-2006 11:47 AM

no matter who we get in the draft (unless by some form of a miracle we get peja or big ben) we wont make the playoffs next year, but we'll do better than this year and we'll keep getting better and our playoff chances will grow in the coming years

dwillreg 06-28-2006 12:03 PM

As long as we don't waste our pick on Tyrus Thomas or LaMarcus Aldridge we'll be ok.

sardis 06-28-2006 03:17 PM

Bobcats need to swallow their pride and pick Roy.

dwillreg 06-28-2006 04:04 PM

Why would they have to swallow their pride to pick Roy? Because he missed that last workout? I don't think that is that big of a deal, the Bobcats interviewed Roy and are on good terms with him now.