Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How good will Paul George be? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294242)

Shade8780 03-24-2013 10:21 AM

How good will Paul George be?

We've all heard the T-Mac comparison but imo, that isn't accurate. What do you think his potential is?

InspiredLebowski 03-24-2013 10:22 AM

Re: How good will Paul George be?

Best athlete in the history of athletes.

#number6ix# 03-24-2013 10:29 AM

The sky's the limit if he keeps up the work ethic improves or add something new to his game every year. I mean he's a 6'8 sg who can defend and shoot and handle the rock and get to the basket if he adds a effective post game it's a wrap for the league... Ima huge fan of this guy

JellyBean 03-24-2013 10:31 AM

He could be really good. He reminds me of a taller verion of the late great Dennis Johnson with so much upside to his game. He can score and defend. He is pretty consistent. The sky is the limit for this kid.

All Net 03-24-2013 10:48 AM

James Harden good...

La Frescobaldi 03-24-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #number6ix#
The sky's the limit if he keeps up the work ethic improves or add something new to his game every year. I mean he's a 6'8 sg who can defend and shoot and handle the rock and get to the basket if he adds a effective post game it's a wrap for the league... Ima huge fan of this guy

Exactly.

17, 8 & 4

Looks like a young quarterhorse before the muscles show, can run the court with the NBA, plays strong defense.

Already an All-Star (although that's yet another achievement that David Stern has made worthless he's a total schlep kleyntshik schlong schlemiel )

George's weaknesses are
* turn-overs at times you wish he wouldn't.. which makes me wonder if he gets nervous
* lack of power in the paint... he needs to take lessons from Hansbrough in controlled violence.
* more core strength - this will come naturally as he grows up but he needs to work hard on ab & thigh. For that he should be talking to Sir Charles Barkley
* and this may actually be a strength I can't tell for sure but P George has a child-like style that is literally joyous like a Louis Armstrong solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3k-S_pqK4 ... danger is, that kind of emotional player can also plunge into despair - see Alexey Shved lately (and I REALLY hope Alexey comes to terms with that, he's got potential like.... well, llike a Paul George)

Already one of the best players in the league upside is only fantastic!!

longhornfan1234 03-24-2013 10:58 AM

Better than Wade.

Dro 03-24-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
Exactly.

17, 8 & 4

Looks like a young quarterhorse before the muscles show, can run the court with the NBA, plays strong defense.

Already an All-Star (although that's yet another achievement that David Stern has made worthless he's a total schlep kleyntshik schlong schlemiel )

George's weaknesses are
* turn-overs at times you wish he wouldn't.. which makes me wonder if he gets nervous
* lack of power in the paint... he needs to take lessons from Hansbrough in controlled violence.
* more core strength - this will come naturally as he grows up but he needs to work hard on ab & thigh. For that he should be talking to Sir Charles Barkley
* and this may actually be a strength I can't tell for sure but P George has a child-like style that is literally joyous like a Louis Armstrong solo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3k-S_pqK4 ... danger is, that kind of emotional player can also plunge into despair - see Alexey Shved lately (and I REALLY hope Alexey comes to terms with that, he's got potential like.... well, llike a Paul George)

Already one of the best players in the league upside is only fantastic!!

This is pretty accurate..I would almost think you're a Pacer fan :D

He does turn the ball over too much, makes lazy passes sometimes, and doesn't always finish strong at the rim, although he has had 2 facials in the last few games....One on Tyler Zoeller and one on Larry Sanders...He's also not the best clutch player which I think he will get better at with age...

JerryWest 03-24-2013 11:04 AM

He needs a wet j, better ball protection and needs to finish in the paint stronger.

Dro 03-24-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryWest
He needs a wet j, better ball protection and needs to finish in the paint stronger.

His J is pretty wet as it is...Can be better but his J is almost money....I agree with the other 2 points....He really irks me not finishing strong in the paint because he has shown the ability to. Its just the way he gathers his steps, he takes long strides on the way to the basket, eurosteps, etc, and I think it affects his explosion...when he can get it, take 1 dribble and go up, then he can dunk on people like he did on Larry Sanders the other day...

JerryWest 03-24-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dro
His J is pretty wet as it is...Can be better but his J is almost money....I agree with the other 2 points....He really irks me not finishing strong in the paint because he has shown the ability to. Its just the way he gathers his steps, he takes long strides on the way to the basket, eurosteps, etc, and I think it affects his explosion...when he can get it, take 1 dribble and go up, then he can dunk on people like he did on Larry Sanders the other day...

He barely takes mid j's, but he can get hot from the 3. I mean a really wet jumper, Tmac level jumper. Yup, he needs to learn from Lebron how to finish in the paint :cheers: He'll be unstopable if he can improve he's ballhandling and finishing ability.

Dro 03-24-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryWest
He barely takes mid j's, but he can get hot from the 3. I mean a really wet jumper, Tmac level jumper. Yup, he needs to learn from Lebron how to finish in the paint :cheers: He'll be unstopable if he can improve he's ballhandling and finishing ability.

Yes, I agree..his J is not T-mac level yet....His ball handling has really improved since he was a rookie but he's still too lax with it sometimes and throws careless no-look/slick passes that miss the mark sometimes...

Rubio2Gasol 03-24-2013 11:17 AM

I don't think there's a legit comparison....perhaps he has the ceiling of a Pippen but it depends on so much. Based on athleticism and yearly progress he might be able to crack the top 10 someday.

La Frescobaldi 03-24-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dro

That is exactly what I mean right there. His abs and thighs need work. There's leaping ability that's one thing - but that explosiveness with POWER to just shove over guys... that comes only with developed strength. He's got a lot of correct work to do in the weight room. The real dividends will show in the fact, over games, he'll be able to finish stronger, and tire less down the stretch.

Bandito 03-24-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dro

He's trying to protect his body like Kobe after 2002.