Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The FGCU Bandwagon Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294291)

Tarik One 03-24-2013 10:15 PM

The FGCU Bandwagon Thread

I'm loving this team. Never been a fan of inferior teams making it too far in the tournament, except for maybe VCU and Davidson in recent years, but I am certainly pulling for this squad. They are fun to watch too.

InspiredLebowski 03-25-2013 12:27 AM

Re: The FGCU Bandwagon Thread

All aboard. I'll admit it, all the white guys dunking is awesome.

qrich 03-25-2013 01:49 AM

Pacific was supposed to be doing this....

Oh well, glad they are heading off to the WAC conference to play the amazing Grand Canyon University Antelopes

InspiredLebowski 03-25-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Pacific was supposed to be doing this....

Oh well, glad they are heading off to the WAC conference to play the amazing Grand Canyon University Antelopes

Grand Canyon just named Dan Majerle head coach! They're also a for profit school with D1 athletics, which just seems shady as hell.

qrich 03-25-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Grand Canyon just named Dan Majerle head coach! They're also a for profit school with D1 athletics, which just seems shady as hell.

Its right down the street from me, about 5 minutes driving (10 with traffic) so I'll catch some games if any Pac-12 sides or any major schools go, so that is a plus.

I just don't understand how a team that was in the middle of the pack in D-II thinks they can move up to D-I so easily. They attempted to get into the Big West since we need a new member with Pacific leaving, and the Big West said a resounding no by the remaining nine members, but the WAC got desperate. I mean, WAC should be inferior to the Big West next year. GCU & Cal Bakersfield :oldlol:

InspiredLebowski 03-25-2013 02:15 AM

Man, I hadn't paid attention the WAC in a long time, didn't realize it'd gotten so shitty. I remember when it was a pretty solid 2nd tier conference. Then like half the league said **** off and made the Mountain West.

qrich 03-25-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Man, I hadn't paid attention the WAC in a long time, didn't realize it'd gotten so shitty. I remember when it was a pretty solid 2nd tier conference. Then like half the league said **** off and made the Mountain West.

At least they are finally living up to the WAC name.

But back on thread, go FGCU!!

kNicKz 03-25-2013 07:24 AM

Got on after the Georgetown game, this team is awesome :rockon: