Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who is the worst match-up for the Heat in the Finals? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294293)

LoneyROY7 03-25-2013 12:40 AM

Who is the worst match-up for the Heat in the Finals?

Ol' faithful San Antonio? The Beard-less Thunder? The Grit-n-grind Grizzlies? Or maybe the Lob Angeles Clippers?

Who ya got?

9erempiree 03-25-2013 12:41 AM

Re: Who is the worst match-up for Heat in the Finals?

We will have to wait and see if Lebron can win without Wade just like people were saying Kobe can't win without Shaq.

DMAVS41 03-25-2013 12:42 AM

Re: Who is the worst match-up for the Heat in the Finals?

Spurs
Grizzlies
Lakers
Thunder

LoneyROY7 03-25-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9erempiree
We will have to wait and see if Lebron can win without Wade just like people were saying Kobe can't win without Shaq.

:coleman:

Heavincent 03-25-2013 12:42 AM

1. Spurs
2. Grizzlies
3. Clippers
4. Thunder

9erempiree 03-25-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
:coleman:

Since mods like to delete my thread, which I am pretty sure I know which mod did it, I will be using people's threads to continue on with my deleted ones.

The mods are indirectly destroying your threads by deleting mine.

LoneyROY7 03-25-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Since mods like to delete my thread, which I am pretty sure I know which mod did it, I will be using people's threads to continue on with my deleted ones.

The mods are indirectly destroying your threads by deleting mine.

:kobe:

9erempiree 03-25-2013 12:48 AM

We will have to wait and see if Lebron can win without Wade...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
:kobe:

Like I mentioned earlier, we will have to wait and see if Lebron can win without Wade. It use to be can Kobe win without Shaq so we will have to wait to see if he can win when Wade retires or when Lebron goes elsewhere.

tazb 03-25-2013 12:49 AM

1. Spurs
2. Memphis
3. Clippers

no one else.

SilkkTheShocker 03-25-2013 12:49 AM

either the 86 Celtics or 96 Bulls.

Everyone else is a sacrificial lamb.

andremiller07 03-25-2013 12:49 AM

Denver

They got enough bodies to throw at LBJ/Dwade in Iggy, Gallo, Chandler,Brewer and they can all make them work on the other end. Lawson and Miller are far better than Chalmers/Cole and Faried/Magee/Koufus can all get on the offensive glass.

LoneyROY7 03-25-2013 12:50 AM

Re: We will have to wait and see if Lebron can win without Wade...

Quote:

Like I mentioned earlier, we will have to wait and see if Lebron can win without Wade. It use to be can Kobe win without Shaq so we will have to wait to see if he can win when Wade retires or when Lebron goes elsewhere.

willds09 03-25-2013 12:50 AM

heat have to get there first:lol :facepalm

SilkkTheShocker 03-25-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Denver

They got enough bodies to throw at LBJ/Dwade in Iggy, Gallo, Chandler,Brewer and they can all make them work on the other end. Lawson and Miller are far better than Chalmers/Cole and Faried/Magee/Koufus can all get on the offensive glass.

Lmao

Miami would beat Denver like it was their stepchild.

RedBlackAttack 03-25-2013 12:52 AM

I'd say probably San Antonio. It is no secret that Miami's kryptonite is their front line, namely the center position. A team needs to be able to slow them down, make them play a deliberate halfcourt kind of game and work from the inside out.

That pretty much describes the way the Spurs operate and even a clearly past-his-prime Duncan would have his way offensively in the interior against the Heat.

Note, what happens in the regular season has very little to do with how a playoff series would go. I remember the year the Cavs and Spurs played in the Finals, the Cavs had done very well against SA in the regular season. We all know how that went.

I'm not saying San Antonio would beat them, but I do think they match up well against Miami. OKC is obviously the closest team in terms of talent, but then it largely comes down to whether or not Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka can outplay James/Wade/Bosh in a seven-game series. I don't like their chances.