Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Teach an old schooler about "Jorts" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294462)

Solidape 03-27-2013 01:03 AM

Teach an old schooler about "Jorts"

Alright, most of have probably seen the Blake Griffin commercial making fun of jean shorts aka jorts.

I admit I am an older dude so I might not be with the times so to speak and still keeping it real 1995 style. But I don't get the jort hating thing.

Whats so wrong with jean shorts anyways young fellas?

This is assuming the "Jorts" are not cut-off, not too short, tight or too baggy or loose, etc. No one likes dudes in cut-offs, Daisy Duke style, regardless of material of the said short shorts!

NoGunzJustSkillz 03-27-2013 01:10 AM

Re: Teach an old schooler about "Jorts"

Solidape 03-27-2013 01:43 AM

Replace Jeans with any other material it will be just the same no?

Still didn't answer my question though, but thanks!

macmac 03-27-2013 01:46 AM

Jean shorts just look like shit, care to find an instance when they don't look like crap?

NoGunzJustSkillz 03-27-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidape

Replace Jeans with any other material it will be just the same no?

Still didn't answer my question though, but thanks!

i honestly never heard the term jorts til you create this thread :lol

Solidape 03-27-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmac
Jean shorts just look like shit, care to find an instance when they don't look like crap?

Something along the likes of this perhaps?

Solidape 03-27-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man
All shorts are terrible unless you're 6 or playing basketball

I dunno man, when its 100 degree's and fricking hot outside, shorts is the way to go!

Solidape 03-27-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man
That's no time to be outside sir.

Checking out the barely dressed ladies for instance would be a good time to be outside?

See below

macmac 03-27-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidape
Something along the likes of this perhaps?

That looks terrible man. And it's zoomed in, to take away from the stupidity of a full sized shot...

You want shorts, you wear some nice light shorts or light khakis with a pair of clean polos shoes or some nice flip flops

InspiredLebowski 03-27-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

You want shorts, you need to rethink you decision

Fixed. Outside of playing ball or being at the gym there's never a reason for a grown man (read: post college) to wear shorts.

macmac 03-27-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Fixed. Outside of playing ball or being at the gym there's never a reason for a grown man (read: post college) to wear shorts.

I dunno man, when I go on vacation down south, I like having the option of wearing shorts here and there man....real light, gives your balls airflow, you can keep a money clip and your keys in the pockets, and it's light as hell and you can wear them with flip flops if you around a beach.....to me, some shorts are necessary, you just gotta find the right ones

chains5000 03-27-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Disagree. There's places too hot for anything but shorts.
Unless you like having your lower body all sweaty.

Patrick Chewing 03-27-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Ever been to Florida? Shorts is a necessity my friend and every man no matter what the age wears 'em.

InspiredLebowski 03-27-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

I dunno man, when I go on vacation down south, I like having the option of wearing shorts here and there man....real light, gives your balls airflow, you can keep a money clip and your keys in the pockets, and it's light as hell and you can wear them with flip flops if you around a beach.....to me, some shorts are necessary, you just gotta find the right ones

Beach is one thing I suppose, guess I may've overstated on the "never a reason." I'm on a cruise or a beach vacation that's fine, that's true. I was talking about general everyday life. If a guy can't handle wearing a pair of cotton slacks on a workday, where unless he works outside he's outdoors what, 15 minutes?, he needs to suck it up. Regardless of how much a guy may admire his calves in the mirror with his ankle socks while giving fist pounds, it is not a good look, be a professional. Look good, feel good. Showing off some hairy ass lower legs does not look good.

All that said, if you're married or have a long term old lady, who gives a shit. But you'll look like a dork.

InspiredLebowski 03-27-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Ever been to Florida? Shorts is a necessity my friend and every man no matter what the age wears 'em.

This is fine if you're 16. Frat bros for life.