Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Michigan Vs Syracuse (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294909)

veilside23 03-31-2013 10:03 PM

Michigan Vs Syracuse

who do you got this time ? :cheers: its all good pick em up

DMV2 03-31-2013 10:08 PM

Re: Michigan Vs Syracuse

Shade8780 04-01-2013 06:07 AM

Burke vs MCW. Imma go with Michigan.

Thorpesaurous 04-01-2013 06:14 AM

I'm a forever long Syracuse fan, but Michigan has to be the favorite. They have a good crew for playing against the zone, in shooters from three to four spots, three of which can use that threat to bounce into the seams. They also have a week to prepare for it, it's not like it's their second game in the pod. And they have a coach with Big East roots who's also a zone guy in his own right (although that didn't help Crean with Indiana for what it's worth).

But it'll be fun to watch.

Thorpesaurous 04-01-2013 06:17 AM

This is also the first 4 vs. 4 seed game in NCAA history, which struck me as odd. These are both low enough seeds to be considered borderline cinderellas, but how often does this tournament feature two 4 seeds that both spent time as the number one team in the country at some point during the year. Granted Syracuse was there for about ten minutes, but still, that seems odd.

JMT 04-01-2013 08:28 AM

I win money if Louisville beats Michigan, so you know what result I'm rooting for.

Hoping Michigan is the team that can hit jump shots and has a big to exploit the softspots in the zone. That they handle the ball well is a big plus. Their defensive liabilities aren't near as pronounced vs a team that struggles on the offensive end like Cuse.

That said, Syracuse is playing really well and scares the crap outta me.

Shade8780 04-01-2013 08:35 AM

Trey Burke will dominate. He'll put up 20 and 10.

Dolphin 04-01-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This is also the first 4 vs. 4 seed game in NCAA history, which struck me as odd. These are both low enough seeds to be considered borderline cinderellas, but how often does this tournament feature two 4 seeds that both spent time as the number one team in the country at some point during the year. Granted Syracuse was there for about ten minutes, but still, that seems odd.

Going into the tourny, Michigan was still one of maybe 6-7 teams most people thought had a legit shot of winning it all...they could be a 10 seed and still wouldn't be a Cinderella.

imdaman99 04-01-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin
Going into the tourny, Michigan was still one of maybe 6-7 teams most people thought had a legit shot of winning it all...they could be a 10 seed and still wouldn't be a Cinderella.

The fact that they ended the season 6-6 had everyone saying they will be upset early. I even felt that way at times, and that is the team I always root for since the Fab 5 days. Now that they are here, I hope they annihilate the zone, although Syracuse rode a zone to the championship in the Melo year. They don't quite have a player of his caliber this year, which has me hoping Michigan can take them out.