Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295043)

rmt 04-02-2013 02:05 PM

Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
"It was inevitable," Bryant said. "You can't expect Michael [Jordan] to play with Wilt [Chamberlain] for his entire career. That's just not going to work. I had too much talent and too much to showcase. And then there was a challenge issued by him about me not being able to win without him. That's a challenge I couldn't pass.

"But ultimately during those years I sacrificed a lot, numbers-wise, to play with him. The thing that always bothered me was people said, 'Well, Kobe's selfish.' I'm not selfish. If I was selfish, I would have left. I gave up a lot to play with him."

"I would have went some place else and won more championships," Bryant said. "That's how driven I was. I was just that obsessed about winning without him. Everything was about that. I was obsessive about it and there was nothing that was going to get in my way."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as...184336128.html

kuniva_dAMiGhTy 04-02-2013 02:07 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
:confusedshrug:

No Shaq and Kobe is just another Iverson/Carter (not that there is anything wrong with that).

The_Yearning 04-02-2013 02:10 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Where else was he going to win more championships?

MMM 04-02-2013 02:12 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
:confusedshrug:

No Shaq and Kobe is just another Iverson/Carter (not that there is anything wrong with that).


I disagree to some extent, Kobe won with freaking Gasol there are a number of other bigs between Shaq and Gasol that he could of won with. However, if Kobe started his career by him self i think there is some truth that he could of ended up as a Iverson/Carter. He would of picked up bad habits in a losing situation that would hinder his ability to win later on with talent. Is higher degree of talent is the verrible that might of been the difference in the comparison with AI/VC

funnystuff 04-02-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Where else was he going to win more championships?

In his dreams.

jamal99 04-02-2013 02:20 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Where else was he going to win more championships?

Exactly what I was thinking...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy 04-02-2013 02:20 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
I disagree to some extent, Kobe won with freaking Gasol there are a number of other bigs between Shaq and Gasol that he could of won with. However, if Kobe started his career by him self i think there is some truth that he could of ended up as a Iverson/Carter. He would of picked up bad habits in a losing situation that would hinder his ability to win later on with talent. Is higher degree of talent is the verrible that might of been the difference in the comparison with AI/VC


Yep. Especially without the tutelage of PJax, someone who reigned Kobe in.

Legends66NBA7 04-02-2013 02:24 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Where else was he going to win more championships?


San Antonio.

Sakkreth 04-02-2013 02:25 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
5 rings, carried to 3 by shaq(2 of them with major ref help), dude is retarded.

Dro 04-02-2013 02:25 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
I'm not mad at Kobe for this, in fact, I kind've agree with him. Yes, you want to win but we all know that individual accolades and stats count for a lot also. In a perfect world, you want both. He won his 3 rings, then did his own thing and built his historical status up and even won 2 more rings. Id say Kobe did it about as well as you could. I'm not a fan of how he handled the whole Shaq situation but I completely understand how he feels...You have all this immense talent yet there's always somebody over your shoulder, calling you the little brother, calling himself superman, etc..Its like b!tch, I got talent too and I need to be able to show it...No different than the average person who is very talented with say computes, or music, etc and not being able to fully let your talents be seen...It can eat you up on the inside, no matter how much "success" you may have...It depends on how that success came..Did you gain that success because you NEEDED to use every ounce of talent you had, or did you win because someone else did most of the heavy lifting, even though on the inside, you feel you could do the same if given the opportunity...People really need to think and put themselves in other's situations and honestly ask yourself, how would you feel...

ripthekik 04-02-2013 02:27 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
:confusedshrug:

No Shaq and Kobe is just another Iverson/Carter (not that there is anything wrong with that).

No Wade and Bosh and Lebron is just another T-mac.. though there's nothing wrong with that :confusedshrug:

Dro 04-02-2013 02:27 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
I disagree to some extent, Kobe won with freaking Gasol there are a number of other bigs between Shaq and Gasol that he could of won with. However, if Kobe started his career by him self i think there is some truth that he could of ended up as a Iverson/Carter. He would of picked up bad habits in a losing situation that would hinder his ability to win later on with talent. Is higher degree of talent is the verrible that might of been the difference in the comparison with AI/VC

I do agree with this though, very good point...

dh144498 04-02-2013 02:28 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakkreth
5 rings, carried to 3 by shaq(2 of them with major ref help), dude is retarded.


:biggums:

is this logic?

Real Men Wear Green 04-02-2013 02:28 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
He's fooling himself if he thinks he'd have more than 5 rings if he didn't play with Shaq, unless by "somewhere else" he means going to San Antonio with Tim Duncan.

RoundMoundOfReb 04-02-2013 02:29 PM

Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He's fooling himself if he thinks he'd have more than 5 rings if he didn't play with Shaq, unless by "somewhere else" he means going to San Antonio with Tim Duncan.

This.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy