Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How strict are the hotels in Europe? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295848)

iamgine 04-11-2013 02:09 AM

How strict are the hotels in Europe?

Thinking of going to Amsterdam and Lucerne this summer with some friends. Does anyone know how strict the hotels in Europe are regarding the number of occupants? We have four, possibly five, people and planning to book just one room designated for two people. I've had no problem sneaking people into a hotel room in the US, Asia and Australia but I've heard that European hotels are kind of strict about it.

Anyone knowledgeable about this?

HarryCallahan 04-11-2013 03:17 AM

Re: How strict are the hotels in Europe?

I've heard that some use sensors in the doorway/stairs to see how many people enter, and bill you accordingly. But that's purely speculation.

LJJ 04-11-2013 05:28 AM

Many hotels in Amsterdam cater to groups of bro's coming to the city, so a piece of shit room housing 4 people is really not going to cost that much more than a piece of shit room for 2.

Rolando 04-11-2013 06:59 AM

You guys aren't the first to try to do this. They will be ready.

Lebowsky 04-11-2013 08:02 AM

Why don't you guys just stay at a hostel if you can't afford to stay in a hotel? Most hostels in western and central Europe are good or very good.

iamgine 04-11-2013 11:34 PM

Well we're looking for good accommodation (4 stars+ hotel). Does anyone know if Europe's hotel more strict with their occupancy?

SevereUpInHere 04-11-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
Well we're looking for good accommodation (4 stars+ hotel). Does anyone know if Europe's hotel more strict with their occupancy?

Dress a few of your mates up as Eastern European hookers and just walk them in. I'm sure noone will mind.

knickballer 04-12-2013 12:00 AM

sneak them in the luggage. duh

East_Stone_Ya 04-12-2013 08:16 AM

very strict..some hotels have even special sniffing dogs to determine the amount of occupants. Revealed cheaters might even get attacked by dogs just to give a lesson that it is not OK to lie and cheat!

rufuspaul 04-12-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine

Cramming a bunch of dudes in a room kind of negates the benefits of a 4 star hotel.

Jasi 04-12-2013 09:33 AM

In a 4+ star hotel? I'd say you have more or less a 2% chance to do that unnoticed.

millwad 04-12-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Cramming a bunch of dudes in a room kind of negates the benefits of a 4 star hotel.

This, for sure.

And as some others have mentioned, hostels in Europe tend to be really good so skip that 4 star hotel..

Just2McFly 04-12-2013 10:03 AM

There is no shame in not being able to live that 4 star life. We can't all be like the ish elite