Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   East asian exchange students - your experience? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295929)

millwad 04-11-2013 09:43 PM

East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
In Sweden we have plenty of exchange students from east asia, mainly chinese and korean and I keep getting dumbfounded by how plenty of them behave.

I've been living in dorms with a shared kitchen before in Sweden and now I'm currently in one as well because me and my girlfriend are waiting to move in to our new apartment which we just bought.

Anyway, where I live now I share kitchen with 3 chinese, 2 korean and one jamaican student and the east asian students live like pigs. And it's been the same every time I've shared kitchen with east asian exchange students, they are socially retarded and they never speak with anyone who's not a fellow countrymen and they are dirty as hell. I've been doing their dishes since I got back from the US because the pigs never clean their stuff after cooking and they don't through out the garbage either.

I've been in a couple of East Asian countries before and I never experienced anything of what I'm seeing now. Is it the younger generation that is like this or what?

And yeah, CharlesOakley is a bitch.

niko 04-11-2013 09:46 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Basically you just got a bunch of slobs. It has nothing to do with anything else except that.

JEFFERSON MONEY 04-11-2013 09:53 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Can second the socially retarded aspect. It sucks because their tiger moms thought that monetary and education success was the key to fulfillment and neglected the whole friendship and relationship part of the human experience. Over and over again. ANd boy do they suffer. And do we suffer too.

Not too sure about the cleanliness appeal to it. Chinese restaurants are pretty rundown and well the air pollution sucks. I guess being super status conscious they don't divert energy to household hygiene. Or their strict parents set such high rigid cleaning standards at home that they seize any opportunity to make pigpiles.

mill check out this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=101792

PS i can say whatever the fukk i want cuz where im form its just as bad if not worse :oldlol:

millwad 04-11-2013 09:54 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Basically you just got a bunch of slobs. It has nothing to do with anything else except that.


I really want to believe that and these guys are nothing like the people I met when I was in East Asia and I always get amazed by the East Asian culture and history. I have no racist beliefs when it comes to asians or anyone else, don't get fooled by my lame punchlines about Godzuki, those were only because I wanted him to freak out.

But seriously, I've seen too many socially retarded and dirty exchange students from East Asia. I'm starting to think that these are the kids that have rich parents and who never had to work on their personalities or anything else because they were born with a silver spoon, it's mind boggling to see how these guys behave and how they interact with people who are not from the same country as themselves.

StroShow4 04-11-2013 09:56 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
I can confidently attest that the majority of Jamaican people are obnoxious. Especially the women.


My best friend is Jamaican and even he can't stand other Jamaican people.

millwad 04-11-2013 10:02 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StroShow4
I can confidently attest that the majority of Jamaican people are obnoxious. Especially the women.


Have met too few jamaicans to make such a statement but my neighbor is actually a good kid. Although you can tell that he's from a 3rd world country and that he's brainwashed with nonsense about christianity like many other people are from developing countries where religion has a big stage in their culture and lives.

His jamaican friend is the most obnoxious female I've ever met though, seriously, so extremely arrogant and ignorant. She is always dead serious and she feels free to make fun of everyone else but as soon as someone makes the most friendly joke about her she gives people "the look" and act like she's the most amazing person ever.

But again, I've met too few jamaicans so I won't judge millions of people based on like 5 people.

millwad 04-11-2013 10:07 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Can second the socially retarded aspect. It sucks because their tiger moms thought that monetary and education success was the key to fulfillment and neglected the whole friendship and relationship part of the human experience. Over and over again. ANd boy do they suffer. And do we suffer too.

Not too sure about the cleanliness appeal to it. Chinese restaurants are pretty rundown and well the air pollution sucks. I guess being super status conscious they don't divert energy to household hygiene. Or their strict parents set such high rigid cleaning standards at home that they seize any opportunity to make pigpiles.

mill check out this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=101792

PS i can say whatever the fukk i want cuz where im form its just as bad if not worse :oldlol:


Dude, did you see my love poem about you?

And haha, what did I just read?

iamgine 04-11-2013 10:17 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
It's most likely a chain effect. It starts with one person not doing the dish, then another person sees it and say well fck it i'm not doing mine until that guy cleans his.

Then they see this guy cleaning all the dishes for them :lol

daily 04-11-2013 10:22 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
So basically it sounds like some Asian exchange students got themselves a maid when they moved in with the OP.

And the reason they seem socially awkward to you is because they tend not to socialize with the help

StroShow4 04-11-2013 10:24 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millwad
But again, I've met too few jamaicans so I won't judge millions of people based on like 5 people.


I've probably met a hundred and maybe three have been tolerable.

knickballer 04-11-2013 11:08 PM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
I thought OP was a multiculturalist liberal? Or does he just like black people?:confusedshrug:

lefthook00 04-12-2013 12:44 AM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millwad
In Sweden we have plenty of exchange students from east asia, mainly chinese and korean and I keep getting dumbfounded by how plenty of them behave.

I've been living in dorms with a shared kitchen before in Sweden and now I'm currently in one as well because me and my girlfriend are waiting to move in to our new apartment which we just bought.

Anyway, where I live now I share kitchen with 3 chinese, 2 korean and one jamaican student and the east asian students live like pigs. And it's been the same every time I've shared kitchen with east asian exchange students, they are socially retarded and they never speak with anyone who's not a fellow countrymen and they are dirty as hell. I've been doing their dishes since I got back from the US because the pigs never clean their stuff after cooking and they don't through out the garbage either.

I've been in a couple of East Asian countries before and I never experienced anything of what I'm seeing now. Is it the younger generation that is like this or what?

And yeah, CharlesOakley is a bitch.


The social retardation is a part of their culture, they simply never learned how to socialize that way. You can see the difference when you hang out with white-washed Asians, they are very outgoing, chill, etc.

The thing with the dirty kitchen, I'm guessing that exchange students from East Asia are most likely the privileged ones who have maids to cook, clean, etc.? Or maybe their mothers do everything for them and they've never washed a dish in their life? Plus more traditional gender roles? A lot of them probably live with their parents, wife moves into sons house, etc., so you probably have the wife, mother, grandma, daughter cooking and cleaning all the time.

LJJ 04-12-2013 01:11 AM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millwad


I've been in a couple of East Asian countries before and I never experienced anything of what I'm seeing now. Is it the younger generation that is like this or what?


Never been to China I guess? The Chinese don't give a fuck.

GatorKid117 04-12-2013 01:30 AM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millwad
But seriously, I've seen too many socially retarded and dirty exchange students from East Asia. I'm starting to think that these are the kids that have rich parents and who never had to work on their personalities or anything else because they were born with a silver spoon, it's mind boggling to see how these guys behave and how they interact with people who are not from the same country as themselves.


As someone who works in China and teaches rich kids.

Bingo.

HarryCallahan 04-12-2013 01:52 AM

Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?
 
I've noticed the same thing with Asian schoolkids too. The ones that have grown up here are pretty normal, but kids who come over for college are autistic as hell.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy