Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Life without Kobe (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296208)

kkinchen 04-13-2013 10:13 PM

Life without Kobe

Barring a miracle, Kobe is done for the season. So, we have to move forward. Here is our best rotation for success in my opinion.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Meeks/Morris
Clark/Ebanks
Gasol/Metta/Jamison
Howard/Sacre

That rotation maximizes our defensive potential in my opinion. We still have a very good and dangerous team. We have the two best Centers in all of basketball on our team in Gasol and Howard, and several players that can play and defend multiple positions. Hopefully, we get Jordan Hill back soon and we find a way to win a championship for Kobe. I still believe in this team.

DKLaker 04-14-2013 02:43 AM

Re: Life without Kobe

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
Barring a miracle, Kobe is done for the season. So, we have to move forward. Here is our best rotation for success in my opinion.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Meeks/Morris
Clark/Ebanks
Gasol/Metta/Jamison
Howard/Sacre

That rotation maximizes our defensive potential in my opinion. We still have a very good and dangerous team. We have the two best Centers in all of basketball on our team in Gasol and Howard, and several players that can play and defend multiple positions. Hopefully, we get Jordan Hill back soon and we find a way to win a championship for Kobe. I still believe in this team.

Hey kk, isn't this a sign of the coming of the Meeks Era????
Isn't he supposed to dominate the league :oldlol:

J/K :cheers:

kkinchen 04-15-2013 07:50 PM

We're going to win the championship this year without Kobe. The facts are that we have lost games all year because we have refused to get the ball inside, and now we have no choice but to feed our two bigs early and often.

Kobe and Metta take a lot of bad long contested jump shots, and when they are not falling teams grab the long rebounds and just outsprint us to the other end. It has been a really simple formula to beat the Lakers because Kobe and Metta have been really undisciplined offensively all year. Now, that wont be the case and therefore, the games will be a lot slower and we wont give up much in transition now.

DKLaker 04-16-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
We're going to win the championship this year without Kobe. The facts are that we have lost games all year because we have refused to get the ball inside, and now we have no choice but to feed our two bigs early and often.

Kobe and Metta take a lot of bad long contested jump shots, and when they are not falling teams grab the long rebounds and just outsprint us to the other end. It has been a really simple formula to beat the Lakers because Kobe and Metta have been really undisciplined offensively all year. Now, that wont be the case and therefore, the games will be a lot slower and we wont give up much in transition now.

:biggums: :facepalm :eek: :facepalm

MJ(Mean John) 04-17-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
:biggums: :facepalm :eek: :facepalm

Forgive him.

Look man, as a diehard laker fan, it sucks KB went down.

I'm only 23 years old and KB has been my favorite player for his entire career (sans a lamar Odom stint)

And it feels so weird with kobe not playing but even weirder with us "pushing" towards a chip without him. It's almost bittersweet.

Damn man, it's just giving us a taste of life without bean when he retires (which I hope he isn't done lacing em up yet)

(Sigh)

He's not only our best player, but our leader, our emotional leader. The most exciting to watch and our most interesting to watch. He shows the most heart.

I'm just bummed, never realized how much I took KB for granted