Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cavs should hire Nate Mcmillan (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296777)

TheBrewer 04-19-2013 02:14 AM

Cavs should hire Nate Mcmillan

I still think he was the scapegoat for the blazer's performance. If he's willing to coach, he would be great for a young group of players like Irving.

thoughts?

Breezy 04-19-2013 04:15 AM

Re: Cavs should hire Nate Mcmillan

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrewer
I still think he was the scapegoat for the blazer's performance. If he's willing to coach, he would be great for a young group of players like Irving.

thoughts?

He's a good coach who will definitely be coaching again sometime soon but If I were him I'd stay away from Cleveland. The whole roster seems injury prone and he's probably still having PTSD from all the injuries he dealt with in portland.

ihatetimthomas 04-19-2013 04:20 AM

Not a bad hire. He could help develop Irving and can develop a solid defensive team. He is a solid coach, one of the best available. And the Cavs are the best team to go for compared to the other coaching vacancies.

TheBrewer 04-19-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy
He's a good coach who will definitely be coaching again sometime soon but If I were him I'd stay away from Cleveland. The whole roster seems injury prone and he's probably still having PTSD from all the injuries he dealt with in portland.

Why? Cleveland is up and coming man... lots of potential there. Just look how many picks they have. The hardest piece is getting a good guard..

Breezy 04-19-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBrewer
Why? Cleveland is up and coming man... lots of potential there. Just look how many picks they have. The hardest piece is getting a good guard..

For sure. I'm Just worried about their health. Can't coach a great team if they're all on the bench in suits.

BlazersDozen 04-19-2013 04:38 AM

This is the perfect team for Nate. He's a coach who does better bringing young players to their full potential rather tham coaching a veteran team. I could imagine him using Irving the same way he used Brandon Roy & the defense would definitely improve.

Wavves 04-19-2013 05:33 AM

I would love that decision, I love Nate as a coach and he would be great for that young franchise. They'd improve defensively right away.

Shepseskaf 04-19-2013 05:37 AM

Nate would be a great hire, as would SVG. I'm still not sure what the real reasons were for Scott being let go.

Djsonny 04-19-2013 08:47 PM

nate is a defensive mind coach so it would help put kyrie in a better position to improve and his iso's on his stars would work here. My issue with nate is his rotation is horrible, he has rotations that takes guys out of games regardless of how hot they are. His game plan doesnt change during the game, cannot adjust during games, but a decent coach, just may not be enough to put you in a top tier range

chazzy 04-19-2013 09:10 PM

Why does everyone say he's a good defensive coach? Portland just played at a slow pace

Haymaker 04-19-2013 09:14 PM

Mike Brown would be better for Kyrie. He will play him 36+ minutes every night. He won't have him sit in the 4th quarter like Scott did.