Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   So how are Kings fans feeling? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29687)

hotsizzle 02-11-2007 02:26 AM

So how are Kings fans feeling?

5 gm win streak...I must say, the way they played was impressive and alluded to what many Kings fans envisioned before the season started...is the hope still there? Any fans upset that they're not going to get a top draft pick and rebuild?

Sneaking into the playoffs isn't out of the question. As its looking right now..the 7th, 8th spots are wide open...

BradMiller52 02-11-2007 02:44 AM

Re: So how are Kings fans feeling?

Eh it's looking like they're going to be the 8th seed again(which is good if you're a team on the rise but I wouldn't call the Kings that)... How I feel? I feel mediocre right now:ohwell:

I'm sick of hearing about whether Bibby will be traded or not in the media. I really wish the guy would just stfu. He's not helping the team any, he's playing like hot trash. Then he goes in the bee and says something like "well I have 1 bad shooting year and they decide to give up on me, then that's the way they are. Having everybody turn on me like that, it's kind of frustrating." Then like 2 weeks ago the fans were booing because the Kings were getting killed and he got pissed about that. If he wasn't playing like crap than the Kings wouldn't be in this position and the boos wouldn't have been there. He's supposed to be a good leader but he's such a bad leader, he probably couldn't lead Ron's dog to food. Don't get me wrong though, he's still a good player. He's a 2nd/3rd option on a decent team with a good PF/C. I just want him to STFU and play though.

Petrie is frustrating me. This team needs a trade. The best thing he could do is rebuild, but I don't know if I see that happening anymore. Looks like Kings management and the players want the 8th seed for some odd reason. I might as well cheer too I guess.

Ron is playing the best ball of his career(well some of it...) during the last month and a half. His trade value is probably going up because he's been shooting well, playing suffocating defense, passing, handling the ball, rebounding, and getting steals. The dog incident is bad. It seems like it might just be an accident though. I think he's probably the Kings' best trade chip.

The Kings will have to play really well if they want the 8th seed though. The schedule next month and after that is pretty brutal. Now Brad is out until the all star game. Kenny Thomas just messed up his back. Mike's playing with a sprained ankle(which probably isn't quite as bad as it sounds but still). Team is kinda injured. So it's looking like we may end up with the 12th or 13th pick which is kinda BS. They're going on a big road trip after tomorrow.

I'm impressed with Kev Martin. He's been the main bright spot for this whole season. He's probably our best offensive option. Shooting 50% on FGs, 40% on 3s, and averaging 21 PPG. He's continuing to grow, showing new moves on offense as the season goes on.

So yeah, the Kings are mediocre. They are aimed right at the 8th seed but they might fall short a bit. Am I happy they're going for the 8th seed? No. But I guess I might as well cheer anyway, whatever.

Targus™ 02-11-2007 03:29 AM

at the moment, i'm feeling great because of this 5 game winning streak and the way they are playing. but overall on the season i guess i'm disappointed, mostly in Mike Bibby who was scheduled by many to have an all-star caliber season and it just hasn't gone that way. although, I don't think the organization should turn their backs on him and decide they want him gone. if it wasn't for kevin martin we would be..wow..:(

Showtime 02-11-2007 03:31 PM

I just feel optimistic because I want to see Jerry with a mohawk.

bigboi_baller 02-11-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime
I just feel optimistic because I want to see Jerry with a mohawk.

I wish I never had to here or see jerry anymore, but If I have to see him, I'd prefer a mohawk.

It looks like the Kings might sneak into the playoffs but I still think that they would be better off trading Mike and rebuilding.

Targus™ 02-11-2007 04:34 PM

it's 1 bad season he's having, trading him will be just like turning our back on him after all these years and what he's done for us.

LAZYBOY 02-11-2007 05:19 PM

I hate this season, I hate this winning streak, and I hate this roster. This team has no chance at a championship so if we make the playoffs it's all for nothing. Another mediocre season with a mediocre draft pick. If Petrie made a trade I might feel better about things, the sooner Kenny Thomas is gone the better. I can't even look at this guy without being disgusted with my team. I don't know what to think about Bibby, he's my favorite player on the Kings but he's overpaid and he forgot how to shoot. Overall I'd say I'm confused, I don't even know where to stand.

Fresnoking 02-11-2007 05:49 PM

i'm happy about this win streak. finally something to cheer about.

BradMiller52 02-12-2007 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targus™
it's 1 bad season he's having, trading him will be just like turning our back on him after all these years and what he's done for us.

IMO it's not just about trading him to trade him, it's about trading him to kick off a rebuilding process. It's not necessarily all about Bibby, it's about what's best for the franchise in the long term. BTW, if we sent him to a contender while we end up a lottery team I don't really see how that's turning our back on him or betraying him. It's doing him a favor because he's in the prime of his career right now, these are the years he'll never get back where he should be contending. He's not good enough to lead a team and he's not bad enough to let the team suck while he stays, so he is good enough to be one of the best players on a mediocre team(look at last year for the proof). IMO, a Baron Davis type PG is a guy that is talented enough to make a team better. But first off we need a good draft pick or two, get another young star to go with KMart.

Targus™ 02-12-2007 01:03 PM

he's said time and time again that he wants to stay in Sacramento because he thinks it's a good situation for him and his family. i see your point and it makes a lot of sense, but I just can't stand when the Kings are mediocre. Right now, the team is only a notch or two above average imo although their record doesn't portray that. But in order to get better you have to get worse, and you can never tell how long that will take. Basically if Mike keeps playing like this then it'll be obvious he's not even trying, i mean when have we ever seen mike jack up so many threes and avoid getting to the basket? Do you think it might be the coach's style of using him?

bigboi_baller 02-12-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targus™
he's said time and time again that he wants to stay in Sacramento because he thinks it's a good situation for him and his family. i see your point and it makes a lot of sense, but I just can't stand when the Kings are mediocre. Right now, the team is only a notch or two above average imo although their record doesn't portray that. But in order to get better you have to get worse, and you can never tell how long that will take. Basically if Mike keeps playing like this then it'll be obvious he's not even trying, i mean when have we ever seen mike jack up so many threes and avoid getting to the basket? Do you think it might be the coach's style of using him?

No, it seems like he doesn't have that intensity anymore. It seems like he doesn't care. Maybe the losing has gotten to him? He probably also feels betrayed.

Targus™ 02-12-2007 11:32 PM

i'd have to say a little bit of all of that. a lot of his..."sucking" also has to do with not having all the talent around him that he had before, obviously.