Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Should Thibs be fired? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297047)

ConanRulesNBC 04-21-2013 10:35 PM

Should Thibs be fired?

I just read an article on yahoo sports about the Bulls injuries piling up. Noah is hurt, Taj is hurt, Deng has been playing through injuries. Is it the coaching or does the medical staff really suck?

Is Thibs the problem? Is he just a better version of Scott Skiles who makes his players go too hard with very little rest? I like Thibs' attitude. He does get the players to go out there and play great defense. But is he running them into the ground?

I'm starting to wonder if another coaching change might be coming up. Hopefully if it does it's during the off season so the Bulls can go through a full training camp with the new coach. Who would you want to see coach if the Bulls did go in a new direction?

Ronnie 04-22-2013 01:37 AM

Re: Should Thibs be fired?

A new coach would need to adjust to the environment of the bulls' locker room . I think Thibs is the right person for the Bulls right now , but yeah , he's stressing up the players a bit ; plus the injuries are aggravating to our problems .

Rose 04-22-2013 02:46 AM

Slightly, but the medical staff I think is far more at fault.

Rip wasn't particularly glass before he came here. I mean he essentially skipped games in Detroit, and obviously had nose issues long before he came here but that was before. Then he comes here and..well....yeah.

Boozer is as Boozer does, but has stayed healthy the past 18 months.:applause:

Deng's always been injury prone, and definitely aggravated stuff this year, hopefully he gets 100% healthy in the offseason. But since his leg issues stopped more or less.(The achilles, the leg injuries the year after he signed his extension, the calf) I'm really worried about him burning out in a few years just because of injury. His offensive game won't because that's not what it's predicated on (aside from the torn ligament which will heal eventually) but those legs....eh that could be an issue. but if so that's a few years away.

Noah wasn't injured really at all at florida. But since being drafted likes to miss 10-15 games a year due to his ankle/foot.

Rose's health is mostly speculative. You can say the injuries kept mounting up last year and that maybe they were caused by one another and the body was trying to make up for that. Or you can say he just had a really random injury prone year for a guy who before was never injured seriously. Missed a game or two a year which most guys do, so yeah.

Taj didn't miss a game his rookie year, and missed two his sophomore year then had a pretty rough knee injury he probably came back from too early. So I don't really think that's on anyone.

Jimmy is healthy usually, Marco has a good health record, as does Nate (overall). Kirk started breaking down the day we traded him basically, pretty sad what happened there.

Does Thibs ride the guys too much? Yes, particularly the last two years when we had absolutely terrific depth which should have been playing more. But he did change that this year and made strides. And I think he's starting to improve on that. This year though he did have to ride the starters more than ever before because of the lack of depth, and of course when one guy got injured there was at least 2-3 more behind that injury.

I think he's still the right coach for right now, and while he's got defense down pat, and he's learning the x's and o's a bit. He'll probably learn to give guys breaks down the line, rest guys more than he should.

Ronnie 04-22-2013 08:59 AM

Good insight view on the topic Rose .

ConanRulesNBC 04-22-2013 11:06 AM

They really should look into getting a new medical staff. I mean, yes it's the NBA. I know injuries happen. But it shouldn't be happening to players who are in their primes like Noah, Taj and Deng.

Ronnie 04-22-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
They really should look into getting a new medical staff. I mean, yes it's the NBA. I know injuries happen. But it shouldn't be happening to players who are in their primes like Noah, Taj and Deng.

Ha Ha , actually speaking , injuries don't happen due to the medical staff . You should say that the medical staff can't manage the injuries of the players properly . :confusedshrug:

ConanRulesNBC 04-22-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie
Ha Ha , actually speaking , injuries don't happen due to the medical staff . You should say that the medical staff can't manage the injuries of the players properly . :confusedshrug:

Well, yeah. My point is that the medical staff does a poor job at helping these guys out. And again some fault has to be with the coaching staff as well for playing these guys while they're still injured.