Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298160)

Levity 05-01-2013 02:28 PM

Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan
 
The Milwaukee Bucks will begin a search immediately for a new head coach after informing Jim Boylan that he will not be offered a new contract, General Manager John Hammond announced. The decision was made after Hammond met with Boylan Wednesday morning at the Bucks Training Center in St. Francis, Wis.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13167

--------------

I believe this is the 4th coach to get the axe since the regular season ended. There's still very credible coaching names out there looking for jobs, but do the bucks go that route?

Depending how their off season goes, the bucks are a team that could fight for the 6th-8th spot for the next few seasons. A veteran coach with play off experience may be a good pick up for this team

imnew09 05-01-2013 02:29 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
still better than M'Antoni

STATUTORY 05-01-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
yet Mike Dantoni stays employed...

Levity 05-01-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
yet Mike Dantoni stays employed...


If mike D was to get fired, it wouldnt be until after teams are allowed to sign free agents in July. Like it or not, every move the lakers make this off season all depends on what dwight says and does. If he says he wont return if MD is still the coach, then you better believe the lakers will instantly give him the boot.

HomieWeMajor 05-01-2013 02:41 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
VDN on the way

Levity 05-01-2013 02:42 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
VDN on the way


It's certainly looking like it.

IGotACoolStory 05-01-2013 03:01 PM

Re: Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan
 
They should have hired someone to build the team up. I don't get why some teams are fine with being in that 8th seed area... It's probably the worst situation an NBA team can be. You either want to suck so you can hopefully get a building piece in the draft or be a borderline contender+.

-Shouldn't have traded Harris. Anyone who watched him play on the Bucks could see that. Stupid.
-Need to figure out the Jennings-Ellis situation. It doesn't work and, frankly, neither are all that good. I do think you can build with Jennings with the right coach, tho, if you so desire.
-Figure out which post player(s) are expandable and acquire young talent or a pick. Sanders is probably a keeper. Then you have Ilyasova, Udoh, and Henson. One needs to go. Probably should have been Ilyasova earlier.

Then build around Jennings-(Henson or Udoh or Ilyasova)-Sanders. Finding capable wing players isn't that difficult.

Or that's what I would do.

chosen_one6 05-01-2013 03:04 PM

Re: Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
They should have hired someone to build the team up. I don't get why some teams are fine with being in that 8th seed area... It's probably the worst situation an NBA team can be. You either want to suck so you can hopefully get a building piece in the draft or be a borderline contender+.

-Shouldn't have traded Harris. Anyone who watched him play on the Bucks could see that. Stupid.
-Need to figure out the Jennings-Ellis situation. It doesn't work and, frankly, neither are all that good. I do think you can build with Jennings with the right coach, tho, if you so desire.
-Figure out which post player(s) are expandable and acquire young talent or a pick. Sanders is probably a keeper. Then you have Ilyasova, Udoh, and Henson. One needs to go. Probably should have been Ilyasova earlier.

Then build around Jennings-(Henson or Udoh or Ilyasova)-Sanders. Finding capable wing players isn't that difficult.

Or that's what I would do.


I don't think you can build around Jennings. Dude can score but I just don't see him being able to lead a team.

Levity 05-01-2013 03:07 PM

Re: Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
They should have hired someone to build the team up. I don't get why some teams are fine with being in that 8th seed area... It's probably the worst situation an NBA team can be. You either want to suck so you can hopefully get a building piece in the draft or be a borderline contender+.

-Shouldn't have traded Harris. Anyone who watched him play on the Bucks could see that. Stupid.
-Need to figure out the Jennings-Ellis situation. It doesn't work and, frankly, neither are all that good. I do think you can build with Jennings with the right coach, tho, if you so desire.
-Figure out which post player(s) are expandable and acquire young talent or a pick. Sanders is probably a keeper. Then you have Ilyasova, Udoh, and Henson. One needs to go. Probably should have been Ilyasova earlier.

Then build around Jennings-(Henson or Udoh or Ilyasova)-Sanders. Finding capable wing players isn't that difficult.

Or that's what I would do.


Ilyasova for Gasol still seems like it would benefit both teams. Had they done that earlier this season, when both players were still playing like shit, it would have worked out in the long run for both teams. The bucks, with gasol, could have made a run for the 5th seed. And a healthy lakers with ersan, would have been far more productive, seeing that ersan fits that stretch 4 spot the lakers desire.

bagelred 05-01-2013 03:11 PM

Re: Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan
 
I'm flying to Milwaukee for that interview today. If you want to be one of my assistant coaches, please leave your ISH post resume in my Inbox.

niko 05-01-2013 03:16 PM

Re: Bucks say goodbye to head coach Jim Boylan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm flying to Milwaukee for that interview today. If you want to be one of my assistant coaches, please leave your ISH post resume in my Inbox.

Except for me who already has one of the jobs right? :mad: Answer carefully.

Shepseskaf 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
yet Mike Dantoni stays employed...

Amazing, isn't it?

Several LA radio honks are pushing the point that DHo should demand that Pringles be fired as a condition for re-signing. As if Dwight doesn't have enough pressure on him.

If Jim Buss doesn't see the necessity of getting rid of Pringles, the franchise is headed for a swift decline. Jeannie better take over soon.

hawkfan 05-01-2013 03:32 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Amazing, isn't it?

Several LA radio honks are pushing the point that DHo should demand that Pringles be fired as a condition for re-signing.


Isn't that what Howard did in Orlando?

STATUTORY 05-01-2013 03:32 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Amazing, isn't it?

Several LA radio honks are pushing the point that DHo should demand that Pringles be fired as a condition for re-signing. As if Dwight doesn't have enough pressure on him.

If Jim Buss doesn't see the necessity of getting rid of Pringles, the franchise is headed for a swift decline. Jeannie better take over soon.


that would be good for the franchise. But seems like Jerry Buss's death bed wish was for Jim to be intimately involved with the team moving forward. :facepalm

and dwight is probably reluctant to call for coaching change given his experience in Orl. So many factors completely unrelated to Dantoni's actual coaching competence is gonna keep him glued to that seat for next year.

Shepseskaf 05-01-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Another coach bites the dust
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
Isn't that what Howard did in Orlando?

He did, but his position/reputation is not nearly as strong now. He definitely doesn't want to do the same trick twice.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy