Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Don't jump off the bridge fellow Knick fans... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298205)

niko 05-01-2013 10:31 PM

Don't jump off the bridge fellow Knick fans...

They'll win Friday. No doubt. Yes, it's in Boston. Yes it's hard to win on the road. They'll win Friday.

Go have a few and chill and relax. Nothing in life is ever easy. Especially for us. But they will win Friday.

Clutch 05-01-2013 10:46 PM

Re: Don't jump off the bridge fellow Knick fans...

Knicks were up 3-0 and then J.R. threw an elbow. That got him suspended.
Without him in game 4 it was all Melo and he chucked us out of the game.
Then J.R. and K-Mart started to talk trash. Both were invisible tonight while Jason Terry showed up. Melo laid an egg again.

This is just so frustrating. If any team in the NBA is able to lose a 3-0 lead it's the Knicks.

Before the series I predicted Celtics in 6. I won't be surprised if we win but I won't be surprised if Boston wins this one in 7 either.
I always expect the worst and the Knicks have given me every possible reason to do so.
Not saying it's over until it's finally over.

franchize 05-01-2013 10:47 PM

Yo Im riding out with my boys. I'm usually a pessimist but F it. It's not like Ima be a fan of another team. Might as well be positive.

kNicKz 05-01-2013 10:51 PM

**** This.

knickscity 05-01-2013 11:00 PM

The Knicks haven't really played well all series, only in second halves.

Now that the pressure is squarely on the Knicks, we get to see what these guys are truly made of.

While I do feel the odds are still in their favor to win the series, now they will have to do it Boston....again.

I seriously doubt they will have the mental aspect to close a game 7.

But for now, they need to focus on the court and not in media.

After game 3, Melo talks about a sweep, then plays like doo-doo in game 4.

Martin talks about guys wearing black, then plays like garbage himself, can't even back up his words.

JR is JR.

Ironically the best player in the series has been Felton.

Can't win like that.

Clutch 05-01-2013 11:01 PM

Let's be positive for a second. If they lose the series they will make history.

THE ONLY NBA team in history to ever lose a series after being up 3-0.

That's quite an accomplishment. :applause:

Scoooter 05-01-2013 11:36 PM

I don't see it happening. Melo has been pretty bad though. If he's having this much trouble scoring against Brandon Bass (who is playing very well to his credit), he could be in for a very rough playoffs.

Hopefully Amar'e will come back and pick up where he left off.

franchize 05-02-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
I don't see it happening. Melo has been pretty bad though. If he's having this much trouble scoring against Brandon Bass (who is playing very well to his credit), he could be in for a very rough playoffs.

Hopefully Amar'e will come back and pick up where he left off.

It's too easy for the Celtics to help. When he passes it out, only Felton has the balls to shoot really. Shump has become a little more aggressive but ultimately, only Felton is being aggressive offensively. It's already a given Chandler isn't going to shoot. You can't have other guys like Kidd passing up quality shots too.

kNicKz 05-02-2013 01:50 AM

I have come down from my initial reaction to game 5. What we need to do is move the ball and drive to the hoop. Melo needs to get to the line. Less ISO ball. Play pablo. JR was :facepalm but on some nights he takes those exact same shots and its a JR swish night so :confusedshrug:

franchize 05-02-2013 03:09 AM

Pablo was only effective when Boston started off going small. When they have Pierce out there at the 2, he's useless. End of the day, if we win, it's going to be because Woody got his head out his butt. Both teams have played hard enough D to win these games but it's coming down to a lack of a game plan offensively, and mismatches defensively. I don't know how many times Pierce and Green have to shoot over our guards for us to realize we cannot put guards on them. We really aren't getting anything out of going small. Time to adapt and adjust.

Clutch 05-02-2013 05:53 AM

So guys,what if we actually lose the series. How would that make you feel ? What would you want to do next ?
And if we get past Boston do you think we're good enough to beat the Pacers ?

knickscity 05-02-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
So guys,what if we actually lose the series. How would that make you feel ? What would you want to do next ?

If the Knicks lose in the first round, my stance hasn't changed.....everyone goes.

Don't know about the Pacers....beat the Hawks first

niko 05-02-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch

You're really a whiny little girl. How did that sentence make you feel? Did you actually write "if the knicks lose how will you feel?" I'll be freaking joyous throwing shit in the air. :facepalm

If they lose they need to make changes. Is this rocket science? If they crumble the Knicks need to see what changes they can make, but you can't ship Melo out for role players regardless. Even if you see Melo as a B, he can't be a B if he's not on the team. You can't then go look for another A who would also be alone.

But they won't, they'll win Friday. Stop being such a woman and complaining prior to the bad thing occuring. essentially even if they win you already whined about them losing, and were upset at them losing, BUT THEY HAVEN'T LOST.

Da KO King 05-02-2013 05:41 PM

I only hope the embarrassment of the last two games is enough to force this team to mature. They play a very unintelligent brand of basketball and it has gotten much worse over the last two games.

Clutch 05-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
You're really a whiny little girl. How did that sentence make you feel? Did you actually write "if the knicks lose how will you feel?" I'll be freaking joyous throwing shit in the air. :facepalm

If they lose they need to make changes. Is this rocket science? If they crumble the Knicks need to see what changes they can make, but you can't ship Melo out for role players regardless. Even if you see Melo as a B, he can't be a B if he's not on the team. You can't then go look for another A who would also be alone.

But they won't, they'll win Friday. Stop being such a woman and complaining prior to the bad thing occuring. essentially even if they win you already whined about them losing, and were upset at them losing, BUT THEY HAVEN'T LOST.

I'm a whiny little girl for what ? Not having confidence in the Knicks after all those years of misery ?
They failed over and over again. I'm not going to stop watching them because they are my team and I root for them but I'm not going to be positive either until they prove me they can at least get past the 1st round.

I've been "whining" for years and yet every year they proved me right. I just want a team that can get out of the 1st round. That's all. I'm not asking for a championship.