Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   My Mock--Suprising New #1 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2995)

d_white089 06-27-2006 04:14 PM

My Mock--Suprising New #1

Barring Trades...

1. Toronto - Rudy Gay

2. Chicago - Andrea Bargnani

3. Charlotte - Adam Morrison

4. Portland - Brandon Roy

5. Atlanta - Marcus Williams

6. Minnesota - LaMarcus Aldridge

7. Boston - Randy Foye

8. Houston - Tyrus Thomas

9. Golden State - Rodney Carney

10. Seattle - Shelden Williams

11. Orlando - Ronnie Brewer

12. NO/OKC - Cedric Simmons

13. Philly - Rajon Rondo

14. Utah Jazz - JJ Redick

15. NO/OKC - Saer Sene

16. Chicago - Maurice Ager

17. Indiana - Sergio Rodriguez

18. Washington - Hilton Armstrong

19. Sacramento Kings - Jordan Farmar

20. New York - Shawne Williams

21. Phoenix Suns - Kyle Lowry

22. New Jersey - Josh Boone

23. New Jersey - Thebo Sefolosha

24. Memphis - Mardy Collins

25. Cleveland - PJ Tucker

26. L.A. Lakers - James White

27. Phoenix - Paul Davis

28. Dallas - Joel Freeland

29. New York - Alexander Johnson

30. Portland - Mike Gansey

You can tell me what you think..

The REAL Next KNICK 06-27-2006 05:45 PM

i hope thats right for the knicks

d_white089 06-27-2006 06:58 PM

Dude's got a ton of potential..didn't show much during the college year tho..I thought he would explode during the college season but it never really happened...

fatboy11 06-27-2006 07:02 PM

I can't almost guaran-damn-tee you that Atlanta won't be taking Marcus Williams.

They seem perfectly content with Joe Johnson doing the bulk of the ballhandling.

SecondFiddle 06-27-2006 07:25 PM

Jim Mora would say this about your mock draft:
"Did someone say Gay, Gay are you serious GAY!

d_white089 06-27-2006 08:11 PM

I truly think the Raptors will pick Rudy Gay #1 overall...They know Bargnani better than any team in the league, and if they were sold on him everyone would know it by now..Apparently Gay did fabulous in a workout for them and they don't need another big..so if they keep the #1 pick Rudy Gay makes the most sense to me..

Tsuj10 06-27-2006 08:16 PM

So Dwhite, how do you feel about the Raps taking Gay first overall? If you're Colangelo, and you're concerned about about Villanueva not giving his all for an entire 82 game season, wouldn't you have the same concern about Gay, who has a knack for disappearing in crunch time and seemingly coasting (well, most of the time actually, despite flashes of brilliance)? You can say all you want about all the scoring options surrounding Gay at UConn, but when they needed a go-to-guy, it was Rashard Anderson or Denham Brown, not Gay. He lacks the competitive desire and assertiveness that set the Foye's and the Morrison's apart from Gay.

traditionone 06-27-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_white089
I truly think the Raptors will pick Rudy Gay #1 overall...They know Bargnani better than any team in the league, and if they were sold on him everyone would know it by now..Apparently Gay did fabulous in a workout for them and they don't need another big..so if they keep the #1 pick Rudy Gay makes the most sense to me..

I truly think the Rudy Gay rumor is a smoke screen to entice Michael Jordan and the Bobcats to trade up to the number 1 spot, thus getting their point guard in Brevin Knight. It appears that the Bobcats and Jordan have Rudy Gay as their top choice.

Zalendar 06-27-2006 09:02 PM

I hope that is the case, I would really like the Raps to trade down to the number 3 spot.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-27-2006 09:13 PM

raps need to get marcus williams

TheReturnofCed 06-27-2006 09:46 PM

WOW........... Patrick O'Bryant slips to the 2nd round.

Nice work.

d_white089 06-27-2006 11:12 PM

OK I did that in around five minutes and obviously messed up on O'Bryant..my bad..

What is up with all the smart elick punks in the forum..

dwillreg 06-27-2006 11:16 PM

I like it but I think Gay is a smokescrean. Bargnani is the pick dude but its cool.