Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   We'll win this series... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299927)

niko 05-14-2013 08:08 PM

We'll win this series...

We are going to lose this game. Refs hosed us 2nd qtr (not sure wtf that was or why) and Indiana is hot. **** IT. I'm going to down a bunch (a whole bunch) of beers and catch up on Game of Thrones. I'm GIVING this game to Indiana.

BUT

We'll win games 5 to 7 and go off to Miami.

:cheers: That's right. No i'm not high, haven't done anything interesting in 15 years drug wise and i haven't started drinking yet.

Clutch 05-14-2013 09:40 PM

Re: We'll win this series...

You're as high as Metta World Peace right now.

Series is over and the Knicks have been playing like it's over for a long time.

Patrick Chewing 05-15-2013 12:30 AM

In the city, you must fight to survive.....

el gringos 05-15-2013 02:36 AM

With nothing going right at all these games have all been within reach at times. These games show what the Knicks are- a poorly put together team for real basketball. But the wi Dow is still there for hot shooting to blow the pacers out once over these next 2. Carmelo, jr, And Kidd win the other and it's game 7

niko 05-16-2013 04:03 PM

You just have to win one, then you only need two. Essentially there is only one "the Knicks shouldn't win this" game they need to overcome.

If we win tonight, we just need to win game 6 to get to game 7. If we win tonight, i feel good. I honestly think tonight is the hardest game, to get back on track.

franchize 05-16-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
You just have to win one, then you only need two. Essentially there is only one "the Knicks shouldn't win this" game they need to overcome.

If we win tonight, we just need to win game 6 to get to game 7. If we win tonight, i feel good. I honestly think tonight is the hardest game, to get back on track.

:oldlol: I admire your optimism

Rameek 05-16-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Niko I gots your back! Just win tonight be it by 1 or 100 just get this 1. I believe too.

Let's go get this baby, turn up the volume!

Rameek 05-16-2013 10:51 PM

1 down lets get this!

niko 05-16-2013 10:57 PM

You win one, you only need two. And Saturday night you only need to win Game 6, not both. And the Pacers continue to turn the ball over at a ridiculous pace.

Why can't we win a game in Indiana?

Clutch 05-17-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

You win one, you only need two. And Saturday night you only need to win Game 6, not both. And the Pacers continue to turn the ball over at a ridiculous pace.

Why can't we win a game in Indiana?

We can but it's not likely. In two games so far we weren't even close to stealing one. They completely dominated us in Indy.

Rebounding is the difference. In two games that we won (both at MSG) we were basically even on the glass (we won the rebounding battle in game 2 and only lost by 3 last night). But in 3 games that we lost we really got killed on the glass.

If they can find a way to keep them off the glass in Indiana then they can take it. But if not it would take a really hot shooting either from Melo or J.R. to win.

franchize 05-17-2013 08:41 AM

Indiana is really good at home. They haven't lost at home this entire post season.

Clutch 05-17-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Indiana is really good at home. They haven't lost at home this entire post season.

Knicks need to get better with their doubling. Let them play one on one,no doubles. If they start making shots then start doubling them. But if they don't (quite possible) then continue to play them with single coverage.
If we need to double then double only when Hibbert/West makes a move. No need to send double as soon as he catches it.

I think unnecessary double teaming and rotations out of it were the main reason why we're losing 3-2,along with the poor rebounding in three games we lost. You can't let them shoot wide open threes. There aren't any talented offensive players on that team. Let them work for the points instead of giving them wide open looks.

Rameek 05-17-2013 10:55 AM

Clutch I have an issue with some things you are saying. First you just said exactly what Tim Legler said almost to the tee.

Then whats with the "we" stuff you jumped off the wagon.

Clutch 05-17-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
Clutch I have an issue with some things you are saying. First you just said exactly what Tim Legler said almost to the tee.

Then whats with the "we" stuff you jumped off the wagon.

First of all I don't even know who Tim Legler is,probably some analyst. I live outside of US so I don't have opportunity to watch Sportscenter or your other shows (I don't even watch halftime shows because they don't show it on League Pass) so you're really don't have a clue if you think I copy what some other people say.

And what's the deal with me jumping off the wagon ? I was always a Knicks fan and I always will be. Just because I don't think the Knicks are going to win it doesn't make me any less fan than you or anybody else.
Knicks games are usually at 1-2 am in my country and last until 3:30-4:30 am.
85% of you "American" Knicks fans wouldn't watch Knicks games if they were played at that time.

Since I started to watch them they've pretty much sucked so I don't have really high expectations because losing is mostly what I got from this franchise. Still I root for them but I won't predict them any big success until they prove they can do it.
They got past the 1st round and that's all I asked from them this season. Anything else is a bonus. Although I didn't expect them to play so bad against the Pacers,I predicted Knicks in 6 at the start of the series but after I've seen how badly they played I changed my mind.

You should be embarrassed by your post. Accusing me of two things I didn't do. First get your facts right before accusing someone of "copying words of some analyst I don't even have an opportunity to listen" and jumping off the wagon despite watching every Knicks game even though they are so late at night.

Rameek 05-17-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
First of all I don't even know who Tim Legler is,probably some analyst. I live outside of US so I don't have opportunity to watch Sportscenter or your other shows (I don't even watch halftime shows because they don't show it on League Pass) so you're really don't have a clue if you think I copy what some other people say.

And what's the deal with me jumping off the wagon ? I was always a Knicks fan and I always will be. Just because I don't think the Knicks are going to win it doesn't make me any less fan than you or anybody else.

Knicks games are usually at 1-2 am in my country and last until 3:30-4:30 am.
85% of you "American" Knicks fans wouldn't watch Knicks games if they were played at that time.

I dont know what you have access to or not but almost word for word your analysis is that of Tim Legler. So if you have access to the Knicks games you have access to other media.

You said the series was over and you were disinterested... A series is never over until the final game and final whistle. So you jumped off. Or maybe thats how you roll. It takes all types to make the world go round.