Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Office Appreciation Thread. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300247)

CeltsGarlic 05-17-2013 06:05 AM

The Office Appreciation Thread.

Last episode aired yesterday. It was quite a run with a lot of crazy (,)memorable moments.

:applause:

ukballer 05-17-2013 06:19 AM

Re: The Office Appreciation Thread.

One of the few times I've preferred the American version over an original series. :D

miller-time 05-17-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukballer
One of the few times I've preferred the American version over an original series. :D

No way. UK > US version. The UK version is near perfect. Although it is subjective, I can't for the life of me see how the US version was better. That isn't to say it wasn't a solid show with its brilliant moments. But it did get kind of ridiculous and unrealistic about half way through, and then poor in parts of the later seasons.

ukballer 05-17-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miller-time
No way. UK > US version. The UK version is near perfect. Although it is subjective, I can't for the life of me see how the US version was better. That isn't to say it wasn't a solid show with its brilliant moments. But it did get kind of ridiculous and unrealistic about half way through, and then poor in parts of the later seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's bad. On the contrary, it's brilliant. I guess Ricky Gervais just rubs me up the wrong way (no pun intended), I'm just not a fan of his, in anything.

What irritates me the most about him, is that no matter what show or film he's in, he can only act as David Brent. :lol

Burgz V2 05-17-2013 06:59 AM

i loved this show, ive seen most episodes multiple times.

I will say that I stopped watching after Steve Carrell left, but a month ago I streamed the last two seasons and they were pretty good even without him. Towards the end of the last season was weak imo, but I guess it's about tying in the end of the series rather than maintaining viewership.

UK version is good but tbh I don't think the main characters were quite as developed as the US version. I think the subtleties of the UK version's comedy made it a really great show, but overall I think the US version was better.

miller-time 05-17-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukballer
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's bad. On the contrary, it's brilliant. I guess Ricky Gervais just rubs me up the wrong way (no pun intended), I'm just not a fan of his, in anything.

What irritates me the most about him, is that no matter what show or film he's in, he can only act as David Brent. :lol

I love Gervais. Can't lie. I know he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, and sometimes he does go over the top, but I love pretty much all of his work. But The Office is as much Ricky as it is Stephen. Steve is great too.

knickballer 05-17-2013 09:11 AM

Haven't seen an episode since season 4. First three seasons were good though

LikeABosh 05-17-2013 10:04 AM

The Office ended when Steve Carrel left

Rake2204 05-17-2013 03:47 PM

Last night's finale was actually pretty outstanding. I know a lot of TV shows struggle as to how to bookend a glorious run, and I know The Office has been a little iffy for the past few seasons, but the finale brought everything together wonderfully. It had an old-school, early season Office feel and hit just about every thing it needed to hit, and in wonderful fashion.

With it all said and done, I believe my favorite seasons were 1-5. Once Sabre began moving in during season 6, things began getting a little weird but I was still enjoying the show in many instances. Season 7 was unique only because I was drawn to the Michael Scott exit, though I was again underwhelmed. Then season 8 had nearly zero redeeming qualities while season 9 was relatively mediocre, but kept me involved because I wanted to see how things wrapped up. Again, the last two episodes of season 9 (particularly the finale) were almost enough to redeem the previous seasons.

-p.tiddy- 05-17-2013 03:52 PM

love The Office...great show full of great characters

^^^ best character...Angela

daj0264 05-17-2013 03:53 PM

stopped watching midway from the last season.

It was good until Carell left then it went downhill.

Jim and Pams wedding should have been the finale imo.

UK version > US version imo but maybes thats because im english.

HarryCallahan 05-17-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daj0264
stopped watching midway from the last season.

It was good until Carell left then it went downhill.

Jim and Pams wedding should have been the finale imo.

UK version > US version imo but maybes thats because im english.

No, it really is much better.

I really like the show, but the last 3-4 seasons have been a pretty sharp decline. Seasons 2-5 were excellent.

CeltsGarlic 05-19-2013 08:21 AM

Creed is one of the GOAT TV characters of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJcx0nlicY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fVl51Py898
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqpNEiXkpU

Fallguy20 05-19-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic

:oldlol:
love it. this one put me on my butt laughing when I saw it for the first time

link

Rockets(T-mac) 05-19-2013 03:28 PM

Amazing show for sure. It was best, when Pam was still timid and awkward. And of course during the prime Jim vs. Dwight days.