Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dead Rising & Dead Rising 2 Questions (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300372)

Legend of Josh 05-18-2013 02:03 PM

Dead Rising & Dead Rising 2 Questions

I've played and completed the original Dead Rising (once back when I first purchased somewhere around '06 or '07, and now again, just now). It's a pretty solid game overall.

I have yet to play the second installment. I'm sure some of you have. Is it better than the first? About the same, or not nearly as good? I ask because if DR2 lacks anything new or original in comparison to DR1 then I'll probably skip it.

To give an example - I was extremely pleased with the original Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 IMO was a terrible follow-up. I couldn't compel myself to complete the game.

Thorpesaurous 05-19-2013 12:39 AM

Re: Dead Rising & Dead Rising 2 Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I've played and completed the original Dead Rising (once back when I first purchased somewhere around '06 or '07, and now again, just now). It's a pretty solid game overall.

I have yet to play the second installment. I'm sure some of you have. Is it better than the first? About the same, or not nearly as good? I ask because if DR2 lacks anything new or original in comparison to DR1 then I'll probably skip it.

To give an example - I was extremely pleased with the original Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 IMO was a terrible follow-up. I couldn't compel myself to complete the game.

I oddly didn't play Dead Rising, but got Dead Rising II because of the reviews, and I was bored. I didn't like it. It was too goofy for my taste. And on top of the goofyness, like the costumes you could put on, and the crazy weapons you could make, there was still this tense timed sense about getting your daughter her Zombrex medication.
To be fair, I didn't like enough that I never gave it a great chance.

Also, because I didn't play the first one, I can't really say how it compares and if you're liking the first would lead to a particular opinion on the second. But that's my take on the second.

I actually did the same thing with Bioshock. Didn't play the first, mainly because it was First Person, which I don't care for. But because of the reviews, I grabbed two, and never gave that a decent shot either because I just couldn't get into it.

Wavves 05-19-2013 05:09 AM

I played them both. The original Dead Rising is a classic in my opinion. It felt refreshing and it was fun. DR2 was fun and without a doubt a good game, but it was very over the top and just didn't have the same feeling and charm to it than the original. A lot of things seemed forced.

glidedrxlr22 05-21-2013 04:32 PM

I love zombie games, but I could not get into the Dead Rising series. They're just too whacky and zany for my tastes. I prefer Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, and Yakuza Dead Souls.