Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Colangelo OUT as GM!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300559)

Dr.Funk 05-20-2013 01:22 PM

Colangelo OUT as GM!!!

Quote:

According to multiple reports, Bryan Colangelo's tenure as president and general manager of the Toronto Raptors has come to an end.

But that doesn't mean his stay in Toronto is over altogether. Colangelo will reportedly stay on with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment in a corporate, non-basketball role. According to reportsm MLSE is also attempting to lure Denver Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to take over for Colangelo and run the Raptors basketball operations.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports wrote on twitter this morning, "Colangelo's finalizing agreement to move over to business side, leaving basketball ops. Ownership preparing major financial offer for Ujiri."

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=423600

Qwyjibo 05-20-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Colangelo OUT as GM!!!

While I'm not happy that he's still a part of the organization, this gives me some hope:

Quote:

corporate, non-basketball role.

Good.

Sakkreth 05-20-2013 02:39 PM

Will be hard to find someone who's worse than him as gm, but with raptors u never know.

Chamberlain 05-20-2013 02:44 PM

I feel like I just got out of an abusive relationship.

Legends66NBA7 05-20-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Will be hard to find someone who's worse than him as gm, but with raptors u never know.

Rob Babcock was worse.

Zan Tabak 05-20-2013 03:46 PM

keantona 05-20-2013 06:11 PM

thank christ

kmart 05-21-2013 02:25 AM

Tim Leiweke:bowdown:

Jballer 05-21-2013 02:02 PM

Careful what you wish for :

One word : Ujiri.

Is this the very same Ujiri hired by Collangelo to be an assit GM before Denver ?

Is this the very same Ujiri that was so high on Bargnani that he came over after storngly recommneding he draft him 1st over all ?

I am entirely uncertain if he would be my choice regardless of where BC works. Further BC brought him to the NBA did he not ?

It would frankly be better if BC simply moved on and they brought in the basketball guy they want - decisively - as per post below.

Himan12 05-21-2013 02:23 PM

Its been a long time coming. Still don't like the parasite being around though.

DJMason 05-21-2013 02:40 PM

Someone needs to explain to me how president of the Raptors is a "non basketball operations" role.

I should have known this story was too good to be true.

letshaveacorona 05-21-2013 03:22 PM

i dont mind keeping BC on as President especially since it has been made clear itvwill be in a non basketball operations role meaning drafting, trades, free agents etc and the new GM will report directly to Lewieke. Classy move!! I mean think about it this way BC made alot of strides corporate wise to move this team forward. it was the first team to have uts own NBA tv channel. first to have 3d in the arena. has created tons of co munity programs not only on toronto but across canada. we ll agree BC failed s GM of the raptors by not being able to construct a chmpionship calibre team in the 7 years hes been here but you cant deny his efforts as president at the corporate level. hes a veryvwell respected executive who can offer a lotvto this organization and keeping him on will help take some of the early job pressures off of Lewieke. in a few years BC will probably be offered another President/GM role somewhere else and he will be gone but in the meantime im perfectly fine keeping him in his corporate role and away from basketball player decisions. besides on a more humanitarian level the dude win or lose gave his best and hes one of us i mean this guy really really loves toronto and wanted to be a part of this organization. hes a raptor. this is a classy move for the raptors and will be viewed like that by the entire nba including the next GM, our own players, and possible player recruits. way to go Lewikie treating people with respect is the first step in creating a new culture in torontonone that has the potential to be a place where top players want to live and play!!

bluerap 05-21-2013 11:48 PM

very interesting read

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...b_ke lly.html

kmart 05-22-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jballer
Careful what you wish for :

One word : Ujiri.

Is this the very same Ujiri hired by Collangelo to be an assit GM before Denver ?

Yes, he was hired from Denver

Quote:

Is this the very same Ujiri that was so high on Bargnani that he came over after storngly recommneding he draft him 1st over all ?

No, he came to the Raps after the Bargs draft.

Quote:

I am entirely uncertain if he would be my choice regardless of where BC works. Further BC brought him to the NBA did he not ?

No BC did not bring him in, I believe the Nuggets did. Colangelojust hired him away from the Nuggets.

Quote:

It would frankly be better if BC simply moved on and they brought in the basketball guy they want - decisively - as per post below.

It's not BC's decision anymore.

bokes15 05-23-2013 06:48 AM

They said on ESPN that he's still retaining his role as president, just not GM. Is that not true?