My Mock Draft
Since there is no mock draft forum for all, I am starting a new thread. I didn't get as much time to follow the draft this year as I do most years, but I have a pretty good idea of what is going on overall since I have caught up with a lot of info in the past month or so.
1. Toronto-Andrea Bargnani-They promised him a pick way back, and despite trying to milk the fact they won the lottery, they go with the guy they want most.
2. Chicago-Tyrus Thomas-I still don't think they have decided between Thomas, Roy, and Aldridge, but I go out on a limb and say they take Thomas, perhaps with a trade in mind.
3. Charlotte-Rudy Gay-Everyone knows I would take him #1, but now I think people realize Charlotte is a good fit with Felton running the point and a hard worker like Okafor (and fellow UConn player) being the team leader.
4. Portland-Adam Morrison-This team still hasn't recovered from the JailBlazer days, and Morrison is a big step in the right direction.
5. Atlanta-Brandon Roy-This pick will be traded to Houston. I think all Rocket fans like Head, but Roy is that 3rd scorer that they need.
6. Minnesota-Randy Foye-Despite Aldridge being available, I think Foye is their guy to be their backcourt mate to McCants.
7. Boston-Marcus Williams-Everyone likes this pick. He should go to Atlanta, but Boston will be happy to get him.
8. Houston-Sheldon Williams-Traded to Atlanta. Atlanta thinks Williams will be their star post player, and while he may not be a star, he brings a good inside game to go with more rebounding and shot blocking.
9. Golden State-LaMarcus Aldridge-Looking at O'Bryant and hoping Foye falls, but Aldridge is a no-brainer to help Murphy inside.
10. Seattle-Saer Sene-Looking towards the future with Sheldon Williams off the board.
11. Orlando-J.J. Redick-Some think he is falling, and Brewer makes sense here, but Redick brings the shooting they need.
12. New Orleans-Ronnie Brewer-Probably the #1 guy on their draft list. Already have JR Smith, but Paul and Brewer is too good of a backcourt to pass up.
13. Philadelpia-Rajon Rondo-Need a PG to help out Iverson.
14. Utah-Rodney Carney-The type of defensive/all around SG they like.
15. New Orleans-Cedric Simmons-A nice project to replace Brown.
16. Chicago-Hilton Armstrong-A big man to help out right away.
17. Indiana-Patrick O'Bryant-They are only going to go so far with Jeff Foster at center.
18. Washington-Mardy Collins-Just some backcourt help.
19. Sacramento-Shannon Brown-Would be exciting next to Bibby.
20. New York-Thabo Sefolosha-Get booed, but a nice backcourt prospect for when they fix the whole Marbury/Francis/Crawford/Richardson/Rose backcourt mess.
21. Phoenix-Quincy Douby-A good shooter to come off the bench.
22. New Jersey-Jordan Farmer-A potetial replacement for Kidd in a couple years.
23. New Jersey-Paul Davis-Will help out the most among the big men left.
24. Memphis-Maurice Ager-A nice pick to help an aging backcourt.
25. Cleveland-Sergio Rodriguez-Have their choice of Rodriguez (who has lottery-type potential), Lowry, Diaz, Brown, and Gibson.
26. L.A. Lakers-Shawnee Williams-Huge potential to go next to Kobe and Odom, a big steal in my mind.
27. Phoenix-Joel Freeland-Will need help for Amare in a few years after Thomas moves on/retires.
28. Dallas-Oleksiv Pecherov-Want Ager, Sefolosha, or Brown, but take the best big man available.
29. New York-Josh Boone-They did well with the guy they loved and no one else did last year (Frye), and this year they may strike silver again with Boone.
30. Portland-P.J. Tucker-A nice player to help protect Morrison.
Ty Thomas can get bent, i hope chicago doesn't draft him. i don't believe paxson is that stupid.
I can't imagine Phoenix would pass on Pecherov, if they keep the #27 and he's still there.
Have you watch how intense Tyrus Thomas gets in the games!? He is a mad man, he is a tough guy, he has a nastyness about him. I think Aldridge would get beat up,i never see that guy yelling or showing any emotion.
if Aldridge is there, i think Chicago should take him. and anyway, Aldridge available at #9 is a very long shot, i don't think even 5 teams would pass on him. Saer Sene to Seattle is also something i really don't see happening. they already have two developing bigs in Swift and Petro.
And i will be really sad if the 76ers take Rondo. i just don't see him fitting in Philly. bring Cedric Simmons or Rodney Carney instead.
overall, very original mock. :applause:
coming from a knick fan, screw this mock draft..everyone else is okay i guess but knicks wont draft him at 20, trust me zeke is not an idiot
thabo sefolosha is in fact, one of my favorite players in this draft. has developed a very nice bball IQ, can shoot the ball, and has very good athleticism.
that said, i really hope he isnt taken by the knicks. they have way too many swingmen and he would never get any pt.
When have you ever watched that Thabo queer? Do you live in Tanzania or wherever the hell he is from?
Truly, none of us really have a grasp on these foreign players..we've never saw em live and their isn't enough tape to evaluate their game..I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about any of the upcoming foreigners in the draft because I don't..and most of you don't either..
I wish they would just let the foreign guys sign as free agents and leave the draft to the college kids...
i posted a mock a few days ago, and although i had a #1 for #4 and Telfair trade in there - which makes perfect sense, (although we are talking about Portland and Toronto), it seems there is talk of Telfair being moved to Boston and Bargnani landing on top instead.
Instead, Ill go with the ATL/HOU rumor, and say Luther Head is packing his bags in the roy/williams deal.
Probably wrong, but.. i dont care. It sounds good.
my final mock
1. raps - andrea bargnani
2. bulls - lamarcus aldridge
3. cats - rudy gay
4. blazers - adam morrison
5. hawks - brandon roy*
6. twolves - marcus williams
7. celtics - randy foye
8. rockets - shelden williams*
9. warriors - tyrus thomas
10. sonics - ronnie brewer
11. magic - rodney carney
12. hornets - shawne williams
13. sixers - rajon rondo
14. jazz - mardy collins
15. hornets - cedric simmons
16. bulls - patrick o'bryant
17. pacers - shannon brown
18. wiz - jj redick
19. kings - hilton armstrong
20. knicks - saer sene
21. suns - jordan farmar
22. nets - sergio rodriguez
23. nets - alexander johnson
24. griz - kyle lowry
25. cavs - daniel gibson
26. lakers - denham brown
27. suns - oleksiy pecherov
28. mavs - thabo sefolosha
29. knicks - josh boone
30. blazers - maurice ager
btw, im not in the US.
He's from Switzerland that's it. What's the difference anyway, Switzerland and Tanzania?
yeah...he's also 6 foot 7 in socks! he should be a SF...chicago needs big men. not long armed freaks who are SF's.
Chicago needs Bargnani. They should package Duhon and #2 pick to Chicago and draft Duhon's replacement (Lowry or Rondo or Williams or Rodriguez) at 16.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4