Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tim Tebow to the Patriots. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303235)

LongLiveTheKing 06-10-2013 06:23 PM

Tim Tebow to the Patriots.

Really though who cares about Tebow? I wonder what he will do it's not like he'll beat out Brady,

Wally450 06-10-2013 06:42 PM

Re: Tim Tebow to the Patriots.

I doubt he'll get any burn during games.

DuMa 06-10-2013 06:51 PM

Tebow replacing Gronk :lol

Real Men Wear Green 06-10-2013 07:30 PM

I like it. McDaniels gets a chance to continue working on his pet project and if it works out the Pats could have a great replacement for Brady one day. If it doesn't there's no loss, just one of several back-ups that came and went. No one considers Rohan Davey to be a mistake, Tebow would be no different. And no one here is going to pressure Belichick to bench Tom Terrific. Also, the Pats will have great insight into the Jets offense...well, maybe they won't but it's not much of an offense anyway.

AboveTheRim. 06-10-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I like it. McDaniels gets a chance to continue working on his pet project and if it works out the Pats could have a great replacement for Brady one day. If it doesn't there's no loss, just one of several back-ups that came and went. No one considers Rohan Davey to be a mistake, Tebow would be no different. And no one here is going to pressure Belichick to bench Tom Terrific. Also, the Pats will have great insight into the Jets offense...well, maybe they won't but it's not much of an offense anyway.

That's the key, there is nothing really to lose by signing him

JMT 06-10-2013 07:44 PM

No risk signing. You get a guy with a unique skill set and a coaching staff that's familiar with him and unafraid to think outside the box.

There's no pressure on the organization; they've done just fine without him. There's nobody going to be intimidated by his fan following; he's not the big story. There's no pressure for him to win anything but the #3 QB job and be a football player.

Best of all, it presents the possibility that he'll get to score a TD vs the still hapless Jets and their uber-doosh of a nitwit head coach.

Real Men Wear Green 06-10-2013 07:53 PM

Gronk on Tebow.

jazz873 06-10-2013 09:39 PM

irondarts 06-10-2013 10:44 PM

The ESPN coverage of this is going to be relentless.

Derka 06-11-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts

What's hilarious about this is that its already happened.

The Sox are tops in the AL, the Bruins are in the Stanley Cup...and the Pats new third string QB is their lead story. :lol

Jailblazers7 06-11-2013 10:40 AM

Prob one of the few places he can be a back-up QB because there is no pressure to start him.

JMT 06-11-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts

It won't last. Just not a very good story anymore. They're simply pandering to the audience, which creams itself over any NFL news regardless of the season.

CelticBaller 06-11-2013 09:39 PM

:facepalm

Shade8780 06-15-2013 08:43 AM

I like it. Tebow should've started over Sanchez last year and I think he'll fit in better with the Pats than with the Jets. It's a low-risk, high-reward kind of deal.

Guy Ledouche 06-22-2013 02:38 AM

Maybe now they can win without cheating..... Nah.