Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What games are you going to buy on release? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303590)

ukballer 06-13-2013 08:32 AM

What games are you going to buy on release?

PS4/Xbox One both getting closer all the time now, and with E3 revealing most of the games that will be on offer for these consoles, what games are you looking to get and are most excited about?

Off the top of my head, I want FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Star Wars Battlefront 3, Watchdogs, and the UFC game. There are more too, but can't think of all of them right now. Obviously no way I'd get them all at once, but they're the first ones I can think of. (I'm getting the PS4 most likely).

rhythmic †hesis 06-13-2013 10:48 AM

Re: What games are you going to buy on release?

The Last Of Us, GTA 5, Watch Dogs, FIFA 14, Madden 25, NBA 2K14, Ghosts, Battlefield 4 are all 1st day purchases for me.

Oh yeah Two Souls is a 1st day purchase too.

rhythmic †hesis 06-13-2013 10:49 AM

I'll also get Destiny, pretty sure and possibly Assassins Creed.

Rose 06-13-2013 03:30 PM

I'll almost certainly be adapting to PS4

My first purchases guaranteed are: Watch Dogs, and Battlefield.

Next tier (which could join them are) AC 4 and Destiny.

Then the games which I'll get on a black friday/christmas sale: NBA 2K 14, which just isn't a release day deal for me anymore, and maybe Killzone.

Games that I'll buy day one which aren't launch titles buy will be out next year (probably) Infamous: second son, and Battlefront.

Two Souls also has the potential to be a day one game, but I'd have to play Heavy Rain first I guess...so I'm hoping it becomes a ps+ game soon :lol

intrinsic 06-13-2013 03:56 PM

Good question. There's nothing on the horizon that I must have on release, but I'll definitely buy SR4 at some point.

CeltsGarlic 06-13-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrinsic
Good question. There's nothing on the horizon that I must have on release, but I'll definitely buy SR4 at some point.

Meh, It will probably cost like your average new game, but the overall product is just very slightly different from SR3.

I expect a drop in price in couple of weeks.

GOBB 06-13-2013 04:13 PM

GTA 5 is a release day buy.

Qwyjibo 06-13-2013 04:17 PM

Games I currently have pre-ordered:

GTA 5
Last of Us
Beyond Two Souls
Dark Souls 2

niko 06-13-2013 05:27 PM

I don't think i will get a PS4 this year, some of the games (Watch Dogs, Fifa 14, etc.) essentially you need to wait a month to get them if you upgrade, which i'm not doing plus there is no real PS4 exclusive I need. PS3 has the best games this holiday season.

Scholar 06-13-2013 06:21 PM

I posted this in "The Last of Us Hype" thread, but it's probably better suited here:

Watch Dogs is for PS3, too, right? I mean, I want to get a PS4, but not immediately. And if Watch Dogs is coming out for current gen systems, I'll be good for a long time playing that, GTA V, Saints Row 4 & The Last of Us.

niko 06-13-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholar
I posted this in "The Last of Us Hype" thread, but it's probably better suited here:

Watch Dogs is for PS3, too, right? I mean, I want to get a PS4, but not immediately. And if Watch Dogs is coming out for current gen systems, I'll be good for a long time playing that, GTA V, Saints Row 4 & The Last of Us.

Watch Dogs is coming out for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U and also for XBONE and PS4.

nightprowler10 06-13-2013 07:17 PM

Yup, same for AC4.

ukballer 06-14-2013 05:23 AM

I really like the look of Killzone: Shadow Fall as well.

Never played a Killzone game seeing as I never had a PS3, but I always wanted to try at least one of the games. Heard nothing but good things about the series from my friends who have a PS3.

chains5000 06-14-2013 06:15 AM

Dark Souls II:bowdown:

Rake2204 06-14-2013 09:58 AM

I don't envision buying a next generation console any time soon. With that in mind, I plan on purchasing GTA V and likely NBA 2K14 upon release, for the 360.