Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Falling backwards while shooting 3's. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303841)

L.Kizzle 06-15-2013 01:14 PM

Falling backwards while shooting 3's.

Does anyone else do this? I do it every time.

I makes it look that much more impressive, especially if it goes in. :lol

Chizdog 06-15-2013 01:51 PM

Re: Falling backwards while shooting 3's.

Am I the only one who rushes to the paint to try to get the rebound after shooting? Even NBA players just stand still like a statue after shooting three.

Bandito 06-15-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chizdog
Am I the only one who rushes to the paint to try to get the rebound after shooting? Even NBA players just stand still like a statue after shooting three.

I do the same thing too all the time, but I do it because my jump shot sucks though and I don't trust it.

Straight_Ballin 07-05-2013 04:02 AM

Anyone shoot running 3's off the break? Basically jump right before you hit the line off 1 foot and glide in the air for a floater? If you miss you are right there for the putback. Make sure you got 10 steps on the defender though. Works great off the steal when they just give up. No loss in momentum and a chance for 3 points instead of 2.

W_Shadow 07-05-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
Anyone shoot running 3's off the break? Basically jump right before you hit the line off 1 foot and glide in the air for a floater? If you miss you are right there for the putback. Make sure you got 10 steps on the defender though. Works great off the steal when they just give up. No loss in momentum and a chance for 3 points instead of 2.

Smart players never give up on a play, because they know that in pickup basketball some players miss easy shots on a fast break.

CeltsGarlic 07-05-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

why do you risk a guaranteed 2 for a maybe 3 when a bounce after a miss might go not where you expect?

CeltsGarlic 07-05-2013 11:21 AM

yeah, more often then not I fade when shooting. But Im learning to quit it.

Straight_Ballin 07-06-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
why do you risk a guaranteed 2 for a maybe 3 when a bounce after a miss might go not where you expect?

You have to put a good touch on the shot and if you do you are in good position for the rebound. I'm just wondering if this could ever be perfected to not clank it off the rim such that there's no chance for the rebound.

CeltsGarlic 07-08-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

You have to put a good touch on the shot and if you do you are in good position for the rebound. I'm just wondering if this could ever be perfected to not clank it off the rim such that there's no chance for the rebound.

I really doubt anyone could perfect it. Its impossible if you ask me. Good luck tho

01amberfirewv 07-08-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

The only problem with this is 3's are often long rebounds. This is why I really don't like 3's in pickup games. I play with a lot of guys that think it's the only shot they can take and they fire away on or off.

LongLiveTheKing 07-19-2013 05:50 AM

I just stand there like a boss waiting for it to go in lol

Jailblazers7 07-19-2013 05:02 PM

I never fade or fall backwards on 3s. I usually only go up with a 3 if my balance feels pretty good. The only time I really ever fall back is if I'm shooting a turnaround or something from the post.

RidonKs 07-19-2013 09:29 PM

i like leaning forward more than leaning back... probably cuz i dont have the upper body strength to get it there falling away without completely distorting my form. but especially coming off a curl, anywhere between 15-20 feet, turning to the left, i love transitioning that curl right into shooting form and leaning in.... ray allen does it a lot

side note: its amazing how much "follow your shot" was drilled into my head and i still dont to it anywhere near 100% of the time. its gotta be some sort of ego/confidence thing psychologically, its sorta part and parcel of following your shot that you assume its not going in, whereas holding your form or slowly backing up means you know its going in. i dunno how you'd find out whether one mentality or the other actually effects any given shot... probaqbly not, and its no reason not to follow your shot. just an explanation lol

TonyMontana 07-21-2013 04:16 AM

Jump forward, lean shoulders back. It relieves tension and gets more arc on your shot.

Overdrive 07-21-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Half court set? Sure. On full court you're missing on defense if your team fails to get the (long) rebound.