Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Favorite games of current gen (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305277)

Heavincent 06-24-2013 04:28 PM

Favorite games of current gen

We were talking about this in the Last of Us thread, so I thought I'd make a separate thread for it.

1. The Last Of Us
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Gears of War 3
4. Gears of War
5. Mass Effect
6. Assassin's Creed 2
7. Mass Effect 2
8. L.A Noire
9. Bioshock Infinite
10. Gears of War 2

I don't own a PS3 (borrowed one from a friend just to play TLoU), so that's why I don't have Uncharted or any of the other PS3 exclusives on my list.

LJJ 06-24-2013 05:29 PM

Re: Favorite games of current gen

My favorites are Mass Effect 1, Bioshock, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Fallout 3, Portal (2).

It's crazy to me that there are 3 shooting games on my top 5, I don't even like shooting games that much.

Most disappointing games: Prince of Persia reboot, Zelda Skyward Sword, Metroid Other M, new Bioware releases, GTA4.

Rose 06-24-2013 05:47 PM

I'm on the next to last chapter of the first uncharted, and I gotta say once the zombies came into the game I completely lost interest and am now just trying to finish it. I'll probably start the third one tomorrow or the day after. Given my previous statement uncharted 1 is officially off my top 10. And I'll re-order them in favor of personal preference instead of what I did in TLOU thread.

1. Mass Effect 2.
2. AC: Brotherhood
3. Uncharted 2
4. Gears of War 2
5. AC 2.
6. Mass Effect
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2
8. Arkham City
9. Halo Reach. Best campaign I believe for a halo game, and I was addicted to the multiplayer forever.
10. Tomb Raider.

Games 2-5 are interchangeable. And I feel like I could put tomb raider a bit above that slot.

Honorable mention: Drake's fortune, BF3, Bioshock.

In my queue: Infinite, Uncharted 3, TLOU (played parts at a friends house so far), Portal 2. Are the only ones I'd say have a reasonable shot at moving into at least honorable mention.

Al Thornton 06-24-2013 05:50 PM

uncharted 2
mass effect 2
assassin's creed brotherhood
call of duty 4
red dead redemption
halo 3
gears of war
bioshock
arkham asylum
portal
nba2k

Al Thornton 06-24-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
I'm on the next to last chapter of the first uncharted, and I gotta say once the zombies came into the game I completely lost interest and am now just trying to finish it.

that's the most disappointing part about those games. especially when it happens again in 2. i haven't played 3 are there stupid creatures in that too?

Rose 06-24-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Thornton
that's the most disappointing part about those games. especially when it happens again in 2. i haven't played 3 are there stupid creatures in that too?

Haven't played it yet, I'll tell you if/when I find them. It pissed me off in 2 as well. But at least they aren't as bad in 2 as in the first one I think.

Scholar 06-24-2013 06:33 PM

The best games I've played on the current gen are:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Assassin's Creed II
3. Assassin's Creed Revelations
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Batman: Arkham City
6. God of War III
7. NBA 2K13
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
10. Sleeping Dogs

clipse026 06-24-2013 11:12 PM

No real order here:

Sleeping Dogs
Red Dead Redemption
Dragon Age: Origins
Bioshock Infinite
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Left 4 Dead
Uncharted 2

Al Thornton 06-25-2013 01:55 AM

oh yea left 4 dead too. i played the demo for that non stop when it first came out.

rhythmic †hesis 06-25-2013 09:20 AM

Uncharted 3 is better then Uncharted 2, if you play both on crushing.
The reason most of you enjoy Uncharted 2 more is because of a more polished story and a far more intimidating villain. On easier levels, the progression through the story is more enjoyable then Uncharted 3.

However, Uncharted 3 has better graphics, sound, detail; far more interesting side character (Cutter). The missions are more fun (Citadel, Chateau, The Boat, Graveyard, Caravan, The Chase (both as young Drake & against the antogonist)...the game is just more memorable to me and the cut-scenes are more engaging.

Like I said already, to me Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 2 but you have to play both games on crushing. Once you perfect the strategy, you will have such an amazing experience with U3.

I think U3 also forces you to adopt to a more stealthy strategy in certain areas because enemies flank you if you engage in a fire fight. In U2, you can literally beat the entire game on crushing by engaging in a fire fight and using cover; the level design made it too easy to beat it.

U2 is far easier to beat on crushing then U3 or Drake's Fortune; however DF is by far the toughest on crushing.