Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305358)

insidehoops 06-25-2013 12:29 PM

Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13564

Will be interesting to see if Pierce and Celtics part ways at all

TheReal Kendall 06-25-2013 12:31 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
I'm sorry but I just don't see why any team would want Pierce.

Did they not see him play in the playoffs this year?

He's washed! He looked so old and slow out there.

SilkkTheShocker 06-25-2013 12:48 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
I'm sorry but I just don't see why any team would want Pierce.

Did they not see him play in the playoffs this year?

He's washed! He looked so old and slow out there.


He isn't washed up, but he definitely in the running for slowest wing players in the league. I think Cleveland does it to make a playoff run this season. And Pierce comes off the book in the offseason so they can make a run at the 2014 free agents. I don't think they want to blow their wad on guys like Igoudala or Josh Smith. No idea why the Bucks would do this. That team needed to hit the reset button yesterday.

Shade8780 06-25-2013 12:55 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
19, 31 and 33 for Pierce? :confusedshrug:

DukeDelonte13 06-25-2013 12:56 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade8780
19, 31 and 33 for Pierce? :confusedshrug:



maybe 31 and 33, but who really knows :confusedshrug:

i'd like them to pick up a SF with #19 regardless of whether they deal for pierce if they don't take porter at one.

gasolina 06-25-2013 12:57 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
He isn't washed up, but he definitely in the running for slowest wing players in the league. I think Cleveland does it to make a playoff run this season. And Pierce comes off the book in the offseason so they can make a run at the 2014 free agents. I don't think they want to blow their wad on guys like Igoudala or Josh Smith. No idea why the Bucks would do this. That team needed to hit the reset button yesterday.

I think same reason as the Cavs. Some of the younger teams need that veteran winner mentalilty that Pierce certainly brings. The Bucks have some pieces that are intriguing but just has no leader.

Also, they need to put butts on the seats.

SilkkTheShocker 06-25-2013 01:02 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
I think same reason as the Cavs. Some of the younger teams need that veteran winner mentalilty that Pierce certainly brings. The Bucks have some pieces that are intriguing but just has no leader.

Also, they need to put butts on the seats.


Agreed. I think Pierce can do a lot to help make them a playoff team. You make a great point of why the Bucks would want him. But I think they really need to just blow it up and build around Sanders for the time being.

ballup 06-25-2013 02:18 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
If the Celtics can snag someone like Ersan with picks, that'd be great.

SilkkTheShocker 06-25-2013 02:24 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ballup
If the Celtics can snag someone like Ersan with picks, that'd be great.


There is literally a 0% chance Milwaukee is stupid enough to offer that.

Mass Debator 06-25-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Why would Pierce even go to those teams? Might as well take a pay cut and join the Heat lol. But realistically, I would target the Grizzlies somehow and get it done in some way.

SilkkTheShocker 06-25-2013 03:41 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mass Debator
Why would Pierce even go to those teams? Might as well take a pay cut and join the Heat lol. But realistically, I would target the Grizzlies somehow and get it done in some way.


If he wants all his money, than he doesn't have a choice. And the Grizzlies have absolutely no way of making that happen unless Boston wants Prince

gasolina 06-25-2013 03:49 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mass Debator
Why would Pierce even go to those teams? Might as well take a pay cut and join the Heat lol. But realistically, I would target the Grizzlies somehow and get it done in some way.

Pierce was my wet dream when the grizz were looking where to trade Rudy. Unfortunately we have cheap ass owners.

BlackWhiteGreen 06-25-2013 03:54 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Pierce has no say in it anyway. I'd like to see him in Cleveland if he has to go, but I want that trade exception.

ballup 06-25-2013 04:27 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Th e Bucks can absorb Pierces contract actually. Isnt Monta terminating his contract? Maybe thhe Bucks want to do a sign and trade.

ConanRulesNBC 06-25-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Cavaliers, Bucks might want Paul Pierce
 
Pierce on the Cavaliers would be interesting. I'd love to see it happen actually. A veteran like Pierce with all the young guys on the Cavaliers. Maybe make it to the playoffs and play the Heat?

How crazy would that be? Not just for the LeBron/Cavaliers history but the Pierce/LeBron history. That would be an insane first round playoff series.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy